Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How easy are mods to install for sims 3?

2...Next

Comments

• BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I am looking for advice. I was thinking of getting world adventures but wasn't sure if I had do anything with my mods when I install it. I have nraas story progression and mastercontroller.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    I am looking for advice. I was thinking of getting world adventures but wasn't sure if I had do anything with my mods when I install it. I have nraas story progression and mastercontroller.
    It is a best practice to remove the mods folder entirely before installing a new EP and then put it back when finished. In fact, even better (safer) would be pulling the entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to the desktop, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one upon the first launch with the new EP to run a quick test game (not necessarily to be saved) just to verify that it's working. Then, as before, put the old one back in place.

The current versions of all NRaas mods are compatible with all EPs.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thanks for the advice.
    Hi, I now know you need to remove mods if you install expansion packs but what do you do if you install content and worlds from the sims 3 store. I have only just started using mods and don't want to mess things up.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    Hi, I now know you need to remove mods if you install expansion packs but what do you do if you install content and worlds from the sims 3 store. I have only just started using mods and don't want to mess things up.
    There are no steps that need to be taken when installing worlds or other kinds of content. It's only EP installs and patch updates that require special care, and if on 1.67/69 there probably aren't going to be any more patch updates coming.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thank you.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Its super easy. I'm extraordinarily useless when it comes to technological things and computers and even I managed to install Overwatch and ErrorTrap with no problem.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • AsunaSama10AsunaSama10 Posts: 30 New Member
    Hiiii <3
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Hiiii <3

Please stop spamming. When you reply to post it should add to the conversation not be a random comment.
  • RubyPlaysSimsRubyPlaysSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Fairly easy yes. I am no way a technical minded person and I have lots of mods. I always thought you have to be good with computers and stuff but you don't. If you go to the Nraas Site there are instructions on how to install mods. They are relatively simple to understand for dummies like us