Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Project] Green roofs for San Myshuno

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
Hi,

I'm looking for ideas or creations to put at the last floor of buildings based on "Green Roof" theme.

Can you help me please ?

01gree10.jpg

Comments

• Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    See if you can fit any of the pre-existing parks on a penthouse lot, and build on that.
    I built a spa/gym on a penthouse slot with a strong urban theme to it and rather like the look. Brick walls, graffiti, and concrete are good themes. Steel beams, as well.
    I don't remember if the Urbz (Sims console game for PS2) had anything rooftop venues, but it might be worth googling Sims Urbz screenshots for ideas.
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I think you can set the penthouse lots to parks and such, it would be great to do a rooftop park
    FFCOojX.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    @Samsonguy9000

I can't put a park from the Gallery because the game remove all the plants.

You could try to use small plants? Personally, I didn't have a problem with plants and trees for my sims' penthouse. It could be a glitch or something that caused the game to delete the plants.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    Or maybe you could try to look into "outdoor" or "yard" and not lots that are categorized under "park"?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    @Samsonguy9000

Maybe because lots categorized as park can't be on rooftops, thus, the game deletes them.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    The library in my city has a sort of... Japanese garden roof top theme going on? You could do pebble paths, small shrubs, maybe a water feature and the Bonzai trees as an activity for one of the buildings? Throw in some park benches & chess tables and I think it could look quite nice. An alternative could be a colourful flower garden?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Samsonguy9000

Even the build/buy trees and shrubs? Odd. I've put trees on a rooftop residential lot before with no problem.

Oh. Do you have bb.moveobjects on when you place? A lot of Sims landscapers use it when they're building.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Try reclassifying the lot to Spa or the like before placing it on a Penthouse lot. That might help you. Like was said, it might be a thing where the game just wants to be stubborn and not have actual outdoor lots on a building. Plenty of ways to circumvent that.