Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I The Only One Excited For Profanity?!?

DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
Yes! Triple size t-shirt yes! I love they are adding this as a new feature because let's be real what teen wouldn't be mouthing off to their parents. Yeah true it's going to be in Simlish as a cleaver way of censorship to keep a teen rating but I'm excited to have my Sims tell each other off such as to "Smole Flo Bell" or "Fluke U" or the harshest thing a Sim could possibly say such as "Up Gee Coffee Cup lil' booger". I mean that truly is the most insulting thing a Sim could say to another. Below is a link that lists of announced features we know so far for the upcoming game pack and please let's discuss on what you think about Sims using profanity.

http://www.thesimscake.com/2017/05/everything-you-need-know-about-new-pack.html

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think it'll more like back-talk as opposed actual swear words (And remember to be careful when using swears on here) but hearing a few 'dwam vous!" would be comical. Harshest thing I've had my sims say in stories has been calling someone a "durian plum" which would be the equivalent to the really really bad words...LOL
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I think it'll more like back-talk as opposed actual swear words (And remember to be careful when using swears on here) but hearing a few 'dwam vous!" would be comical. Harshest thing I've had my sims say in stories has been calling someone a "durian plum" which would be the equivalent to the really really bad words...LOL

Don't worry my mouth is clean. Can't say the same for my Sims when parenthood comes out. And that was from the parent to the teen. What the deuce? Calm down Sims! lol
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Me too! It's the simple but profane things in life.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Me too! It's the simple but profane things in life.

Yeah I just decided. When I start a new game tonight my new Sim will be named Profanity
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm looking forward to that to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Oh, the things I would say if there were no filters... o:)

So yes, I like that profanity is getting represented in some capacity.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I bet it will make players chuckle a good amount. :D On that note - farting interaction, anyone?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I can see the teenagers using profanity but not the kids.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    I hate profanity, I'll punish all profanity users and ground them firmly when I get the chance.....
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I love it! It's an opportunity to add more character to my Sims and goes especially well with teens. I used to swear quite a bit as a teen, so it really seems like something my teens would use a lot too. Plus, I still think swear words can be very interesting and creative, so yay for more opportunities for our Sims to be more interesting and rebellious and not always happy-go-lucky goody-two-shoes.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    NO. I'm stoked! I feel like it will be similar to when angry sims stomp around and go into a different room to be alone. They have the same little expletive marks that the teen sims do in the screenshots. It'll just be cool to be able to call your kids out for it.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm about as excited for more Simlish I can't understand as I am for finding out the Sims breathe invisible pixel air, lol.

I'm more excited for the build/buy mode items, tbh. They look really good. CAS stuff's pretty cool too. The parenting stuff is largely irrelevant to me.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    One of my true joys in life is being able to swear whenever and with whatever word I choose - so this is v exciting for me. I also like that it creates the ability for us to decide how we'd react to our sim teens and children doing it. I'm interested to see what sort of animations/reactions we get from said teens/children after parents either do or don't choose to punish them for it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So... will Simlish swearing be "plummed" on the forums??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    So... will Simlish swearing be "plummed" on the forums??

Perhaps they'll say "plum" in-game :open_mouth:
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2017
    No! I swear like a sailor. Learned my first swear from my mum and I knew how to use it bc I'd heard it in context. One time, when I was 7, I banged my knee on the side of a bedside table and whisper-shouted, well, its the forums, so, plum.. And then my sisters, who were 15 at the time just went "oooooooommmmmmmmm you said a bad woooord". And my sisters swear in a nonchalant way that's not meant to be offensive, and I picked it up and my parents always make fun of me for saying smth else instead of "stuff." Oh, I need to clean my room, it's overflowing with.. plum. Ewww, couldn't you wait until the bathroom?!

And when I was little I would say what the, literally just what the, no word came after 'the', I had never heard the word that normally comes after the but my friend was like oh my god you can't say that and I was like?? What?? I can't say the? Bc I meant it as in like what in the world, except what in the sounds weird so..

And when I was 7 I got ooooooommmed at for saying peanut. Literally.. Peanut butter. I was talking about what I had for breakfast. Peanut butter on toast. Really... At 8 I started trying to be clever and saying "...lette" after people ommed at me. They didn't get it.

cheeseomelette_80621_16x9.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I may be guilty of some IRL. In the context of the game, I won't really know how I'll utilize this until I get around to exploring it. My sim families so far have all been pretty much goody two shoes, so I'll have to see if that will change or if they will become more complex.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no and i can say that all the sims parents i create if i create a teen with younger siblings the parents will be veryt strict with the teen sim i create in create a sim, and i will also make sure if i give the teen sim a curfew that it will be respected no sneaking out
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    If my teens swear at me, I'll rip off their plumbob and beat them over the head with it until they learn some respect.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    and no swearing will happen in my game i can promise this
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm excited for it, it will give my sims more personality and be great for storytelling!
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I remember i told my mum where to go once....my jaw was sore for a week
    Never swore at her again
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    I remember i told my mum where to go once....my jaw was sore for a week
    Never swore at her again

One time I swore in front of my mom, she got angry and asked me where I learned that kind of language. So I was honest and told her it was from her. She wasn't amused :neutral:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i never swore in front of my parents, even as an adult. i just had too much respect for them.

it will be interesting to see the new interactions. will be quite amusing i'm sure. :o