Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2017
    sorry, I know this isn't meant for speculation but this item caught my attention in the trailer. Is it new? I don't recognize it
    ok so the image isn't loading, here's the link http://oi65.tinypic.com/2hh1ye9.jpg
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    @rinre33 The coffee maker? It's been around in the game for a minute
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    @rinre33 The coffee maker? It's been around in the game for a minute
    Ah my bad, I tend not to use those types of objects so thought it might have been a juicer or something
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I always put a coffee maker in my builds and that one is my favorite so use it a lot.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Is there any new woohoo spots?

*prays for a shower woohoo*
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    How will this affect random townies ?
    those townies that were not "raised"
    will we have randomly generated "rebellious" or "compassionate" townies ?
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2017
    ^^ Where's @Cinderellimouse ? She's been dragging that naughty box around for months.

Aww, there should have been a naughty box in this pack! :D

59JpAi.gif

• Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Really too bad that I just now got the vampires, vintage glamour, and bowling cause now there's no money left to get this parenting pack and it looks EPIC. There'll likely be at least two more stuff/game/expansion packs out before I get a chance to buy this one, but still looking forward to it!
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    can teens still runaway? and have they made it where ya's can now move out on there own? well without cheating that is
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    bag lunch answers! (Good morning, @SimGuruNinja !)
    Okay, here's the scoop on sacked lunches...

-You can pack pretty much any prepared food into a sack lunch
    -You can select a few quick sack lunches from the fridge (if you don't want to spend the time cooking an actual meal)
    -You can premake sack lunches and pack them in the fridge to grab on the way out to school/work/whatever
    -Kids & Teens will eat them at school (if their hunger motive is low enough)
    -Adults can take lunches to work and will eat them (if their hunger motive is low enough)
    from here

This sounds so awesome!

And the new trailer makes me even more excited for this pack! Is it may 30th yet!? :#

• Options
    pastelcyberpunkpastelcyberpunk Posts: 16 New Member
    > @bluelighting said:
    > can teens still runaway? and have they made it where ya's can now move out on there own? well without cheating that is

They already can, go into Edit Town and select "Split Up Household", and you can move as many or as few sims out as you like.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    yeah I didn't like the last part of that one. rt now I noticed when raising a toddler it doesn't seem long before the tot hates there parents, I haven't been able to change that no matter how I go bout raising them. i hope they've changed that part.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Really too bad that I just now got the vampires, vintage glamour, and bowling cause now there's no money left to get this parenting pack and it looks EPIC. There'll likely be at least two more stuff/game/expansion packs out before I get a chance to buy this one, but still looking forward to it!

There are several give aways from kind simmers that you could enter. Good luck.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    yeah I didn't like the last part of that one. rt now I noticed when raising a toddler it doesn't seem long before the tot hates there parents, I haven't been able to change that no matter how I go bout raising them. i hope they've changed that part.

Easiest and most reliable way to have the toddler get along with Mom and Dad is to have the toddler ask them for actions.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »
    How will this affect random townies ?
    those townies that were not "raised"
    will we have randomly generated "rebellious" or "compassionate" townies ?

Based on dev responses, I don't believe so. You'll be able to use cheats to give those traits to unplayed characters but they won't randomly generate.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017

What sort of interactions are you having with your toddler? I've never had a problem getting high relationships with any of my toddlers, even the fussy ones. The play interaction generates positive points, dancing with them does too, so does playing with them at the dollhouse, teaching them blocks and flash cards....the most reliable is to just chat with them repeatedly and also the snuggle interaction. The only time I see negative points are hugging them when they don't want it, scolding them, and when they are angry or have low needs that make them mad and they hit or yell at the parent. The last one can easily be limited by doing the calm down interaction or satisfying their low need or just putting them to bed if they are simply angry and needs are fine. Frankly, I'm looking forward to them making toddlers more difficult to raise because right now it's too easy.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    *waits to see if she'll get in trouble for listening in on that*

You're so grounded!
    6utcFGK.png

no leaving the home = no school? also does music equal all music (including instruments) or just listening to music on the radio?
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I do think that school is exempted. That would be plum if it didn't.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    *waits to see if she'll get in trouble for listening in on that*

You're so grounded!
    6utcFGK.png

no leaving the home = no school? also does music equal all music (including instruments) or just listening to music on the radio?

How many can I pick? :D I know the first one will be No phone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I do think that school is exempted. That would be plum if it didn't.

hopefully we don't have the same problem as Sims 3
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2017
    New video about the pack's furniture on twitter

Sorry wrong link, here it is
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I was so busy with patch things I didn't even think to look! Thanks :) (Link update included!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I was so busy with patch things I didn't even think to look! Thanks :)

Haha you're welcome! :D (take the 2nd link though this one's wrong!)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Sorry wrong link, here it is

YES! The TS2 Vibes are real. So nice.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Aaaaaand @SimGuruDrake just grounded me from sharing more screenshots.
    Hmmm, maybe it's just for a day though?

I always outsmarted my mom when she grounded me from the computer I would watch tv all day and when she grounded me from the TV I would play the computer all day, and when I was grounded from both I went to use the school computer that was open after school, I told my you only grounded me from my computer. I bet there will be alot more Sims at the library now.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top