Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I The Only One Excited For Profanity?!?

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    No, unfortunately I swear like a sailor irl but only if the situation warrants it, like stubbing and breaking my pinky toe. :D

In the Sims I think swearing would be a hoot, another facet to their personality revealed. I can just imagine, in my playable sims, which ones would be the pottymouths, lol. Hilarious!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I have a swearing habit that's quite difficult to keep control of on these forums.

I'm going to learn all those plumming swear words and spam the plum out of them from now on.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well in my own game i can say there will be no pottymouth sims no sewaring no burping at the table my sims will be neat polite and well behave
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I think some Sims should have an attitude. One of the things I appreciated about TS1 was when I would call up Morty and he would curse out my Sim, just when my Sim really needed a new friend to get that promotion. :o:D

It's been a part of The Sims series since the beginning but was left behind a long time ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, I think some Sims should have an attitude. One of the things I appreciated about TS1 was when I would call up Morty and he would curse out my Sim, just when my Sim really needed a new friend to get that promotion. :o:D

It's been a part of The Sims series since the beginning but was left behind a long time ago.

well no one plays the same and me in my case i sure do not like the fact that they added something that i find very impolite in real life and would not let my sims swears or be impolite.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

well no one plays the same and me in my case i sure do not like the fact that they added something that i find very impolite in real life and would not let my sims swears or be impolite.

I don't curse in real life and it's true it's impolite. I guess these Sims have to be better parents (ground them) if they curse.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    No, unfortunately I swear like a sailor irl but only if the situation warrants it, like stubbing and breaking my pinky toe. :D

In the Sims I think swearing would be a hoot, another facet to their personality revealed. I can just imagine, in my playable sims, which ones would be the pottymouths, lol. Hilarious!

Maybe the Profanity system should also take place after marriage when they realized who they married.....
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    I bet it will make players chuckle a good amount. :D On that note - farting interaction, anyone?

That interaction was truly unexpected when I discovered it. I didn't believed that happened until it happened again!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Will they be using the word 'plum' as that is what profanity ends up being around here ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I'm wondering what will happen if I raise one kid with a lot of correcting, in the sense of being really polite, but the other one I don't pay as much attention to and how that will turn up in my household... :)
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Would be fun if a teen "swears" infront of a kid and the parents freak out haha, bring it on!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I think it's great haha. It's not uncommon for me to be swearing at my sims, so I look forward to them swearing back at me.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I believe that it's the act of swearing that taints, not the actual words used. That's why replacement swearwords are nonsense - the anger and hatred put into a replacement swearword are the same as if an actual cussword would have been used.

In the game it's different. I do not act out my real world convictions there, instead I look at my families and decide what their stance on swearing is, even if it's contradictionary to my real world values. Wolfgang Munch/Cassandra Goth will certainly be a much more dynamic marriage after the GP >:) The poor things are so much in love and one of my all time OTPs, but I imagine their parenting styles will clash severly.
  • Options
    I believe that it's the act of swearing that taints, not the actual words used. That's why replacement swearwords are nonsense - the anger and hatred put into a replacement swearword are the same as if an actual cussword would have been used.

In the game it's different. I do not act out my real world convictions there, instead I look at my families and decide what their stance on swearing is, even if it's contradictionary to my real world values. Wolfgang Munch/Cassandra Goth will certainly be a much more dynamic marriage after the GP >:) The poor things are so much in love and one of my all time OTPs, but I imagine their parenting styles will clash severly.

I can only imagine that Parenthood will be able to enhance your family stories :)
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,086 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Me too! It's the simple but profane things in life.

LOL!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I think it is in ts3 (I get confused over versions) when they will say something like 'ah, noob' sometimes when they break something. Always makes me smile.

I would probably rather have had them add it without the swear bubble though.
    Parenting%201.JPG?dl=0

I sometimes feel like they think we are 5 years old and need to have the obvious rammed in our faces, like how they put in big words 'sad', 'flirty' etc. I'm sure we could all hear the simlish profanity without them pointing it out to us.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Just FYI, I swear sometimes for the sheer *cough* the sheer, uh... the sheer "heck" of it. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with anger or hatred. I can also say some pretty creatively hateful things without saying a single "swear" word.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Yes! I think it's a great addition and I'm looking forward to seeing it in-game.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I swear like the soldiers in Day Of The Dead (1985)

NOTE : Children are not recommended to google said film.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    well in my own game i can say there will be no pottymouth sims no sewaring no burping at the table my sims will be neat polite and well behave

It's ok you'll be able to just do laundry all day soon.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I swear like the soldiers in Day Of The Dead (1985)

NOTE : Children are not recommended to google said film.
    Lol. Love those old zombie movies. Dawn of the Dead was my fave.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm looking forward to potty-mouthed kids and teens lol, if only because Simlish is very amusing to me. I like that several of the words can be translated to English, like "sul sul" obviously means hello and "dag dag" is goodbye. I want to know what the Simlish F-bomb is :D
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to potty-mouthed kids and teens lol, if only because Simlish is very amusing to me. I like that several of the words can be translated to English, like "sul sul" obviously means hello and "dag dag" is goodbye. I want to know what the Simlish F-bomb is :D

It's "Flubbin'" as in "Don't you dare flubbin with my garden hose. I need it to hose down the old man in the wheelchair for the ride of his life"....
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Swearing rebellious teens? Sign me up
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I remember when I played The Sims: Bustin' Out for PS2 for the first time... I moved in with Mimi Landgrabb because she seemed like a super cool chick. We started a conversation and suddenly she started cursing at my Sim xD It was bleeped out and pixelated and super hilarious because until then I had only played the first Sims game and was not expecting that xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!