Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can the sims interact in realtime?

If you're playing at the same time as a friend, can you both take your sims to the same place and have them interact with each other and both players see the same thing at the same time? Not like Sims Social where you could take your sim to meet other players sims but the other sim would be controlled like an NPC and the other player just finds out afterwards.

Comments

• CETanakoCETanako Posts: 7 New Member
    It's exactly like Sims Social where you would just play with your friends sims and they get to view what relationship they're having with them. Nothing here is live where you interact at the same time the only thing that I would consider is when they throw a party and you guys talk through the chat but that's all about it.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ok so when there is a party and you're chatting to a fellow player in chat, can your friend control her sim at the party at the same time you are controlling your sim at the same party?
    No I doubt it because I check up on parties from different times and almost everyone's sim is there interacting with each other. The chat I believe is jus tthere for when you guys are actually on at the same time or if you want to leave them a message that they can view later on whenever they decide to go online.
    Oh well this is another one I won't be bothering with then. I still miss TSO :(
  • RocsaiRocsai Posts: 47 Member
    Well that's not what I saw. You can host or go to a party and people in there are online in real time. You can chat or interact with them. There are activities that make the party lvl up. But I guess you can just go in there and chat like in TSO. About energy, it can be a problem yea. But I saw when you reach a certain level, you can buy a bed that gives you lots of energy in ONE minute :open_mouth:
    Yes, it tends to be live in real time the chat but how you interact with other sims isn't live. I just threw another party yesterday and all of my friends has been interacting with each other 24/7. There is just no possibility that the random times that I was on they were ALL on too.
    edited May 2017
    CETanako wrote: »
    Yes, it tends to be live in real time the chat but how you interact with other sims isn't live. I just threw another party yesterday and all of my friends has been interacting with each other 24/7. There is just no possibility that the random times that I was on they were ALL on too.

You mean the sims with the blue plumbob? Because, parties are filled with NPC and potentially other real players if they join.
    Well if the chat is live, it means players are playing at the same time, seeing the same things moving. Otherwise you would talk about for example an activity like a hobby you are doing but some other real players don't see what your sim is doing. So if they are commenting what they see in game, you wouldn't know what they are chatting about. It's very confusing. I'm confused. lol

Other than parties, I saw you can invite sims of other players that are not online to lvl up your life goal reguarding a social need, for example having a bestfriend. At that point, it's obvious the player of the invited sim is not online.

Well I guess I'll see when the game comes out
    @Kiwicantdie maybe you have the answer?
    Post edited by Rocsai on
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I thought playing with friends irl was one of the main characteristics? You can get into relationships with your friends Sims and such.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

You could on Sims Social too, but the friend wasn't controlling their sim at the time - in each scene only one sim was being controlled and all the others, including your friends sims, were acting as NPCs - ie their players could only find out afterwards, it didn't happen on their screens.
    IngeJones wrote: »
    You could on Sims Social too, but the friend wasn't controlling their sim at the time - in each scene only one sim was being controlled and all the others, including your friends sims, were acting as NPCs - ie their players could only find out afterwards, it didn't happen on their screens.

Yea that's right. I guess its not completely the same for TSM. At least there is the party chat which is sure it's in real time. Note sure for the party gameplay though. when the game tells 'someone joined the party' it would mean he/she's joining just at the moment. But if you pause the game, everything is paused, even players... so idk. Just my observations on gameplay videos
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Question: if I like a friends Sim, and say I want to marry her and make her playable in my household, do I "steal" her from my friend? Or just create a copy?
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    Question: if I like a friends Sim, and say I want to marry her and make her playable in my household, do I "steal" her from my friend? Or just create a copy?

You steal her, she won't exist in her game anymore, but she does have an option to decline the offer
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    > @BlackandWhiteBunny said:
    > Ellie_Dear_1 wrote: »
    >
    > Question: if I like a friends Sim, and say I want to marry her and make her playable in my household, do I "steal" her from my friend? Or just create a copy?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You steal her, she won't exist in her game anymore, but she does have an option to decline the offer

Oh, gotcha. I won't do that then, thank you.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Even at parties the other players character is doing there own thing not player controlled etc.
    You're right, guys. Sims are not controlled by players at parties.
    If you watch the trailer, you think it's real multiplayer.. but no
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Rocsai wrote: »
    You're right, guys. Sims are not controlled by players at parties.
    If you watch the trailer, you think it's real multiplayer.. but no
    MMO games usually don't require both players to be online at the same time. So it is only natural that the other players sims are controlled like NPCs.

In my war games you usually can even attack another player unless this player is offline because otherwise he could want to build something while he was attacked. The problem is the same with Sims games. So the other player's sims at our parties are most likely just NPC copies of the the other player's real sims.
    Some MMO games do require the players to be on at the same time. In those games, if the player isn't online, their character is not available to interact with nor can be seen in the game. TSO was like that, and also ATITD etc. I think Minecraft too.
  • paradisebunny69paradisebunny69 Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh, really? I thought it's real multiplayer! :'(
    But why it can't be it? Can't EA create an online world?
  • adamlevineadamlevine Posts: 14 New Member
    When you play you workers know their relationships are