Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What We Know So Far About Family GP

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
One new hairstyle and pimples. :) Missed some things. Peach fuzz facial hair and new hoodie/collar/hood is different.

Can we get some more evidence since it's Friday, and no news about this GP?

ETA: Gurus you are welcome to change your avatars and post comments. :p
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    Two new versions of acne at least? At least that's my thinking from the second avatar change :) I haven't checked if it has a new hairstyle. I think it's a new hoodie though? And there was new CAS in the teaser too. @SimGuruNinja's Twitter profile description hints at a new parenting skill, I think, but it doesn't really show that, so that's more speculation than known.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    christyruinchristyruin Posts: 65 Member
    I'm hoping for maybe some more careers, or new interactions/things to do with your family? Like family type activities. I can't really think of anything else that would come with it? I hope they surprise me.
  • Options
    @lutienrising, that isn't a new hairstyle on Ninja's Sim? I don't think I have that one, but I might not have some packs where it would be located.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @lutienrising, that isn't a new hairstyle on Ninja's Sim? I don't think I have that one, but I might not have some packs where it would be located.

I haven't checked, but a bunch of people have been excited about it as a new hairstyle, so I assumed they were right.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited May 2017
    Nothing ! It's been a month since the announcement and all they can show is face acne.
  • Options
    beville wrote: »
    Nothing ! It's been a month since the announcement and all they can show is face acne.

But the Sim has new fuzz with a budding mustache, and facial hair. Not in game so far. And a new hoodie type, and a new hairstyle so that is 'something'. Which would lean into they are changing teens in some ways. Yay!
  • Options
    Yeah I guess, but those things aren't very noticeable. I guess I'm just not good with detail. ;)
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Argh I just feel like we've been waiting for eternity just for the announcement! Haha

I'm going to speculate that maybe they are making teens to be a bit more like the toddlers in that they may become a bit more progressive. What I mean is the toddlers gradually get better at taking care of themselves and they gradually walk better etc. I'm hoping something similar will be happening with teens (and maybe kids too?). I would REALLY enjoy more depth in that regard
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Yeah I guess, but those things aren't very noticeable.
    For me, these type of additions are great for CAS but mostly lost in game.
    I'm rarely zoomed in close enough when playing to really care about make-up, slight wrinkles, acne.
    That said, I'm not complaining about the addition, it's a good jumping off point.
  • Options
    brookiepeoplesbrookiepeoples Posts: 11 New Member
    We know from @SimGuruNinja 's post in "no new info today" that there are no F's or W's in the title!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I'm waiting to see if acne is tied to hygiene or if it is a facial detail like freckles that you apply in CAS. I'd prefer the former over the latter, but who knows.

Other than that I guess there's not much info out there yet to peak my curiosity.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Yeah I guess, but those things aren't very noticeable.
    For me, these type of additions are great for CAS but mostly lost in game.
    I'm rarely zoomed in close enough when playing to really care about make-up, slight wrinkles, acne.
    That said, I'm not complaining about the addition, it's a good jumping off point.

Actually the acne is significant if it is anything like in the past game that had it. The teens had the option of smearing acne cream on their faces and eventually it disappeared. I will hope for something more like embarrassment or dismay over the condition and then elation when the condition clears up.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm waiting to see if acne is tied to hygiene or if it is a facial detail like freckles that you apply in CAS. I'd prefer the former over the latter, but who knows.

Other than that I guess there's not much info out there yet to peak my curiosity.

That might be better, I'm hoping it's like illnesses and Tied to Hygiene and Emotions, Stress, and even diets.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Acne, hairstyle and hoodie from the avatars, but the teaser also showed a few new CAS items for all the life stages (toddlers, kids, teens+). I can't wait to see something to do with game play, hopefully we'll have much more to speculate on next week! :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It's not like I don't appreciate the small stuff , I guess I'm being greedy wanted to know more about this pack. :blush:
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    We've seen new male teen avatars, hopefully a female is next.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    why are you guys assuming pimples/ new hair styles are going to be in the GP when we got ZERO information?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    why are you guys assuming pimples/ new hair styles are going to be in the GP when we got ZERO information?

what else would it be in??
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Two GP SimGurus changed their profile photos. Also @SimGuruNinja was asked if this was in the new GP and said

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Please @SimGuruNinja , I hope your ''quick'' it's really quick and not 1 month!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It's true @MadameLee. But we'll keep it our little secret. *wink*

Hi
    Can you get one of the gurus to change their avatar to a female teen so we can see what the girls look like too, please? :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    There's also:
    - new female hair (short & curly)
    - new female shirt in mint green
    - blue female jeans with a pink design on them

They appear in the quarter teaser :)
  • Options
    Emily04Emily04 Posts: 22 New Member
    I hope they announce something soon or at least give us a little-big hint. Haha :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I need time to scavenge the money. Hubby just got laid off of work! :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/