Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest ... Did you play 'The Sims Online'

GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
So, be honest. Did you play 'The Sims Online'.

I did. I sure made my fair share of pizza. I lived in a mechanical library, helping to run it. I eventually moved to a piano house to help run ... till I had a falling out with the owner and got kicked out. I had enough money to buy my own place and made my own mechanical library for others to study in.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Cool! I wish I could've played, but I was way too young when it was around, and it had long since closed I think before I was even interested in it.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    There were worlds. You only had a first name. No last name. Only one name per world, so no duplicates. It was based of Sims 1 skills, so mechanical, logic, charisma, creativity, body ... you could lock one skill at lvl 10 and it would not decay, the rest would decay after time. Certain abilities were unlocked at certain levels ... like body could powerslam another sim.

If other sims came to your lot to study or work on a skill, you made money by how long people were there ... or make pizza for cash, but you needed four sims to do it.

You had your sim, pretty much based of of Sims1 looking sims, so select head, select body type, select skin tone. You could have up to four or five seperate looks and that was all you could ever have ....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I did there was a whole lot of canning going on for a little while there... Actually if you had a few friends to run around with it was fun for awhile. It was interesting to see what people made there too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I did not. I've only played the main entries in the series. That would be The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Nope, the sims, the sims 2, the sims 3, the sims 4 , URBz and sims medieval but not sims online.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I played! I loved it too. When my two childhood best friends would come over we'd play TSO for hours. I let them both have a character slot that they could play when they came over and we'd take turns. I mostly had my Sim work in the restaurant as a waitress to make money, it was my favorite job lol.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I didn't play it, but I would have, had I had internet back then.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I did. For about a year and a half. Helped run a skill house (Blazing Falls, I think it was), we did cooking mostly, then later moved on to creativity. Playing hostess was a blast! Exhausting, tho, with full house most of the day, but very fun :) Didn't do any of the jobs, or work money objects much, although I tried pizza with some friends once of twice. Always thought it was boring! :)

I did play the last few hours of TSO. It was really quite sad. Played when EALand came too, but most of my friends had stopped playing, so a lot of the fun was gone for me, really.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I wish I had but I did not know about Sims until somewhere around 2008.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    I only got to watch my mom play it :D But it did look like fun!
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Only shortly when it was renamed EA Land. Think I'd have loved it if it was sold worldwide instead of a North America(n) exclusive.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited May 2017
    No I only played Sims 1 at the time, but now that FREESO exists, I get on that since my TS1 games stopped working.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I would've been about 4 at the time, so no :p I was playing ts1 then (and naming the sims gibberish letter names) but no nothing online for me back then :p
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited June 2017
    I played it for one week when I was visiting my sister otherwise I couldn't afford internet back in those days or the subscription. I pretty much couldn't afford anything but the bare necessities of life and only barely those.

To be honest though I thought it was kind of dull. It was hard to find venues with a lot sims and when you did nothing really happened. Skilling was tedious because it took forever and then you'd loose your level after a day or so for reason I can't remember why.

Only one funny thing happened the entire time. I was jamming with a lot of sims. One girl sim walked up to a guy asked him if he wanted to make out, he turned her down, and I guess the player of the girl walked away and the she just stood there until she wet herself. I guess that made it worth it, sort of.
  • MattActorGordonMattActorGordon Posts: 2 New Member
    I never got to play it myself! As a kid I thought you had to be from a rich family to pay a monthly subscription and have a super fast internet connection just for a game haha
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I am so sad I never got to play it, I have played The Sims (1), The Sims on PS2, The Sims Bustin' Out! on PS2, The Urbz on PS2, The Sims 2, The Sims 2 on PS2, The Sims 2 Pets on PS2, The Sims Castaway on PS 2, The Sims stories, The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval, The Sims 3 on PS3 and therefore gave the Sims 4 a chance as well. But never online :(
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    I never got the chance! I always loved the idea though, would have loved to give it a try.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Sadly I didn't know it existed until it was too late, wish I could have given it a try
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2017
    I tried EA-Land a few minutes and a few days later the servers were shutdown.

You didn't try FreeSO (The Sims Online revival ) ?

http://freeso.org/

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I played it until my free trial ran out and then never touched it again. When I was packing up my house a few months ago I found the disc and nearly died laughing. I thought it was one of the many disc's I had turned into a Christmas ornament years ago...lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I remember a few people being really into it at the time but I don't think they ever released it over here so I never got to try it myself.
    iscQh5U.png
  • link4566link4566 Posts: 59 Member
    Never played it, but I own it hahaha. I always begged my parents for it when I was a kid but they never gave in. I wanted it so bad XD I found the original box a few months ago at a thrift store and decided to add it to my collection of sims games (even though I obviously can't play it). I guess I finally got my wish regardless though ;)
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    I played that game for almost its entire run. I hate to say this but I paid for multiple accounts. I'm still sad that its gone.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    i wanted to, when i was younger but my parents said no due to it having a subscription service.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top