Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Castaway Playstation

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
Anyone still playing this? I dug it out again last week and am trying to marry two sims at the moment. If I remember correctly you have to put them in wedding garb beforehand. Google search revealed that the items in question are called Aloha wedding lei and Aloha wedding beanie and that one needs hibiscus to make them, but what are the prequesites to unlock the plans? I have like 2 or 3 hat/jewelry plans each, none of them saying "Aloha" or "Wedding".

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Update: The marriage outfits unlock after discovering the Llama peole's pleasance. There's also more than enough hibiscus growing there to fashion the items right away. So that's the good news.

The bad news is that my loverbird sims did something behind my back while I was playing another sim and their relationship dropped to 0 :o
    (I think the higher the relationship is, the more likely the sims are to choose the risky socializing options and if those fail their relationships plummets). However, the hopeful husband didn't want to call off the wedding, so he just asked his second best friend.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    You should post this in the Sims 2 General Discussion board, you might get more responses there. This board is for The Sims (aka The Sims 1) discussions.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    So what section would one put a game that is neither the original sims nor Sims 2, 3 or 4?

Castaway for Playstation is different from the same-named PC version which was released as part of the Sims stories series. The PC version was based on Sims 2, that's true. Console Castaway to the contrary still uses the Sims 1 mechanic, i.e. sims have only motives, no wants, fears or aspirations. There are no relationships beyond marriage, either. The only Sims 2-ish element is the elaborate clothing and personal effects section.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2017
    I remember the first time I got a couple married in that game, I was very disappointed there was not much I could have for the couple do together. And also how fast they could totally destroy their relationship with either other.