Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood Game Pack ?

13...Next

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited May 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    Parenthood sounds like a great pack.

But when you say "Just don't get it" I want to remind you of all the items that are surely coming in the pack, say if you're sick of luxurious mansions, and how people like to make sure their game is complete, so they will buy it anyway, but they would rather it was about something else. For example the Bowling Pack is terrible, but I bought it anyway (and regret it). Even some people who ask which expansion to get plan to eventually get them all.

Me though, I love packs full of stuff I could never do in real life, like becoming occult creatures or owning a dog.

Not to sound offensive in any way, but their are some simmers who aren't able to have children of their own, weather they're too young, unable to adopt, or just not physically/mentally ready for children.

So when you say "I want to do things I can't do in real life." something like this actually does apply to a family player who is head over heels for this pack.

Sometimes the 'realistic' things we think almost everyone is capable of doing in real life aren't always possible for everyone. I think sometimes we really take that for granted.

Note: that wasn't a debate with you @Loanet <3. I'm just sort of explaining to other simmers that sometimes virtual escape is a 2/3/4 way street when it comes to simmers.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Parenthood...as a dude I find it tough to get excited about this, I don't want to be sexist here, but this is much more a woman's game pack as it is a mans. I enjoy family play very much and I enjoy watching my children progress and evolve...but I have no desire to micro-manage them...the sim day has few hours as it is...time management is going to be an issue!
    I have bought every pack so far...I am holding out for Pets, Seasons and a Terrain Pack that allows you to change the landscape within each lot!

I kind of share the feeling you have, as a female not interested in raising a family ;) One part of me realizes how much more in-depth families I will be able to play with and how much better stories it will make. Then the other part of me is like "what am I getting into, this pack is out of my territory".
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    There is no need to be so defensive Alysha1988...no-one is having a go! You enjoy what you enjoy...every pack adds something unique to the game...and that's why I buy them

I honestly wasn't and never felt anyone was having a go, but I apologize to the OP if that's how it came off to you as well. That certainly wasn't my intemtion.

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited May 2017
    If there is one thing I can live without especially in My game it is ( Zits ), that only Makes Me Ill to see, do not wish to see that on My Sims, it would only gross Me out and make Me quit My game or Delete the Sim I saw them on, UG.

P.S. I do not mean to offend anyone per say, that is just how I feel bout My Sims in My Game, do not want to see that on Mine.
  • simsiloveusimsiloveu Posts: 17 Member
    It is sad that Parenthood hasn't been put in base game update, but released as a game pack...:(
    In my opinion, each one owning Sims 4 base game only should have interaction among their sim toddlers and parents because Sims 4 truly is a game more like real life than before.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ya I so need a Parenthood game pack like I need a hole in My head, why on earth would they come up with something like that, when there is so many other things not even in the game yet ! , My Sims can already be parents, they do not need another pack to still be parents in My opinion, I will not be happy with Sims 4 Until I get back stuff that I actually use in My Gothic type game play, I will pass on this pack, I want My Werewolves and the other Supernatural's, not some whiney Teen throwing a tantrum cause his mommy won't buy him something in My game thanks, that is how I feel bout this so called new Parenthood pack, though I am happy for those who did want it, I rather have My Gothic stuff.

P.S. I am also wondering if I am the only one who feels this way bout that pack, but if I am oh well.

I think the sims 4 did need it. Why, because they did such a terrible job with kids and teens not the mention newborns which are still terrible.

Even now we have not had a full generations but instead just parenting. And they still need things.

Yes we needs so much already still and would welcome werewolf's, zombies or a magic pack.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    As a big family player, I thought this would be the pack for me, but honestly, I seriously wish I could disable virtually every interaction in it & just use it as a stuff pack. It's made all the adults obsessed with the dollhouses & kids' network, to the point that I've actually removed the dollhouses & TVs from several of my lots just to get them to do something else, and the open spaces & community lots are literally covered in spatter paint from all the kids "making messes", and the kids are endlessly setting the table, using placemats that don't even fit the household decor, and only picking up about half of them when it's time to clean up. If it wasn't for the great stuff it came with, I would have uninstalled this pack & demanded my money back long ago. I'm not a modder, but this may be the one pack that finally makes me break down & start using them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Ya I so need a Parenthood game pack like I need a hole in My head, why on earth would they come up with something like that, when there is so many other things not even in the game yet ! , My Sims can already be parents, they do not need another pack to still be parents in My opinion, I will not be happy with Sims 4 Until I get back stuff that I actually use in My Gothic type game play, I will pass on this pack, I want My Werewolves and the other Supernatural's, not some whiney Teen throwing a tantrum cause his mommy won't buy him something in My game thanks, that is how I feel bout this so called new Parenthood pack, though I am happy for those who did want it, I rather have My Gothic stuff.

P.S. I am also wondering if I am the only one who feels this way bout that pack, but if I am oh well.

I think the sims 4 did need it. Why, because they did such a terrible job with kids and teens not the mention newborns which are still terrible.

Even now we have not had a full generations but instead just parenting. And they still need things.

Yes we needs so much already still and would welcome werewolf's, zombies or a magic pack.

Thank you I agree with this message, :)
    ldmarko wrote: »
    As a big family player, I thought this would be the pack for me, but honestly, I seriously wish I could disable virtually every interaction in it & just use it as a stuff pack. It's made all the adults obsessed with the dollhouses & kids' network, to the point that I've actually removed the dollhouses & TVs from several of my lots just to get them to do something else, and the open spaces & community lots are literally covered in spatter paint from all the kids "making messes", and the kids are endlessly setting the table, using placemats that don't even fit the household decor, and only picking up about half of them when it's time to clean up. If it wasn't for the great stuff it came with, I would have uninstalled this pack & demanded my money back long ago. I'm not a modder, but this may be the one pack that finally makes me break down & start using them.

I agree, only problem is I can not use CC nor Mods in My game or it will crash big time, even had 4 EA Techs try to help Me fix it, and no it was not My computer at all, it was the game itself, I had to take out of the gallery All My CC creations when the game first started, I had made a lot of creations with CC back then, but now I only use NCC creations in My game, :(
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I played with toddlers for the first time since its release and I was laughing at those poor creatures. They seem drunk when they walk! Not sure how I'm liking this so far.
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    I played with toddlers for the first time since its release and I was laughing at those poor creatures. They seem drunk when they walk! Not sure how I'm liking this so far.

I am a Gothic type player and I think those Toddler's are adorable, yup I said it, they are funny to watch sometimes aye, :)
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I play with a normal lifespan and I'm still wondering if it's something I would actually get anything out. It's hard enough to get one aspiration completed with a normal childhood, let alone having to worry about more stuff...

Opinions?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I play with a normal lifespan and I'm still wondering if it's something I would actually get anything out. It's hard enough to get one aspiration completed with a normal childhood, let alone having to worry about more stuff...

Opinions?

Well, in my experience, it's the parents who really have their hands full. Kids and teens might have weird phases, but they don't otherwise interfere with their aspirations or activities. It's the parents' job to reinforce and discourage certain behaviors.

Also, maxing out responsibility is super easy. You just need to have your kids do their homework everyday, which makes sense IRL too I guess. This one doesn't require supervision from the parents, but it does help them finish quicker.

You can also try volunteering to increase their empathy, which takes them to a rabbithole for several hours, but it's something you can do if your kids have extra time.

Also, some character values are built into everyday activities. I've mentioned homework, and there are also chores that kids can help with. So if your kids already help with the chores, they'll gain values without any extra time spent.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Yup kids do their homework and chores and the rest of the time they can play and do what they want basically to help level up, I just make sure they do what is needed , I do not over do it with the kids, and eventually they get to where they need to be, :) .
  • azureowlazureowl Posts: 19 Member
    Can we parent other Sims' children? My Sims' child schoolfriend visited and he was misbehaving, making a mess all over my house but my Sim parent wasn't available and I was so annoyed by him. I wondered if an adult can stop the kid and lecture misbehaving children.
  • azureowlazureowl Posts: 19 Member
    I can't edit my comment, also 2nd question: Where is the "Wind down" with music option? I used to have it a few months back and can't find it anymore and my Sim kids and teen need it. Thanks! :)
  • sadsimmer112sadsimmer112 Posts: 3 New Member
    helloo!! since i can't open a new thread because i am a new account, please help me here!!!! i have parenthood, the game shows that i have it, i also have the clothing, furniture etc the new parenting skill and toddlers, children and teens have the manners section or so, but nothing is different in the children's or adult's behavior!! like the kids don't have new options to make a mess or anything and they also won't gain any manners, nor negative or positive, they just remain the same :( parents can't dicipline or anyhting, the gameplay is just like in the base game. am i actually so stupid or what is going on? i am so sad, please help me, i have never experienced something like this
    helloo!! since i can't open a new thread because i am a new account, please help me here!!!! i have parenthood, the game shows that i have it, i also have the clothing, furniture etc the new parenting skill and toddlers, children and teens have the manners section or so, but nothing is different in the children's or adult's behavior!! like the kids don't have new options to make a mess or anything and they also won't gain any manners, nor negative or positive, they just remain the same :( parents can't dicipline or anyhting, the gameplay is just like in the base game. am i actually so stupid or what is going on? i am so sad, please help me, i have never experienced something like this

I am sorry to say but I am not the one to give advice bout this pack, due to the fact that I do not play The Sims 4 much and have not bothered to do hardly anything with the kids in this game, so I hope someone else will see your message and help you out, again so sorry.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Hi @sadsimmer -- first of all, do you use any mods or CC? If you do, try pulling your mod folder out and see if you still have issues; you may have some outdated mods/CC that needs to be replaced. Second, try repairing the game (go to the Origin client, right click on the game icon and choose Repair from the drop down menu that comes up. If you still have issues after the game repair, I'm tagging @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin to see if they can shed some light on the issue/suggest other remedies.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Thank you stilljustme2 for your help with sadsimmer's problem, much appreciated.