Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think POLICE are being added in the next patch?

I do believe we will see a return in the police as someone asked.

@SimGuruNinja the new GP looks amazing!! I don't know if you can respond but I'll try: will our sims be able to set curfew for their kids?

He responde with Yup!

Maybe with the new curfews it will be similar to the sims 2 were if a sim sneaked out the police brought them back.

what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just hope we as parents/Older sibling/Guardian Can set the Curfew per child, instead of it being default multi World Curfew.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I do wonder how it will be enforced If I'm playing a teen and decided to stay out past curfew? Maybe the parents will ground them whenever you decide to bring them home, but I'd love to see the return of cops and them running around trying to keep things in order.

Also agreeing with @MasonGamer definitely needs to be per child.
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    That's what I was wondering, as well. I mean, we technically have the police career, but it would be neat to have police active in other aspects of the game as well. I think it would actually be really cool if the police took your teen sim back to the station, and the parents had to come and pick them up, but I'm not sure if that's feasible.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They might just get in trouble/scolded/punished if the parents catch them but it would be a nice surprise. I'm not counting on it but would be happy for them as NPC's.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Probably not since we got GTW as police

This. Also, because the curfews this time are parent-set, so it would make sense that they're parent-enforced, not police-enforced.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member

This. Also, because the curfews this time are parent-set, so it would make sense that they're parent-enforced, not police-enforced.

Yep. Makes sense!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Doubtful
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I mean if we get burglars, the police could just be NPCs but with GTW they could use the sims from the job..? I dunno
    Just trying to be hopeful
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    id love to have police back but I don't think they'll be in the next patch though.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    If we do get curfews and police, then I hope we can actually evade/defeat them this time. By which I mean that they won't instantly know in which corner of the world your Sim is sitting at any time. I want my teenage Sims to have curfews, but also have the ability to just not care and hide somewhere.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I mean if we get burglars, the police could just be NPCs but with GTW they could use the sims from the job..? I dunno
    Just trying to be hopeful

Yeah I was thinking the same wouldn't it be cool to like arrest the burglar or see your Sim working for the police department to come to your house and arrest the burglar?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I just hope we as parents/Older sibling/Guardian Can set the Curfew per child, instead of it being default multi World Curfew.

I wonder if it's a lot trait?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I just hope we as parents/Older sibling/Guardian Can set the Curfew per child, instead of it being default multi World Curfew.

I think it's actually a "Bulletin board" and you can "Set the house rules" there.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    > @MasonGamer said:

I think it's actually a "Bulletin board" and you can "Set the house rules" there.

Oh, cool!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    If there is no police how will the curfew be enforced anyhow. And i'm also wondering...where would a teen even want to sneak out to? A cafe, a ramen stand? eh.
  • Options
    Anduar wrote: »
    If there is no police how will the curfew be enforced anyhow. And i'm also wondering...where would a teen even want to sneak out to? A cafe, a ramen stand? eh.

Nightclubs. Bars. Teen Hangouts. There might be house rules for teens not being allowed at these places?
  • Options

The sketchy herbalist, the shady vampire
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Probably not as the curfews are set by the parents and not by the police.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Cafe is one place -- if you've got Bowling Stuff you can send your teens to the bowling alley. Or maybe to the house of a friend whose parents don't have many rules, that one friend who your parents hate because he/she is just too wild and nothing but trouble.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    > @Cinebar said:

> Nightclubs. Bars. Teen Hangouts. There might be house rules for teens not being allowed at these places?

Teen hangouts? Are they adding teen only places with the GP? That was sorely needed. I hated my teen being invited to parties and a bunch of elders and his stepmother showing up...
    I dunno what teen wants to go to the cafe at 10pm but good on them, lol.
    I don't have bowling stuff but since community lots are 24/7 I could see how that'd work.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    > @Cinebar said:

> Nightclubs. Bars. Teen Hangouts. There might be house rules for teens not being allowed at these places?

Teen hangouts? Are they adding teen only places with the GP? That was sorely needed. I hated my teen being invited to parties and a bunch of elders and his stepmother showing up...

@Anduar A Teen Hangout Lot Trait was added in a couple of patches ago
  • Options
    > @SparklePlumley said:
    > Anduar wrote: »
    >
    > > @Cinebar said:
    >
    > > Nightclubs. Bars. Teen Hangouts. There might be house rules for teens not being allowed at these places?
    >
    > Teen hangouts? Are they adding teen only places with the GP? That was sorely needed. I hated my teen being invited to parties and a bunch of elders and his stepmother showing up...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Anduar A Teen Hangout Lot Trait was added in a couple of patches ago

Thanks! I ended up googling it cause i hadn't heard any info about it! I was all excited.
    But it just makes teens more likely to walk past the lot but doesn't stop other age groups from going in so...that's...not really want I was hoping for, lol. Ah well.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    By the way, this is confirmed to be in the pack:

Curfews for teenagers. They have times that can be set (so you could make it forbidden to leave the house for anything but school, or just have no curfew at all).
    And yes, they CAN break it. Which will result in some grounding just as it was in Sims 3.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would love the police to come back! I miss all of the NPC's from previous games like firefighter, repo man and police. I would imagine tho that if a teen breaks curfew the parents will just tell them off when they get caught /come home.