Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashion career in gp 5?

So, as everyone knows , last week they announced a sims mobile game where mostly everything is ripped from our game. While looking through the stuff I saw the fashion career that was asked about in a survey awhile ago and thought maybe they are going be adding it into our games soon?
tumblr_olqn0cpp021v09x7bo1_1280.png

Maybe in the new gp?
214.png
215.png

Comments

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I'm going to say NO. The new GP is going to focus on parenting and family activities.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• RainbowColor1204RainbowColor1204 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm going to say NO. The new GP is going to focus on parenting and family activities.

What if I say please?
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I think the sewing machine could maybe, just maybe make it to the new GP, but a fashion career would feel very out of place in GP5.

Also, since Pets are most likely going to be the next EP, that also sorta debunks it.

My bet is either GP6, or even a Fashion SP with the fashion career being the main selling point :p
    That would actually be a really cool concept for a SP.

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's entirely possible that they could add both careers in the mobile game into ours. I like to think of it as a testing place for stuff we want where they can see what works and figure out the bugs. Then, we can get them more complete and fleshed out.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I'm gonna agree with what everyone else has said, a fashion career will most likely not be in the new GP. It just doesn't fit, IMO. A teacher career? Maybe, that's the only career I can think of at this moment, off the top of my head, with the little we know about GP 5, that would make sense.
    Not in this GP, it's about parenting. But it could come later in another type of pack.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Considering how they seem to be reusing assets from TS4 on the mobile app I wouldn't be surprised if that sewing machine and the fashion career showed up in a future GP. I doubt it will be in this one though.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    We might get it in the future (I hope) but if wouldn't make any sense in the upcoming GP as it's about parenting and family gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a sewing machine and fashion career in the game! I just don't think it'll be now. It would be fun as a separate GP in the future though or as part of an EP or something.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would love to see the sewing machine make a come back along with the pottery wheel.
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    I agree with everyone that it won't be in the upcoming pack, but I do have a feeling we'll get it soon. :) From what I've seen its something a lot of people want and I think the fact they added it to the mobile game is a good sign
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I'd like to see this as a stuff pack.
  • treefrosttreefrost Posts: 15 Member
    I know that there is a mod out there for a fashion career that is pretty cool!
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Considering how they seem to be reusing assets from TS4 on the mobile app I wouldn't be surprised if that sewing machine and the fashion career showed up in a future GP. I doubt it will be in this one though.

This is what I was thinking, too. I know they are completely different teams, but they reused everything else.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    A little off topic: Anyone know how well that mobile app is doing? I am a little concerned Sims 5 may end up that way.

On topic: If they add something like that, I wouldn't mind as long as it is fleshed out. I would love to be able to host pop up stores to sell my one of a kind item, truly set up the entire fashion show with the models I want and each outfit to be shown, love the idea of the modeling career with the option to work a show instead of going to a rabbithole on certain days of the week.

I sort of wish they would have added hairstylist to the pack as well.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It wouldnt really fit with the parenting theme. I hope for it in the future though. Sounds cool.
  • goodcakebaker62goodcakebaker62 Posts: 35 Member
    I would love it to buy this GP. Please add Modeling Career with skills.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I don't think it'll be included with the GP since it's focus is parenting/family since a fashion career wouldn't blend cohesively with the pack's theme. But I would love to see that career added via another EP or GP. :)
    I think it's possible the fashion career could be in this pack. I know it's a parenting GP and there are a lot of interactions that have been added to develop family relationships. There is also a lot of "buy" stuff that is in this pack, but all of this makes me wonder if there isn't something else we don't know about because I don't think what we've seen will take up a whole GP. Plus, look at the clothes. They have a crafted feel to them like maybe a stay at home parent did them at home while watching the kids. So, it's possible. The question is, is it probable.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I saw nothing that points to a fashion related career in Parenthood. But I would like to see the modeling career make a return to the game. Modeling hasn't been in the game since what, Sims 1 or 2? And that's a long time. I guess that one can say that the age of Sims 1 and 2 are now the age of antiquities as far as the The Sims goes.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    My bet is either GP6, or even a Fashion SP with the fashion career being the main selling point :p
    That would actually be a really cool concept for a SP.
    I'm gonna agree with this. It would be a cool concept for a SP.

Or maybe they're going to have a GP that some people have been asking for, with a bit of a fame theme, including models, along with actors and music industry types.

Given the popularity of shows like project runway, next top model and drag race, how could they not include something fashion/modeling themed?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    Did you guys notice that sims can joke about fasion? It seems it may be coming soon as jokes about vampires also were present before it was released. :smile:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2017
    determig wrote: »
    Did you guys notice that sims can joke about fasion? It seems it may be coming soon as jokes about vampires also were present before it was released. :smile:
    Oh yeah, in fact I have some of my sims joke about fashion nearly on a regular bases. That has been in the base game since it's release. :)
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    > @sunman502 said:
    > determig wrote: »
    >
    > Did you guys notice that sims can joke about fasion? It seems it may be coming soon as jokes about vampires also were present before it was released. :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh yeah, in fact I have some of my sims joke about fashion nearly on a regular bases. That has been in the base game since it's release. :)

True. Sometimes it feels like a hint and other times just something they just went with. I noticed yesterday that the billboards from City Living also have a few fashion swatches. I guess I want this kind of GP so bad that I notice fashion-related stuff more than usual. :smiley:
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I would love a fashion career, but I think we would know by now if they added it.
    21mbz47.jpg