Ask Your Questions Here!

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,601 SimGuru
Hello everyone and Happy Friday (evening),

I hope you are well!

I wanted to start this thread to give you an opportunity to ask questions you have regarding this new entry into The Sims Franchise.

A few things before you post:
  • Please keep it to just questions, no lengthy comments or rants please!
  • Even if you see the same question asked by someone else please do ask it. It is important for us to see common themes with regards to what might be confusing you or where you'd like additional clarity.
  • I will not be answering the questions directly in here. I am compiling the questions so we can provide you with a more comprehensive FAQ. Keep in mind that there may be questions we might not be able to answer, yet, but that we will be keeping them in mind while we continue to take feedback and questions.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Simming!

Comments

  • phoebekayyphoebekayy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I've just downloaded the sims 4 on my mac and I also downloaded some custom content. It was working just fine when I had about three custom content items in my packages folder. Then i quit the game, and looked online for some more custom content. I got about six things and put them in my packages folder like normal. Then when I went into the game, the mods list didn't not show up. And also when I'm in CAS and I click "filter items" there isn't even a custom content section?! please help!
  • MelissaStarbeesMelissaStarbees Posts: 1,113 Member
    A few questions

    1) is it possible to get a release date for world wide?
    2) how many life states will there be in game?
    3) can you move sims out that you don't want them anymore in game?
    4) will there be adoption in the game for the ones that want to adopt? If so will it cost money like freetime did?
    5) can some things in the sims mobile be added to the sims 4? (A few of us would love to have the cooking and barista and fashion active jobs in mobile to be in the sims 4 to play)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 7,349 Member
    Thanks SimGuruDrake! <3

    1) I notice that The Sims Mobile only goes up to City Living, with content. Will there be a certain amount of time that The Sims Mobile players will have to wait to get content that's been introduced into The Sims 4?

    2) Will The Sims Mobile and The Sims 4 have any cross-platform gameplay access, or is The Sims Mobile designed to run independently from The Sims 4 (eg. will updates to The Sims Mobile go alongside The Sims 4 or will The Sims Mobile use The Sims 4 as it's base but head into it's own direction moving forward).

    :)
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,228 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Thanks SimGuruDrake! <3

    1) I notice that The Sims Mobile only goes up to City Living, with content. Will there be a certain amount of time that The Sims Mobile players will have to wait to get content that's been introduced into The Sims 4?

    2) Will The Sims Mobile and The Sims 4 have any cross-platform gameplay access, or is The Sims Mobile designed to run independently from The Sims 4 (eg. will updates to The Sims Mobile go alongside The Sims 4 or will The Sims Mobile use The Sims 4 as it's base but head into it's own direction moving forward).

    :)

    Exactly what I was going to ask! They probably can't talk about future content, but it'd be nice to know if TSM and TS4 are going to be intertwined, or if TSM just used content and meshes from 4 as a kind of jumpstart so they didn't have to start from scratch.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 4,417 Member
    I know that you probably can't give us the worldwide release date. But is it:
    1. Only days away?
    2. A few weeks away?
    3. Many months away?
    4. Or maybe even about a year or longer away?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 8,953 Member
    How many age stages are there in the game?
    Are all actions real time? eg. does it take 15 real minutes to have a shower?
    Is there a lot of free furniture and clothing included or is most of it payable?
    Is is ad free?
    Do you have to complete tasks or can you play as you like?
    How many sims can you control?
    Does it have weather?
    Is there a way to earn real cash in the game for buying things?
    Can you start the game with a whole family?
    Does it contain supernaturals?
    Is there a way to avoid multiplayer?
  • DjentleOneDjentleOne Posts: 20 New Member
    > @MelissaStarbees said:
    > A few questions
    >
    > 1) is it possible to get a release date for world wide?
    > 2) how many life states will there be in game?
    > 3) can you move sims out that you don't want them anymore in game?
    > 4) will there be adoption in the game for the ones that want to adopt? If so will it cost money like freetime did?
    > 5) can some things in the sims mobile be added to the sims 4? (A few of us would love to have the cooking and barista and fashion active jobs in mobile to be in the sims 4 to play)

    I only know one answer.. you can adopt through the computer. It costs 1k and you choose between baby, toddler and child. There's also a selection normally so you have a "pick of the litter" type of deal.
  • DjentleOneDjentleOne Posts: 20 New Member
    > @DjentleOne said:
    > > @MelissaStarbees said:
    > > A few questions
    > >
    > > 1) is it possible to get a release date for world wide?
    > > 2) how many life states will there be in game?
    > > 3) can you move sims out that you don't want them anymore in game?
    > > 4) will there be adoption in the game for the ones that want to adopt? If so will it cost money like freetime did?
    > > 5) can some things in the sims mobile be added to the sims 4? (A few of us would love to have the cooking and barista and fashion active jobs in mobile to be in the sims 4 to play)
    >
    > I only know one answer.. you can adopt through the computer. It costs 1k and you choose between baby, toddler and child. There's also a selection normally so you have a "pick of the litter" type of deal.

    (Sorry if this question wasn't in reference to Sims 4- maybe I misunderstood this discussion?)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 26,980 Member
    DjentleOne wrote: »
    > @DjentleOne said:
    > > @MelissaStarbees said:
    > > A few questions
    > >
    > > 1) is it possible to get a release date for world wide?
    > > 2) how many life states will there be in game?
    > > 3) can you move sims out that you don't want them anymore in game?
    > > 4) will there be adoption in the game for the ones that want to adopt? If so will it cost money like freetime did?
    > > 5) can some things in the sims mobile be added to the sims 4? (A few of us would love to have the cooking and barista and fashion active jobs in mobile to be in the sims 4 to play)
    >
    > I only know one answer.. you can adopt through the computer. It costs 1k and you choose between baby, toddler and child. There's also a selection normally so you have a "pick of the litter" type of deal.

    (Sorry if this question wasn't in reference to Sims 4- maybe I misunderstood this discussion?)

    This area is for asking questions about the new Sims Mobile game. Head up here for Sims 4 discussion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4

    My question:
    Does the game have co-op play? If so, how does it work?
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 238 Member
    Is there any information regarding which devices will be able to run the game?
    Not sure if my Nexus 5 could handle it :#
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,228 Member
    @elanorbreton

    Having played for a few hours now, I'll have a go at answering your questions as best I can..

    How many age stages are there in the game? From what I can tell, Babies, Toddlers, Children, Teens, YA, Adult, and Elder
    Are all actions real time? eg. does it take 15 real minutes to have a shower? Yes every action is realtime, a lot of them are only a few seconds, some like dancing to music or eating take a few minutes, sleeping takes an hour.
    Is there a lot of free furniture and clothing included or is most of it payable? None of the furniture is free, but there's a fair amount that can be purchased with coins (Which are earned from going to work) and also a few that cost the freemium cash (Real life money).
    Is is ad free? I've not come across any ads yet which is great!
    Do you have to complete tasks or can you play as you like? There aren't really any tasks, you can complete whims to earn XP, a lot of the objects can't be interacted with (but this might be because it's still in soft-launch) but the objects that can be used will also give you XP. Some objects like nightstands and table lamps will also boost the amount of XP you earn while interacting with other objects.
    How many sims can you control? To start with, just one, and as you level up you unlock more CAS tokens which let you create a new Sim. You can have a total of 4 Sims but not until you've reached I think level 19.
    Does it have weather? Nope, not yet anyway, there's not even a nighttime as of yet.
    Is there a way to earn real cash in the game for buying things? Yes you can earn the freemium cash by levelling up and completing certain events. But it's not much, so you'll have to be savvy if you want to save up for a premium item.
    Can you start the game with a whole family? No, you start the game with a single Sim (your founder) as in the legacy challenge and as you play and level up you unlock more Sims or have babies.
    Does it contain supernaturals? Nope. At least not from what I can tell. I did see mention of an 'Alien Arrival' event, but I've not got that far into the game yet.
    Is there a way to avoid multiplayer? Multiplayer seems to be tied to just party events, again I've not got that far, but from what I've seen you can only play with other people at your (or their) house during a party event. So it's not like you'll be surrounded by other players when you're trying to do stuff! Hope I've answered your questions ok. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 8,953 Member
  • GrannyGranny Posts: 1 New Member
    What's the difference between this and the Sims Freeplay?
  • nessaria994nessaria994 Posts: 1 New Member
    how do i get in create a sims, i cant get in, when i click play button it just gets to the worlds without any button for the create a sims. Someone please help, this is really annoying
  • NatanaelRNatanaelR Posts: 1 New Member
    Will The Sims Mobile require an internet connection? I don't care for games that need an internet connection to function which is the main reason I don't play The Sims Freeplay.
  • LinduxxxxLinduxxxx Posts: 1 New Member
    So today I decided to run my sims 3 game without cc. When I went in CAS and clicked on hair it didn't open it, but it does open clothes and everything else except hair. Please help me I don't know what to do..
  • french5029french5029 Posts: 12 New Member
    my sims 4 toddlers will not move they just stand there
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 1,213 Member
    What happens in The Sims Mobile when elder's aging bar reaches full? I have seen in YouTube videos that sims want to complete their life goals before they retire. Do they die? Or will they retire by moving out of the house never to be seen again? Or else?
    Will the time of actions change at some moment?
    How much can we build in the community buildings (coffee shop, restaurant ect.)
    Just interested. Sorry if I'm bothering...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 26,980 Member
    Linduxxxx wrote: »
    So today I decided to run my sims 3 game without cc. When I went in CAS and clicked on hair it didn't open it, but it does open clothes and everything else except hair. Please help me I don't know what to do..

    @Linduxxxx Head down here with your TS3 question: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/bugs-issues You can search there for a related question to post your issue to.
    french5029 wrote: »
    my sims 4 toddlers will not move they just stand there

    @french5029 You can bring that question to this TS4 help thread for new members: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 238 Member
    When will our questions be answered? Hehe :p
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    So, now we're not allowed to have discussions because you don't like what we have to say, so you're just going to shut down every thread? Nice.
  • JustFloJustFlo Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! Does anyone know the answer to my question? I have a household of 8, and I want to add in 2 more sims (at the moment, I am expecting at least 15 sims eventually). Someone suggested the MC Command Center mod, and I went to MCCC options > Gameplay settings > Maximum Household Space and I typed '15'. It said 'In order for this is make a difference, please restart.' So I saved, and quit the sims, and came back on. I tried moving the 2 sims in and it didn't work. PLEASE HELP!
  • gunspunkgunspunk Posts: 7 New Member
    I downloaded sims 4, just like the directions said. My computer crashed. It was new, had to bring it in and they went through everything. They said Origin and Sims 4 corrupted my computer programming. On that note, I tried downloading it on anouther computer, took all night again, but it wont open. I am glad they supposedly improved personalities for the sims 4 game, because my real personality is shot, first I wasted time with codes that were limited to 3 downloads and still they havent fixed that, now they added a third party hoping to get the online gamers in a nation with really bad internet only to find what computers they own corrupted by them. $100 to repair my computer, $80 in SIms 4 merchandise...and two nights and days of thinking I did something wrong. Fix this. I am very computer savvy, and trusted EA, but with Steam and Origin it has been nothing but dissapointment.
  • JustFloJustFlo Posts: 6 New Member
    > @gunspunk said:
    > I downloaded sims 4, just like the directions said. My computer crashed. It was new, had to bring it in and they went through everything. They said Origin and Sims 4 corrupted my computer programming. On that note, I tried downloading it on anouther computer, took all night again, but it wont open. I am glad they supposedly improved personalities for the sims 4 game, because my real personality is shot, first I wasted time with codes that were limited to 3 downloads and still they havent fixed that, now they added a third party hoping to get the online gamers in a nation with really bad internet only to find what computers they own corrupted by them. $100 to repair my computer, $80 in SIms 4 merchandise...and two nights and days of thinking I did something wrong. Fix this. I am very computer savvy, and trusted EA, but with Steam and Origin it has been nothing but dissapointment.

    I'm sorry to hear that. I have no clue what went wrong, try going here : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English Sign in, type your question into the bar. If no one has the same issue, then click 'ask question'. I got quick responses.

    If you have time, please try and answer my question above! You probably won't know the answer though since you cannot access the Sims 4.
  • RushMushRushMush Posts: 2 New Member
    can you make a colorwheel? it would be a good feature in the sims 4 game
    :smile:
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top