Friday Highlights for June 22nd are here! Head over here to check them out!
JUNE 19 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC Patch notes here.

Well that debunks that then.

«1
jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,341 Member


A lot of Simmers saw The Sims Mobile trailer and *assumed* mobile players were getting everything The Sims 4 has for free upfront (such as objects, CAS, gameplay)
it turns out that;

1) There's maybe 1/6 of the base game content in there (pushing it) with maybe 1 - 5 objects from each pack.

2) Unless you want to play for what looks like weeks, items like Double Beds can't even be bought without SimCash, and it's taken SimsVIP 4 days and she's got 49 SimCash dollars. So unless you have the patience of a saint, most will either not play, or buy cash.

3) There were FOUR gameplay items from DLC.
(Game Console, Yoga Mat, Drink Fountain & Dance Floor).
That's it.



There were a lot of people acting like The Sims Mobile players get the entirety of The Sims 4 at their fingertips, for free, if they worked for it.

At this point, we're lucky if The Sims Mobile makes up 1/10th of the base game :joy:
It's literally a tiny game (200MB).

I think it's safe to say, anyone who thought EA would allow $400 worth of gameplay to be played for free, if you had the patience, might have given EA too much credit.

At this point, it's practically a glorified demo, giving people a taste of the Sims 4 base game, and an even tinier taste of it's DLC.


My Top 5 Sims Games:
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 4
3. The Sims 3 (would be higher if it worked properly)
4. The Sims 1
5. The Sims Medieval

xyIcMqt.png

Comments

  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 7,486 Member
    I think the mobile game is going to do well in it's on right but the producers may be hoping that some who get a taste of the gameplay might want to check out the full experience with Sims 4 on PC.


  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    It's just a soft launch, and I do believe the game will feature many updates like Freeplay did.

    Summer is just around the corner so they might end up launching the game world wide alongside a swimming pools update.

    But it really is barebones at the moment.
  • S100HeadacheS100Headache Posts: 2,463 Member
    It's just a soft launch, and I do believe the game will feature many updates like Freeplay did.
    Yeah, and then you have thousands of dollars (or months of timers) worth of content once the mobile game is mature.
    EA single-handedly ruined plums for me.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,376 Member
    edited May 2017
    Double beds can be paid with normal coins , only takes a few days to level up to unlock em. Though it does seem my main sim will be dead in time to use it. Aging is very aggressive in game and are force to pay for youth potions to keep then Alive.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 28,284 Member
    I don't care one way or the other. It's not a game I would ever play. But you guys have fun.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.


  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,061 Member
    That's what I tried to say multiple times, but apparently people here love too much the "they ported payed assets into a free game, OUTRAGE!" deal.

    Been playing it for a while now, to see how it works out, and it's so limited that it doesn't come close to 1/100 of TS4 base game.
    Two married sims can't even sleep in a double bed, and in order to get that bed first... well... let's just say that I think a lot of simmers are going to lose interest before even having the chance to unlock that ONE bed.

    It feels like a nice base/starter point for a mobile game, nothing more.
    tumblr_nud3pkKnyg1tizu4so2_500.gif
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,061 Member
    I think the mobile game is going to do well in it's on right but the producers may be hoping that some who get a taste of the gameplay might want to check out the full experience with Sims 4 on PC.

    Same feeling :)
    To be honest, I was waiting for the day that EA launched a decent looking/updated sims mobile game. And I have the feeling that it's going to help bringing in new players. Maybe not millions, but a few more.
    tumblr_nud3pkKnyg1tizu4so2_500.gif
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    That's what I tried to say multiple times, but apparently people here love too much the "they ported payed assets into a free game, OUTRAGE!" deal.
    Yes, it just shows that a lot of people care more about stuff than about gameplay - and this is probably also the reason why EA now makes many more SPs for TS4 than EPs.

    I will try the Sims Mobile when it comes to my country. But I am not optimistic because I was never a legacy player and I actually don't like to kill my sims at all.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    That's what I tried to say multiple times, but apparently people here love too much the "they ported payed assets into a free game, OUTRAGE!" deal.
    Yes, it just shows that a lot of people care more about stuff than about gameplay - and this is probably also the reason why EA now makes many more SPs for TS4 than EPs.

    I will try the Sims Mobile when it comes to my country. But I am not optimistic because I was never a legacy player and I actually don't like to kill my sims at all.

    (At least there's a tiny little bit of gameplay in SP...)

    I don't know if you'll be happy with The Sims Mobile, considered that sims age super fast. 1 day for babies, 1 day toddlers, 2 days kids, (yup, no teens at the moment) 4 days young adults, 4 days adults and I don't know about the elders since I'll find out tomorrow, when my sims turn into elders for the first time (I guess 4 days for them too, anyway). Sims are playable only once they become young adults, you can only interact with babies, toddlers and children, though this might chance once the game is released or with future updates.
    The game at the moment feels super limited, I guess it'll take many updates and tweaks to make it more fun.
    It's not bad at all, feels like a nice starter point from which they can expand in a lot of fun ways (for a mobile game), but yeah... it's really limited and repetive at the moment. And you can kiss your sims goodbye 'cause they age in the blink of an eye (... usually, I play legacies on long life span). The generations run very fast, I'm about to start the third one since the game soft launched.
    tumblr_nud3pkKnyg1tizu4so2_500.gif
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    That's what I tried to say multiple times, but apparently people here love too much the "they ported payed assets into a free game, OUTRAGE!" deal.
    Yes, it just shows that a lot of people care more about stuff than about gameplay - and this is probably also the reason why EA now makes many more SPs for TS4 than EPs.

    I will try the Sims Mobile when it comes to my country. But I am not optimistic because I was never a legacy player and I actually don't like to kill my sims at all.

    (At least there's a tiny little bit of gameplay in SP...)

    I don't know if you'll be happy with The Sims Mobile, considered that sims age super fast. 1 day for babies, 1 day toddlers, 2 days kids, (yup, no teens at the moment) 4 days young adults, 4 days adults and I don't know about the elders since I'll find out tomorrow, when my sims turn into elders for the first time (I guess 4 days for them too, anyway). Sims are playable only once they become young adults, you can only interact with babies, toddlers and children, though this might chance once the game is released or with future updates.
    The game at the moment feels super limited, I guess it'll take many updates and tweaks to make it more fun.
    It's not bad at all, feels like a nice starter point from which they can expand in a lot of fun ways (for a mobile game), but yeah... it's really limited and repetive at the moment. And you can kiss your sims goodbye 'cause they age in the blink of an eye (... usually, I play legacies on long life span). The generations run very fast, I'm about to start the third one since the game soft launched.
    As I just wrote elsewhere I think that the currently fast aging is caused by the fact that at the moment the game is only on test in Brazil and EA therefore likely want you to advance fast such that you can test more parts of the game for the developers. I therefore expect them to slow the aging down quite a bit in the final release version of the game - which alas most likely are months away (because there have always been several months between the first limited release and the official launch for the many other games which until now have used soft launch).
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,728 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    As I just wrote elsewhere I think that the currently fast aging is caused by the fact that at the moment the game is only on test in Brazil and EA therefore likely want you to advance fast such that you can test more parts of the game for the developers. I therefore expect them to slow the aging down quite a bit in the final release version of the game - which alas most likely are months away (because there have always been several months between the first limited release and the official launch for the many other games which until now have used soft launch).

    I hope that is the case, if it is I might give it a try. The thought of putting a lot of work into one sim only to have them aged to death in a few short days coupled with the hurry hurry hurry get a mate, get popping out the next gen before you're in dentures, adult sim diapers and a walker exhausts me just thinking about it.

  • SHYZBSHYZB Posts: 3 New Member
    I disagree (but could be wrong). The fast aging seems to be an intentional game design decision; as evidenced by the fact that clicking a child sim on your family tree gives you the free option to /speed up/ the aging process to Young Adulthood. You also will have the option to early retire a sim, but only after you retire a sim for the first time naturally.

    A sim can fill their lifetime happiness meter, but can't complete it. So I can only assume that the game is designed around a gameplay loop of creating a sim, filling their happiness before they retire, and repeat. And so, they offer the ability to age and retire sooner, if desired, if you complete it sooner. And for that purpose, their lifespan is really overly long if anything. A max lifetime happiness meter can be completed in one day.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    It is very easy for them to change things such as the speed of the game and I am sure that many things will be changed before the official release. In reality they are just testing the game right now and if we compare with other games which were soft launched then most likely the official release won't happen before autumn 2017. So we can guess all we want. But we shouldn't judge the game just as it is now with the official release most likely many months away when we know that many things are likely to be changed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 28,284 Member
    @Erpe, I'm going to disagree and bet you are wrong about changing the time etc. This game is built to nudge you into spending more money within those first four days. That is why it's structured that way. So a player would want to spend money on skipping sleep etc. before their Sim dies within that first four days and they get more accomplished. That's the way legacy works. Even in player made up legacy games you are given strict rules and this game takes it's influence from that...don't want to waste time sleeping? hurry along, hurry up time is running out....four days to get married/have kids and start that legacy...spend some money. It's a heavy micro-transactional game on purpose. There's no money profit if they ease up on all that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.


  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Erpe, I'm going to disagree and bet you are wrong about changing the time etc. This game is built to nudge you into spending more money within those first four days. That is why it's structured that way. So a player would want to spend money on skipping sleep etc. before their Sim dies within that first four days and they get more accomplished. That's the way legacy works. Even in player made up legacy games you are given strict rules and this game takes it's influence from that...don't want to waste time sleeping? hurry along, hurry up time is running out....four days to get married/have kids and start that legacy...spend some money. It's a heavy micro-transactional game on purpose. There's no money profit if they ease up on all that.
    You don't seem to have played f2p games before as far as I understand?

    Anyway the idea in f2p games isn't to force us to choose between not playing or paying. I have played a lot of those games and even so I have never tried a game which couldn't be played unless I chose to pay. The reasons for this probably are:
    1. It could be seen as false advertising to call a game "free" if it couldn't be played without paying.
    2. They prefer to let us see all the ingame advertising even if we never buy anything.
    3. As long as we still play the game there still is a chance that we will buy something anyway at some time.

    So f2p games can always be played without paying and they don't ever want such a game to be so little user friendly that they lose us. But we should expect a lot of ingame advertising which also often is quite aggressive in such games. The trick therefore is to just ignore all that advertising and all those unnecessary but expensive offers which we get all the time while we are playing ;)
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    ^^ agreed with @Erpe. Been playing some of these games for over two years, still haven't paid a cent for a single one.
  • paradisebunny69paradisebunny69 Posts: 13 New Member
    Same. I played a lot games and all of them are for free, but I never paid a cent. Even if game clearly force me to grab a credit card - I don't do it. I can enjoy it without paying.
    If you don't have what you like, then you like what you have (:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 2,164 Member
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    The Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where you only play a couple of sims living in one house but get a lot of events where you have to do a lot of things within 5 minutes. You follow your sims to work too.

    The Sims Freeplay is a much slower game where you play a lot of sims and families living in many houses. The number of sims depends on your level. But at the top level (55) you have 34 sims. The tasks you give your sims can take a lot of time - even several hours. So this game requires much more patience then the Sims Mobile does. But the Sims Mobile is more time consuming and more of a game for impatient action players. Personally I prefer the Sims Freeplay. But this is a matter of taste.
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    The Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where you only play a couple of sims living in one house but get a lot of events where you have to do a lot of things within 5 minutes. You follow your sims to work too.

    But this hasn't been true for months now, events now last from 1 hour to 8 hours. You should at least try the latest version to not spread misinformation ;) It is definitely a different game from freeplay though, mostly about energy managing :)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    The Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where you only play a couple of sims living in one house but get a lot of events where you have to do a lot of things within 5 minutes. You follow your sims to work too.

    But this hasn't been true for months now, events now last from 1 hour to 8 hours. You should at least try the latest version to not spread misinformation ;) It is definitely a different game from freeplay though, mostly about energy managing :)
    I stopped playing it exactly because it got changed too much in the updates. In the beginning it was difficult to avoid unwanted aging. Then they made changes that got it more fast paced - and now you are telling me that they have later made other changes that change the game’s nature once more ;)

    I plan to try it again though. But I want to be able to evaluate the game and not just another preliminary version that won’t be like the final version anyway. Therefore I most likely will just wait now until the official release.
  • BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    I think I'm going to stick with The Sims Freeplay...
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 9
    Erpe wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    The Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where you only play a couple of sims living in one house but get a lot of events where you have to do a lot of things within 5 minutes. You follow your sims to work too.

    But this hasn't been true for months now, events now last from 1 hour to 8 hours. You should at least try the latest version to not spread misinformation ;) It is definitely a different game from freeplay though, mostly about energy managing :)
    I updated the game anyway. But even though I had an hour to finish a social event I still managed to finish it in about 3 minutes :)

    I did that by doing a lot of actions which each took only 5 or 10 seconds. Then I had to do other actions or start other events and the game still seems to be intended to be played this ways for hours without any real breaks (except for watching adds to increase rewards). So I found it stressing and I almost certainly will stay with the Sims Freeplay instead. I will just give the Sims Mobile a very last chance when the official version is released though. But it doesn’t seem to be a game for me at all. I need a much slower game and I need a game where I can make longtime strategic plans instead of this fast paced guided gameplay where we mostly have to just follow orders (even though we most of the time have about 3 similar actions to choose between).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 7,486 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    The Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where you only play a couple of sims living in one house but get a lot of events where you have to do a lot of things within 5 minutes. You follow your sims to work too.

    But this hasn't been true for months now, events now last from 1 hour to 8 hours. You should at least try the latest version to not spread misinformation ;) It is definitely a different game from freeplay though, mostly about energy managing :)

    I'm glad to hear this. I prefer the events that require more time to finish.


  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 10
    Erpe wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between this and Freeplay?
    The Sims Mobile is a fast paced game where you only play a couple of sims living in one house but get a lot of events where you have to do a lot of things within 5 minutes. You follow your sims to work too.

    But this hasn't been true for months now, events now last from 1 hour to 8 hours. You should at least try the latest version to not spread misinformation ;) It is definitely a different game from freeplay though, mostly about energy managing :)

    I'm glad to hear this. I prefer the events that require more time to finish.
    I do too. But it doesn’t really matter when the events still are about making a huge number of actions which each only takes 5 or 10 seconds. The Sims Mobile is alas still a fast paced game where we even are guided so much that it is neither a strategic game nor a sandbox game at all.

    I need to play the game more though to see if the longer events only are about letting us take some breaks from time to time like it seemed for the one hour event I tried but which still just was an event that easily could be solved in less than 5 minutes by doing a huge number of guided actions.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top