Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too late to hope for playgrounds?

It seems from the trailer and announcement that playground objects aren't coming back this time around. Is it safe to assume they're not included in Parenting GP?
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I would say they're unlikely but you can't rule them out completely until we have seen the live streams. I would LOVE if we got like a "playground stuff" pack or something in the future though.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I would say pretty unlikely for this pack. Hoping for them to make an appearance in another pack or in a stuff pack.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Honestly, they should come for free. We've had them from the start in the other games, why should i have to pay for them now?
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    I don't think so, but who knows. The Vampire pack didn't show everything in the trailer either so terrible could be a lot we haven't seen.

Maybe in Pets, since we could get something like a mini pool for toddlers to play in and pets to get baths in.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, they should come for free. We've had them from the start in the other games, why should i have to pay for them now?

They'll probably shove them in another stuff pack, which would be baffling since it would have been appropriate for them to just add them into the children stuff pack. Then again felt like some key things were MIA in that one. You'd think that would have also been a good place for bunkbeds. Realllllllllllllllly hoping they're in this pack even though it wasn't in the trailer.

I agree. Something simple like swings at least should be in a patch. SLIDES. Sandboxes. Hopeful for more playground equipment or perhaps one of those cute little play houses in the backyard for kids to play house in. Though this pack probably focuses more around relationships with offspring than a lot of objects, but guess we'll see.

Alsolowkeywantingfamilypicknicsandoutings
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I am guessing that there is a reason we haven't gotten swings, perhaps related to why we haven't gotten lounge chairs. Likely they are more difficult to make for this game engine than they seem. Still, I'd like swings, slides, and other playground equipment. They could do an entire stuff pack around playgrounds, but it seems like something that would fit in this pack. I guess as a GP it may be focused on parenting and parent-child activities, so more on curfews and chores and less on playground stuff.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I like the base game playground things, I don't really get why they didn't add more before release.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

They'll probably shove them in another stuff pack, which would be baffling since it would have been appropriate for them to just add them into the children stuff pack. Then again felt like some key things were MIA in that one. You'd think that would have also been a good place for bunkbeds. Realllllllllllllllly hoping they're in this pack even though it wasn't in the trailer.

I agree. Something simple like swings at least should be in a patch. SLIDES. Sandboxes. Hopeful for more playground equipment or perhaps one of those cute little play houses in the backyard for kids to play house in. Though this pack probably focuses more around relationships with offspring than a lot of objects, but guess we'll see.

Alsolowkeywantingfamilypicknicsandoutings

Not just for kids! In previous games, adults teens and young adults could hang out on the swings which is what I miss the most.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Glad to see i'm not to only one feeling this way. I didn't see any playground equipment and that made a bit sad.. I mean, this pack is about parenting and children and all that, I feel like they're going to push out another stuff pack just for swings even though it would fit perfectly with this pack..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Yeah I really want playgrounds too!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I miss play ground items too, I really would like to have the swings back as well as tree houses and maybe play forts that toddlers could play in also. Perhaps these items can be added later if they take more time to do.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Playground equipment has always come in the base game, the sims 4 is no exception, it just had different equipment than in previous iterations, so no reason we would see swings for free.

It is a shame they don't seem to be coming in this pack but I guess it does make sense given the theme. I think a lot of expectations for this pack were a result of it being compared to generations but really it's not about the different generations, it's about the interactions between parents and their children and the way that influences them growing up.

Just for the record, while I'm sure we will see more playground equipment at some point in the sims 4, I doubt it will ever be in the form of a stuff pack. When they were releasing the romantic garden pack, Graham said they had considered adding swings but decided the amount of work involved would use up too much of the budget for a stuff pack. This is also the same reason we wont see lounge chairs or bunk beds in a stuff pack either, they would involve new animations therefore would count as one of the 2 gameplay objects, yet people would see them as just objects therefore making the packs look smaller.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I can see us still getting playground equipment in an SP or an outdoor-themed GP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I believe playground equipment could come in an Education or School related GP, its own outdoor play SP, or even just thrown into a patch. You never know. It doesn't really fit with a parenting theme, as much as it's for kids to play with.
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited May 2017
    Ugh, yes! I've been wanting more things for the kids to do or play on for ages. I miss cops and robbers and being able to play catch or jump rope. What about hopscotch? Tag? Hide and Seek? Slides, swings, a different looking "jungle gym" for kids that has a slide and whatnot on it? That looks more like traditional ones we see in most playgrounds? I'd love for Sims to be able to play miss mary mack or slide hand-clap games. I don't know, just a few thoughts. But I'd love to see a Playground themed pack of some kind that allows our kids to do more and be more like, well, kids! It probably will be a game pack, though, and not a stuff pack. Seems too involved for a stuff pack. I wasn't expecting anything like that in Parenthood though, since it seems more like a Childhood pack.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    We need swings I think the same is missing them.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    We need them! I expect an SP with them.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I highly doubt they will be added to Sims4. If the animation to get them to lounge in a chair or on a bed is so difficult to get done, then the whole animation of swinging is also too much.

A sandbox, maybe ... a see-saw could be, swings or slides ..... sadly no.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    we already have a slide its on the ship
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2017
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I highly doubt they will be added to Sims4. If the animation to get them to lounge in a chair or on a bed is so difficult to get done, then the whole animation of swinging is also too much.

and just because something is hard to do doesn't mean they wont do it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

They never said that the lounge chair animation is too difficult, just that with multitasking, it's more complicated than it appears and may be outside the bounds of a Stuff pack. Actually swings might be easier, because I doubt there's multitasking with swings.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think we'll get playground-based activities bit by bit, not necesserily all at once.

And if we can't get a lounge chair with stuff, maybe if we ever get another vacation-style pack we can get it with that?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2017

Hmmm TS4 base game comes with monkey bars for free. Meanwhile you had to pay for TS2: Apartment Life to get monkey bars, and TS3 never had monkey bars :p
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I wouldn't have thought they would add them in now. Not 2 weeks before the family pack launches. I hope we get them in the future though. I'd love to be able to make a proper play park lot for the hood.