Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Parenthood Giveaway (Closed - winners announced) :)

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Hey everyone :) So, last time a new pack came out (the Bowling SP), I was so lucky to win it a giveaway organised by @simgirl1010 and it was actually at a time that I really needed it for varying reasons. Which is why I decided at that time that, if things had turned around a bit for me, I'd be doing a giveaway of my own. And what better time to do so than with this Family GP which I and so many others around here had been waiting for for such a very, very, veeeeeeeeeeeery long time! :)

Therefore, I'm giving away one copy two copies of the Family GP! To win it, share something about your family play. Anything, really. Why it's important to you, who your favorite sim family is, screenshots that capture the "family spirit", a funny story, I don't know, whatever you want! :) You have time until Sunday 28/05 midnight CEST (or Central European Summer Time).

Good luck!!!!!!! <3
Post edited by SimTrippy on

Comments

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hey everyone :) So, last time a new pack came out (the Bowling SP), I was so lucky to win it a giveaway organised by @simgirl1010 and it was actually at a time that I really needed it for varying reasons. Which is why I decided at that time that, if things had turned around a bit for me, I'd be doing a giveaway of my own. And what better time to do so than with this Family GP which I and so many others around here had been waiting for for such a very, very, veeeeeeeeeeeery long time! :)

Therefore, I'm giving away one copy of the Family GP! To win it, share something about your family play. Anything, really. Why it's important to you, who your favorite sim family is, screenshots that capture the "family spirit", a funny story, I don't know, whatever you want! :) You have time until Sunday 28/05 midnight CEST (or Central European Summer Time).

Good luck!!!!!!! <3

here is my family play. granted i set it up this way to where i cant age my family. but basically i have 2 adults who had 4 kids. all female 3 of them are young adults and 1 of them is a child. now one of the young adults is married and had a kid of their own. originally i had them all living together but now that i discovered apparemtnets i moved my family to them. now i have the 2 single sisters living on their own. the parents with the kid living next door to the the 2 girls and the 3rd young adult sister living with her husband and kid in another appartment. and its important to me because well as strange as this sounds the family slightly reminds me of my friends and what their family is a bit like right now. granted its a bit more complicated then that what i did but i could only make 8 sims in create a sim and there are differences clearly but yeah :) that is my story with my family that i play and why they are important to me :)
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    This is so kind of you to do this giveaway & I am glad things have got better for you! :smile:

My favourite sim family is the 'Leon' family (you can find their family tree in my signature). I have been playing this family since I got TS4 at Xmas 2015 and I love them! I play each member of the family & their family then rotate through on a cycle of 7 days with ageing on for the active family. I cannot wait for this GP as the family play really needs fleshing out & the pack will be perfect for my gameplay style.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    My current family is based off of Esmeralda from Disney's Hunchback of Norte Dame. She's the founder, and my current avatar. Although she's been dead for awhile now, her legacy lives on. The planned to be heir is her great-great granddaughter Mira. She's an only child, although her parents have been thinking about having another (she doesn't know). Her name came from her grandmother Mila Munch. I tend to base names off of parents. Phoebe (Phoebus), Belle (Bella Goth), and now Mira. I'm planning on marrying her to Caleb Vatore, but she's a teen, so she has a while to go. He's a vampire, so I won't have to worry about home dying(I play with aging on. Otherwise my sims would never get aged :lol:)

Thanks for the giveaway!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for doing a giveaway! (Edited to add 6th gen family picture)

Over the last year, I created my favorite lineage ever, The Brewster's; now six generations long, from Brewster, to Steel, to Flex. I didn't catch a lot of photos of the first two generations but, here's a couple of the 3rd on:

This is Olivia Brewster, the 3rd gen heir and her brothers:
    Olivia%20Nate%20and%20Devon_zpslfo7jntq.png
    She married Jesse Steel:
    01-30-17_120206nbspAM_zpsqaouazxa.png
    They had three kids, Andromeda (drk blue), Callisto, and Leo Steel (named by their astronaut mom):
    The%20Steel%20Family%20Jesse%20Olivia%20Andromeda%20Callisto%20Leo_zpsfi0j3fvx.png
    Screen%20Shot%202017-01-21%20at%2011.01.25%20PM_zpsbsfrklej.png
    Screen%20Shot%202017-01-29%20at%201.08.05%20PM_zpss2onocjc.png
    Andromeda fell in love with Dewayne Flex in high school and they had children together. But, Dewayne turned out to be a heartbreaker (I mean, he flirted with her mom on a camping trip right in front of her, what a plum-hole), and cheated on her with a neighbor, leaving her to bring up their children, essentially, alone. Thankfully, her family was very supportive:
    02-05-17_114410nbspPM_zpstmkkv5nx.png
    (Callisto had a surprise baby, Ada. Thanks MCCC lol)
    Steel%20Family%20Takes%20San%20Myshuno%202_zpsob9dww9v.png
    Steel-Flex%20Family%20Photo_zpsio4ox6xj.png
    But, Andromeda found love again with Akshara Acharya who has raised the boys as her own. Dewayne recently reestablished contact with the family:
    FlexAcharya%20Family%20Photo_zpswq3xfud2.png
    Now, Stelio Flex has grown up and married his own HS sweetheart, but he made a promise to himself, and his wife Gia, not to hurt her the way his father hurt his mom:
    Stelio%20and%20Gia%20Elope_zpse1steclm.png
    2%20Gia%20amp%20Stelios%20Pregnancy%20Photo%20Shoot_zpsxcorsbr5.png
    Stelio and Gia just had twins!
    Gia%20In%20Labor%205_zpshiuoe6qn.png
    3%20Gia%20amp%20Stelios%20Twin%20Birth%20Announcment_zps4w21zlrx.png
    Screen%20Shot%202017-05-18%20at%202.41.15%20AM_zpsqjznd4ri.png
    (btw I made the pose above! My first one; note little Santi giving the Fairy Tail salute :blush: )

They aren't perfect, but no one can say they haven't loved the heck outta each other.
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Your families all sound great so far! :)
  • raelcaspraelcasp Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm currently in the process of setting up a legacy simblr! So far I have my founder who, with some help from her family, bought a cozy little house in Willow Creek. On her second day living by herself, she hooked up with the neighbor and ended up pregnant. She decided to live as a single mother for a few years before finally meeting her soulmate at the park where she took her daughter every morning. He also had a daughter around the same age as her daughter so things worked out perfectly! Since then, they've moved in together, had twin boys (who are now adorable little toddlers), and have gotten engaged. I'm currently in the process of planning their wedding and can't wait to see how it plays out!
    I couldn't quite figure out how to add photos to this so I can't add screenshots of them but they are very pretty sims.
    I would love to add more family gameplay to this legacy challenge. Thank you so much for having a giveaway and providing a chance to enjoy these extra features to those who cannot afford to buy the game pack on their own. Again, I cannot thank you enough. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    My favourite family right now is the Jung-Zimmerman family. It's a lesbian couple with four daughters. Two of them were conceived via a donor (or so I'd like to imagine) and two were adopted. I love all the kids and am having lots of fun with this family as I try to keep them all friends with each other and find things they can do together. All the girls are children now, the two oldest very close to being teens, so I won't be playing with them until the Parenthood GP comes out because I really want to see what the new parenting system is like and, of course, I want some of the character values for the children too.

Here are the moms:

1qeZxCp.png

The two oldest daughters (the blonde-haired one is adopted):

y9vObpl.png

The two youngest daughters (the red-haired one is adopted):

TdpAfad.png

Since it was the Asian mom who got pregnant both times I tried to find kids for adoption who looked more like the other mom and personally I'm very pleased with the result. I like how diverse the family is. I've been playing mostly interracial families for a few years now because I think they're cute and I really like seeing how their genetics mix. And, of course, most of my families consist of lesbian couples since I'm a lesbian myself and like to see myself represented in the game in some way.
  • MaconDanielleMaconDanielle Posts: 5 New Member
    My favorite sim family has to be The Fullers, consisting of Jane and Ezra Fuller and their six children, Luke and Chris (who are twins), Raina, Roxy, Ava Jane, and Cory. I don't think I've ever played a household for this long honestly and I think it's cause I love these sims so much. Here's some screenshots of this loving family
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you so much for the opportunity!
    My current and main family comes all the way from TS2. Although back they had a different last name, I believe. Nevertheless, the members were all the same. They are a spooky family (inspired by the Addams family). They have gone through TS2, TS3 and are now in TS4.
    I actually had another TS4 save file with them, but I restarted my game few months ago, because of two reasons:
    1) My old computer broke (thankfully I had saved the old save file, so I did not loose the sims).
    2) The children were originally teens (both in other games and in my old TS4 save file), but when I bought TS4, teens weren't really interesting (basically adults with school), so I aged them up. When my PC crashed, it had been around a month or two since GT had come out and I had bought it. I figured club system would be great for teens (it really is), so that was another reason. I am glad I did it, because since then toddlers have come out and the new Parenthood GP is coming, which will flesh teens out even more and I will be able to truly enjoy the life stage. (For both this family and several other main characters that are connected to the family).
    The family consists of four(soon to be five) people.
    2vhvhxk.png
    The father is Mike Lionelli. He is a simple sim and probably the most normal-ish member of the family. He is lazy, clumsy, but he also loves his work. Ever since TS2, he has been working in buisness career and has been the main income for the family.Throughout the games, his name has changed (I aways picked a different name, because I forgot the last one), but his look never changed. He was always a normal sim (as in human), but with my TS4 file, I figured I would give him a hidden alien heritage (which he later finds out).
    14o0lue.png
    The mother is Mary Lionelli. Through the several games and their save files, her name changed between Mary and Maria. In TS4 I settled for Mary. (Actually, I bought Vintage Glamour SP just because of this haircut, because it resembles the one she originally had in TS2) She is a sim that loves her family and is a stay-at-home mom. She takes care of the house while Mike is at work and the kids are at school. She actually enjoys being a housewife, because she loves cooking, gardening and has lots of free time,which is exactly why, throughout my save files, she has surprised my expectations and become quite an interesting sim (I orginally created the family for the children and both parents were supposed to be the background, but they evolved with time- etspecially Mary). Her life state has differed throughout the games. In TS2, I set out to make her a plantsim. I don't think I actually managed to do it (it was hard and I do not like to use cheats in my games). In TS3, she was a witch that was quite passionate about her alchemy (I miss that skill). Once, she, by accident, set her daughter on fire and killed her (thank god for the option to load). TS4 and it's content has provided Mary with new hobbies and has given her the chance to return to her roots. She enjoys herbalism (have not started that skill yet though), baking and gourmet cooking. As was the plan in my old save file, I would like Mary to eventually open her own restaurant. The recent plantsim challenge has also given Mary the oportunity to become a plantsim again (which is why I hope that the devs flesh them out more). She has also joined the Good Timers and is good friends with Mila Munich. She is yet to befriend Bella Goth, since they were good friends in my last save.
    4gnswz.png
    The son is Jack Lionelli (his name never changed). When I restarted my TS4 save file, Jack was the only sim I was unpleased with. I did not like the way he looked and I did not explore his character, so I tweaked him in order to get the appearance I desired. So now, he looks like this:
    opuu9.png
    Jack is the "IT" guy. Like a typical jock, he enjoys sports. He is the perfect combination for school royalty- popularity, charisma and actual athlete talent. He can be quite mean at times (I went for the original jock cliche when I originally created him in TS2). He also has a hobby of heartbreaking. Jack is a serial romantic and would often have multiple girlfriends, not caring if he breaks their heart. (He will find the one tho-
    or she will force him to find her with a voodoo doll- an arch from the last save file) He and his sister have always been polar opposites, which have lead to conflicts- this is something I did not originally do in TS4, so now I am happy to do it ( I think they should not get along as teens). His life state has always been a werewolf. But since TS4 doe snot have them yet, I have the chance to create a storyline for this. He has created a club called "Top of the Pyramid", which consists of the most popular teens in school. He also enjoys playing a guitar.
    ekg39e.png
    The daughter is called October Lionelli (her name never changed). This little rebel has always been my main sim and her toddler form is my profile pic. She is the black sheep of the family- a loner, goth, creative and a little insane. As I mentioned before, she and Jack are polar opposites- his girlfriends don't help the situation either. She usually has an attitude towards them too and often kicks them out of the house. October's main aspirations have always (in all games) been writing, and painting. She loves books and literature. In fact, her painting has proven quite useful and gives a decent income to the family. She is an introvert and has a tight circle of very few friends. October's life state has always been vampire- she would sneak out of her house to downtown clubs and meet with other vampires. In fact, sneaking out is kinda what made her into a vampire in TS2. This transition did not sit well with her mother, as she had a strong dislike for the bloodsuckers. As with all of the family members, TS4 has provided a lot of things for October too- she has created a club called "Utopians", that is exclusive to her closest friends (as of now, only 2). They gather in the Windenburg (which I love) library to read, write and paint. In my last sim file, adult October pursued Science career. This proved to be so much fun that I will probably do it when they grow up in this file. This career went well with her insane trait, so she became a mad scientist that went around freezing her collegues and her rival (the voodoo girlfriend I mentioned before). Eventually, October cloned herself, creating an evil clone. She kinda screwed herself over there, because the clone (Mariana) was out for her blood and basically did everything to ruin her life, starting from teaming up with her rival, to kidnapping her love interest and killing him in a torture basement. All of this will probably happen in this file too, but I don't want them to age up just yet- not with the Gp coming out. I have yet to get the Vampire GP so that I could make her into a vamp.
    Then there always a third child (or triplets as it happened in my last TS4 file). He is always a boy that usually resembles Mike. In TS3 he was a fairy, but his life state has always been a child-ghost. How or why he dies has changed every game, but his spirit haunts the family nevertheless.
    As you can see, this post is long as a tree. But these sims have come a long way with me and have become close, which is why family play is so important to me- I have played mostly this family, so my game focuses primarily on family play and supernaturals.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited May 2017
    That´s a nice gesture of you, giving back what you received. I´d like to participate.

I play rotational with the same save since release. I currently have 20 played households and am in the fourth generation. I play different kinds of family and my favourite part is to see how the all the siblings interact in different ways.

Its hard to explain what this playstyle means to me, so I thought I´d just share some screenshots of how I play.

I don´t play with poses so these were all just taken during actual gameplay. But I´m a bit obsessed with making mods to enhance my family game play even further (like away actions for toddlers, an interaction to share death news with others who didn´t witness the death, ..., I´m sharing my mods at this (German) forum:
    http://www.simforum.de/showpost.php?p=4760754&postcount=97
    I´m currently preparing a mod to make pimples appear during gameplay instead of it just being a CAS asset.

I´m looking forward to having my gameplay enhanced with the new family pack.

ga1.jpg
    ga2.jpg
    ga3.jpg
    ga4.jpg
    ga5.jpg
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @83bienchen oh thx for sharing your mods with us too, I'll have a look at them!

I will read everyone's post in more detail later but I love how loyal some of you've been to your families from previous iterations! :D
    Thanks for your reply, @SimTrippy, I´ve added English translations of the mod descriptions so that you can check them out without having to translate too much.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Haha thx @83bienchen ! :) Although I actually speak German at home too :D
    edited May 2017
    I had no idea. :blush: Well, it might be useful for someone else ...
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    @83bienchen It was very helpful for me as I only know about ten or so German words. Thanks for sharing!
    btw (and I don't want to derail the thread too much) Does your lot traits mod happen to cover the floating "imaginary" images that toddlers get while playing? Really need something for that.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I had now idea. :blush: Well, it might be useful for someone else ...

Absolutely! :)
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    Does your lot traits mod happen to cover the floating "imaginary" images that toddlers get while playing? Really need something for that.

Sorry, it doesn´t do that. I didn´t mingle with animations yet. You might want to ask jmem, who did the no sparkle mod for the toddler play interaction over at Sims4Studio (http://sims4studio.com/thread/8542/jmem0s-studio). I´m fairly sure the process must be similar.

@83bienchen Thanks, I'll look into that
    Current Play:
    See the Tree
  • MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    I like playing with nontraditional families as much as traditional. Sometimes I have the kids raised by grandma or an older sister rather than their parents etc. It's important to me because no matter what my Sims end up in some type if family. I've never had a sim who just parties all night or just focuses on their career and I've been playing since sims 1. For me the game has always been about building families. I hope this game pack adds what I've been missing this generation. My most recent project is making the pleasantview families. I'm going to wait until the pack comes out to continue that one though.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited May 2017
    Dang, Sims 4 community, back at it again with the Parenthood giveaways! Wowzers! Thank you for the opportunity <3

Family is very important to me when playing the sims and I feel this pack will make me love TS4 even more <3 My favorite family is my Kilov family. I was only able to go up to two gens before my hard drive busted on me. My Kilov family was my very first family that I didn't play cookie cutter style. By cookie cutter style, I mean "perfect" and "traditional" families. My Kilov sims got engaged very quickly and were very happy and content in their little home.
    C21Nf7iWEAMpsl_.jpg:large
    They also had a beautiful daughter named, Nikola.
    nikola11.png
    They were happy until Nila (the woman) cheated on Matvei (the man). He was super jealous and as a result, the romance bar turned entirely red, so they broke up. There was super hard feelings and they constantly fought.
    matvei10.jpg
    They had to sleep in separate beds and weren't financially stable enough to split up. However, they put their differences aside for their child Nikola and were very good parents towards her!
    matvei11.jpg
    They both pursued other sims romantically; both had more than one partner but Nila had multiple partners (she was pursuing the serial romantic aspiration!). Feelings started returning for one another and they became romantic again, however, they didn't want any strings attached and continued having side sims. Without my knowing, they became "enemies with benefits"! Even if both were "feeling [very] flirty" and so on, if one continually tried to be super intimate, the other would deny their advances (which I couldn't figure out why for the longest until I checked their relationship). Matvei wouldn't be Nila's boyfriend again no matter what.
    7ca70b21a2605aad8ba5b4141b0cef31.jpg
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    So, Nila being Nila, she one day decided to be romantic with one of her side sims right in front of Matvei on his day off from work - the sim she cheated on him with in the first place! - and Matvei didn't take it well!
    enemie11.jpg
    Soon after, Matvei impregnated Nila once again with child #2 and they soon rekindled their romance and became boyfriend and girlfriend again. They both cut off their other romantic connections with others and decided to become serious for good. Matvei surprised Nila when he proposed to her. She happily accepted it and they were planning a shotgun wedding!
    03-14-11.jpg
    03-14-12.jpg

Sorry, had to add a second reply because my whole story wouldn't fit in the above comment >.<
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    First of all, thank you so much for this chance!!! Second of all, I bought Sims 4 back in December and I'm currently on the 3rd gen of my original "Huntington" family and some of them have already had children (all toddlers and babies at the moment), so I'm hoping the parenthood pack makes it even more fun/interesting when it comes time to develop the fourth generation of my family. Also, my favorite part of family play is that it really helps you explore different dynamics/relationships other than the romantic ones. I think Sims 4 lacked some real familial interactions, so this game pack will help a lot!!!!

A funny story I have is when the Huntington grandparents (2nd generation) and their children were all at the park, having a little picnic. The older son, Eliot was in the company of his wife Chloe and their toddler together, named Nina. I turned away from my laptop for a moment and then looked back, the whole family was in COMPLETE shock because lil' Nina had ripped off her clothes and was running around completely naked! This was back when toddlers were first patched in, so it was an adorably funny new quirk.

I'd love to include some pics, but unfortunately as a #newbie I don't have those privileges yet. Thank you again. :)
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you so much for your generosity!

I just started a new game a few weeks ago with a hot, single YA named Clara. She moved to San Myshuno and found she didn't care much for the party scene so she quickly found a boyfriend and settled down with him in a 2-bedroom apartment. Unfortunately for her, she didn't realize he hated kids until she was already pregnant, and he walked out on her. Now, she's attempting to hold down a job as an R.N. at a local hospital, searching for a husband, and trying to raise her toddler, Gracelyn, all by herself. Spoiler alert: she has no idea what she's doing. A little parenting skill would go a long way in making sure that little Gracie doesn't grow up into a total wreck!

Unfortunately it's not letting me share pictures right now, not sure why. When I figure that out, I'll add some :)
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I've been playing with my first sims 4 family for a little less than a year (I received the Sims 4 after my wisdom teeth surgery last August). Right now the second generation daughter Callie, now a young adult, moved in with her boyfriend and are thinking of their future (marriage, children, etc.) Her boyfriend, Joe, does not have a job and wants to raise many children in his lifetime, while Callie works hard at a business corporation. She knows Joe will be a good father and feels ready to take a bit of time off of work to focus on her future family. Her parents are not so happy. She's an only child so you'd think she wouldn't have high standards but unfortunately that's not her case.

She began working the beginning of her adulthood at a video game company but her parents pressured her into the corporation-a job she hates. She knows her parents will be upset if she took time off to get married and start a family. It's a tough decision, but Callie knows family life is just as important as her job. Besides what will Joe do until then? Callie isn't that messy so he can't really clean up. He needs some tough two year olds to occupy his time with.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    My current family consists of a single mom and her two adopted kids, one toddler boy, and a child aged girl. I always like to start with a single female sim and have them work on their career first before they have kids, but toddlers had just come out and I had to try them, so I had her adopt a little girl (who is now a child), and then a boy after I realized I still wanted a toddler running around the apartment.

One of my favorite families is actually a multigenerational one. When Get to Work came out, I created three sisters (two humans, one alien) to try out each of the new careers. Along the way, one of them got married and currently has two kids. However, when the sister and her husband married (which was in the backyard), I never moved them out, so they and their two kids still live with the wife's sisters, all coexisting happily. The wife even has friends over sometimes:

12-13-15_11-30-06nbspPM_zpsyys4hcgw.png

Her two sisters aren't so lucky in love. The doctor can't seem to find anyone and the one person I tried to set her up with continuously rejected her advances. The third sister had the same problem. She's trying to date one of the doctor's coworkers, but it's not going well. Hopefully, they'll have better luck soon because I'd like them all to have kids and so they can raise them together in the same house.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner