Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebellious trait in Family GP?

So in sims 3 when generations was released it came with the trait "rebellious" which was one of my favorite traits to give to my sim. And in the sims 4 family game pack announcement blog I noticed they described some teenagers as being a little rebellious so I'm really hoping that trait is packed in with the new game pack. Or that we get new playable traits that we can add from cas. That would make my day, because sometimes I get bored of using the same traits

Comments

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'd like to have rebellious teens, but more as a skill than a trait. And it would be fun if it had consequences in adulthood too, in relationships, at work with the supervisor... Maybe a boost in mischief skill too ? New pranks ?
  • NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    I know it's not implemented, but teens being able to crawl out the window would be great :-((
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    They said on the blog that there are values traits that sims will acquire based on how they're brought up by their parents. So I assume that does mean a child/teen can be rebellious if they're not taught to conduct themselves well and the opposite if they're taught not to curse, burp, etc. I'm really excited for this feature, but I'm not sure if that actually equates to a new rebellious trait. It sounds like it will be unlocked like Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hound versus available in CAS. :smile:
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    They said on the blog that there are values traits that sims will acquire based on how they're brought up by their parents. So I assume that does mean a child/teen can be rebellious if they're not taught to conduct themselves well and the opposite if they're taught not to curse, burp, etc. I'm really excited for this feature, but I'm not sure if that actually equates to a new rebellious trait. It sounds like it will be unlocked like Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hound versus available in CAS. :smile:

Our teen sims can curse? I love that oh my god :lol: I can't wait to see the animations for that
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Kandy wrote: »

Our teen sims can curse? I love that oh my god :lol: I can't wait to see the animations for that
    Well, I have seen sims stomp and a few expletive symbols appear around their head. :lol: They did show a teen apparently cursing in simlish while doing his homework in the trailer. I'm eager to see their parents' facial expressions when they drop the equivalent of a simlish f bomb in front of them. :joy:
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member

Yes apparently when they curse they get this red star shaped thought bubble above their head :D
    I wonder what these words will sound like in game hehe
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member

Well, I have seen sims stomp and a few expletive symbols appear around their head. :lol: They did show a teen apparently cursing in simlish while doing his homework in the trailer. I'm eager to see their parents' facial expressions when they drop the equivalent of a simlish f bomb in front of them. :joy:

Yes apparently when they curse they get this red star shaped thought bubble above their head :D
    I wonder what these words will sound like in game hehe

Honestly that alone is enough to get me to buy this pack haha. That sounds absolutely hilarious!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We don't know that they can curse. We do know they can think a curse. The teen has a thought bubble, not a conversation bubble.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    there is a say forbidden word interaction
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Oooooo! That sounds fun. Too bad there won't be a "wash their mouth out with soap" option.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Oooooo! That sounds fun. Too bad there won't be a "wash their mouth out with soap" option.

It would be funny if the tots repeated but than again the rating of the game.

who knows maybe there will
    Briana2425 wrote: »

It would be funny if the tots repeated but than again the rating of the game.

I'm sure the sims have there own bad words not ours
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    I dont think there will be a rebellious trait as the parenting system affects all sims so its likely that rebellious will be a moodlet for all younger sims.
    I just hope there wont be to many moodlets that just buff something, like parents telling children to do homework children get a buff for homework and unrealistic stuff like this.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Yes please!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Wonder if that can be carried over to adulthood?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SuzanneK72SuzanneK72 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm SO looking forward to this pack! Come quickly 5/30!
  • Golden_Simmer27Golden_Simmer27 Posts: 16 New Member
    I think it is super cool that you can teach you children to set the table. Also the projects look so fun. So happy the sims team are finally adding some more family dynamics. SOO EXCITED
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Rebellious could also be a character value trait if you raise your child too strict -- they rebel against all authority whether it's yours or their boss'.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    How many value trait slots are there? That would be fun if you get more than one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    I wish they would share the new traits! The permanent traits, I mean, not phases. There are some, right? Or maybe these phases are the only traits we get?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    applehart wrote: »
    I wish they would share the new traits! The permanent traits, I mean, not phases. There are some, right? Or maybe these phases are the only traits we get?

There are 10 new Character Values traits that can be earned via parenting during childhood & teens. A Sim aging up to YA might end up with anywhere from 0 to 5 of those traits depending on how good or bad their childhood and teen character values were. They're explained here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-parenthood-character-values
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    Thanks, @luthienrising ! Somehow I thought we had other traits, too, that you could add to your sims from CAS. But these are great and I like that they are "earned." Does anyone know about lot traits?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    applehart wrote: »
    Thanks, @luthienrising ! Somehow I thought we had other traits, too, that you could add to your sims from CAS. But these are great and I like that they are "earned." Does anyone know about lot traits?
    Pretty sure I heard no new lot traits.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    There won't be a rebellious trait, but there will be a rebellious phase which teenagers can go through. Phases act as temporary traits and are random. In the rebellious phase the teen will argue with their parents more often, swear, and procrastinate when doing homework.