Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow: Tale of the Ancient Ones (Thread: Completed series)

SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
Introduction:

Hello to all that had come to click on this thread. I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this thread, hopefully the things that you will see inside this thread will entertain you. My name on here as you can goes by Kairi_Hitomi but on Youtube I am known as SiMs Stories. On my youtube channel I fairly often do Machinimas for The Sims. This channel is really dedicated for The Sims and for the Sims series only.

For about three to four years I've been wanting to make a sims 4 story line series. I had ideas for one that should have been my first series on this channel, due to the lack of ideas on how to go about with this series it has been scratched from my head for the time being. I've been also pretty inactive from time to time on the channel due to "life" getting in the way and shifting my focus from making videos... But the life excuse is not only partially to blame here. The lackluster of updates/contents in the sims is what kept demotivating me to work or do an Idea for a video on my Youtube channel. I have nearly given up on the sims 4... At least until Seasons and Pets would come around... But something else actually spark that motivation up for me and it was something I would never thought of having in my main game.

The sims 4 vampire gamepack, this gamepack is literally the gamepack that brought me back to the sims 4 and enjoy it more than ever. I know this pack isn't for everyone... I was one of those people to be honest. But the trailer is what got me sold onto it... ever since I brought it I never had so much fun in a sims game since well.... since on my console sims game. The only PC sims game I had was the full expansion of the first sims.

The making of Tales of the Ancient ones:

Tales of the Ancient ones Idea, came to me a couple of days after the Sims guru had released a trailer of The sims Vampires gamepack. It all started with Caleb that sparked interest in me. I'm pretty sure he spark a lot of interest for other players as well. When I learned more about the pre-created vampires from the whole "What kind of vampire are you?" Quiz. I've gotten the Alluring vampire or something along that lines. That's when my OC (Original Character) Sim was brought up.

I wanted two original characters at first, One of them would be a female who would been a Deuteragonist while the Male OC would be the protagonist of the story. That was quickly scrapped because the story would felt like more of classic drama TV show of a boy moving into an old mansion not knowing that a vampire family lives there.

So I've decided to stick with the female deuteragonist who was a vampire but later I changed her from second main character, to the protagonist of her story and changed her from vampire to a human, just to get a more interesting plot even though it could fall into your "generic" Vampire story.
I've made her the night I was downloading the Sims 4 vampires game pack. Her name generated from: Grace, Annabelle, Sophie then to Camille. I've actually liked Camille's name.... I was actually pronouncing it wrong, calling her CaMILLIE instead of CaMILLE. I still today call her as "Camillie"

"Snow" was her first random generated last name, so I decided to stick with "Snow" since it seemed to fit my version of a Victorian-modern era.
The story at first was going to play out in a machinima, based on my actual game save. Vlad was to be a villain who had eyes for Camille but his enemy caleb also had set eyes on Camille and turned her into a vampire. Vlad then takes camille in and raises her on how to be a vampire, which eventually she surpasses him in terms of ranking. She was then to get rid of Vlad for Caleb and the two would live happily after...

But after watching a video from one of my favorite simmers on youtube, Chrillsims3 and watching one of his simsfacts. He made a lot of good points about items from the buy list shop has a lot of secrets and stories to tell, some of them being dark and makes you want to think twice before thinking about putting it up in your sims home. So this is where I've gotten the main and final plot for tales of the Ancient ones.

Finally the title... When it comes to the stories like this one for example? Coming up with a title can be bit frustrating... It took me an hour to come up with this Title but I've finally gotten it.

Characters:

Most of the characters are pre-existing Maxis made vampires, this is the story about them aside from Camille. Like I said before... Caleb, Vlad, Lilith etc. They've all have some quite interesting backgrounds and I wish to flesh out their backstory as well as add my own theory to the mix which is why there are few OC sims being placed in the story line.

Presentation and Storyline

Now that I have said what I wanted to say, (this bit should have been posted above but it just didn't sit right in my head) I will now present you my first sims series ever: Snow: Tale of the Ancient ones.

Follow the story of a Best selling author known as Camille Snow, as she journeys back down to Forgotten Hollows to find inspiration for her hit series: "The black Rose".

Little does she know what dangers await her in the land of the Ancient ones. Not only does she tries to unravel the history and secrets from these dwelling creatures of the night... But also slowly cover the pieces of her family's past with the help of a two Vampires named Caleb Vatore and Vladislaus Straud IV.

Every 200 years The people of forgotten Hollow celebrates the anniversary of the day Forgotten Hollow was found, surrounding and celebrating in the heart of the plaza of where Vladislaus Straud The first Statue stands proudly in... But a dark deity also waits to awaken on the night of the festival.

Final thoughts:

I really hope to all that have read and is watching my series will hopefully enjoy it. I'm sorry for the sloppy mess on the presentation for this thread. ( It is very late here. xD) So I will do some clean up when I jot the next episode down.

Episodes:

Episodes for Tales of the Ancient ones is least the maximum of 25 length long. (I will not be counting the end credits and previews for next episodes so do not expect one episode to be 27 or 28 minutes longer than a 22/24 minute long episode. It's extras after the credit scroll).

My goal for end plot wise was Ten or Fifteen episodes... Now that has been changed to Sixteen due to Episode 3 becoming a two part Episode. The story-line has a beginning and a Definite ending. I did not wish to make twenty or a fifty episodes due to my busy schedule and sometimes the lack of motivation. So Sixteen episodes is long enough to tell the whole story of what is going on.

*Episode one*: OUT NOW

wvab9k.jpg

This episode is bit of a backstory where the story focuses on Camille's childhood. She has a syndrome called "Nightmare syndrome". It only gets worse the moment she met and befriended a Mysterious Man named "Vladislaus Straud". Could the Syndrome and Vlad be linked to each other? Or is it just a mere coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ6aLVKcysc

*Episode Two*: OUT NOW

28u62iq.jpg

Camille is now an adult. Who moved out of Forgotten Hollow, to pursue her dream of becoming an author. Her series: "The Black Rose" became a successful hit and towards her final volume, Camille hits a brick wall. With no work to show for her Publisher company, her boss decides to give Camille time off of work for three months. Hoping that the vacation time will get her back on track. Camille takes the offer and decides to go back to stay with her parents in Forgotten Hollows.

She's meets re-meets with a childhood friend Named Jenna, Jenna decides to help Camille with her writer's block issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_9Wt_CHSl0

*Episode Three*: OUT NOW

293ujnk.png

Thanks to Jenna's old music box, Camille had finally found the "light" she needed to get her story back on track. Camille's Father, Adrian warns his daughter about Jenna being strange and demands that she should stay away from her. Camille refuses to believe that Jenna is crazy but her father could be possibly right with all the recent kidnappings of Young women being abducted & Camille's best friend fails to show up at a bonfire and a bunch of shady people tries to kidnap Camille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dku7h5Fxu7s&t=1098s

*Episode Four*: OUT NOW

BHv51HO.gif
Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
Post edited by SiMsStories on

Comments

• SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2017
    2vjtzl5.jpg

Thumbnail for episode 4. Episode 4 is uploading right now... I might not be able to post on here until late Saturday.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqLmZWAr7nw&lc=z12nyp5jfxjezdu2h22ht1tofn2kun1ir04

BHv51HO.gif
    dxlfsh.jpg

Episode 5 is now released. My editor did not have a chance to edit this. This episode is way overdo. Despite the messy errors I do hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_2Shnq9-U
    BHv51HO.gif
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I don't see any comments yet in this thread... Is this the wrong place to comment? If so, just ignore me or whatever :#
    Just saw the first video and I'm smitten. Such a visual power! Dreamy music to fit the actions and create an irresistable atmosphere, playing with the angles, breathtaking closeups. I've seen a few sims videos but was never really hooked about them. Now... Didn't know the game has such a potential for movies! You really have a talent for setting up scenes and choosing the right view.
    I might become a Vlad fan xD He seems to be a complex character, being so cute with young Camille in one moment and fighting with his dark side and memories in the next. At least I think that they're memories?
    Honestly. I loved the end the most, those epic images are still in my mind. And I admit watching them twice xD Please, if you would kindly excuse me now, I have to watch the second part o:)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I don't see any comments yet in this thread... Is this the wrong place to comment? If so, just ignore me or whatever :#
    Just saw the first video and I'm smitten. Such a visual power! Dreamy music to fit the actions and create an irresistable atmosphere, playing with the angles, breathtaking closeups. I've seen a few sims videos but was never really hooked about them. Now... Didn't know the game has such a potential for movies! You really have a talent for setting up scenes and choosing the right view.
    I might become a Vlad fan xD He seems to be a complex character, being so cute with young Camille in one moment and fighting with his dark side and memories in the next. At least I think that they're memories?
    Honestly. I loved the end the most, those epic images are still in my mind. And I admit watching them twice xD Please, if you would kindly excuse me now, I have to watch the second part o:)

Thanks for taking interest in series! :D Anyone can comment here or on youtube. ^^ I am still learning & hoping that I will get the right angles and closeups, like some of my favorite Sim machinima makers out there. I tried to keep Vlad as close to how he is represented and portrayed in his story for vampires and the trailer, I wanted to give him a bit of humor as well... Like who would have guess that this big, bad & evil vampire has a soft spot for a little girl. I will try my best to still keep him true to himself though he is honestly one of my favorite characters in the series as well.

I am very please to see a comment on here, every view and like or (dislike) matters to me as well. It let me know that people are watching my series and that encourages me to keep going. You are also the first person (I think)... To notice that the dreams Camille had are in fact memories and what's to come in the future.

I hope to keep having your support until the very end. ^^
    BHv51HO.gif
    Sure, I won't let you down xD If I'm excited enough about a project to comment I won't stop just like that.
    Also, as an author who is pretty new to the story section of these forums I know how much the motivation can depend on people supporting (or not supporting) you. What I've learned is that most people won't let you know they're out there but they are. Telling oneself that over and over again does help until someone shows you their appreciation. So just hold on ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Okay, I'm up to date now... Like the vampire in episode 5 with the brown hair and yellow eyes. He looks like a nice guy ^^ How's his name?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Okay, I'm up to date now... Like the vampire in episode 5 with the brown hair and yellow eyes. He looks like a nice guy ^^ How's his name?

His name is Demetrius, another vampire sim from vampire gamepack trailer. :P I had snatched him along with the other vamps: Inna, Vlad (the long haired one) Vampiro (the one with the buns) Miss, Kat & Markus from the Maxis_Creator user. As for Yaritza and Adam they were made by another EA user. I have to look them up again.
    BHv51HO.gif
    edited July 2017
    Here is the thumbnail for episode 6. The video will be posted on both the official website and on YouTube sometime tonight or tomorrow Afternoon.

eAQIxTz.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf1NAn_rTOk

*Edit* : Episode 6 is now out. You can check it out on here, youtube or my site underneath my signature.
    BHv51HO.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq2Jf5tMQNQ

A small preview of Episode 7. I have not done a preview in awhile, this should have been part of episode 6 but I lacked some of the scenes to make a preview.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Looks promising! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited August 2017
    Thank you! :smiley:

Here is the thumbnail for episode 7, hopefully it will be published later today.

t9KcTCY.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK6ZZTHLs4I

Episode 7 is now out.
    BHv51HO.gif
    edited September 2017
    BHv51HO.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGtqrEJDDk

Preview of episode 9. This shows a backstory Glimpse of Caleb and Lilith.
    BHv51HO.gif
    32eMntS.jpg

Thumbnail and title for EP 9. It should be posted in two hours or so.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Wanted to say that I still existed, that I'm still inspired and amazed by your work and that Caleb is the most adorable child I've ever seen in Sims :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Wanted to say that I still existed, that I'm still inspired and amazed by your work and that Caleb is the most adorable child I've ever seen in Sims :D

Glad that the story is keeping you intrigued. My favorite one out of episode 9 was Lilith XD But I did love caleb's personality in that one. :) episode 10 should be out soon... Hopefully this weekend. It is my third trump card in the series, I hope you look forward to it.

BHv51HO.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz8_Y0fMXuI

Here is the preview for episode 10. There are only six more episodes left in this series. It's been a bumpy ride but thanks to everyone that has been viewing this thread, commenting on here and on YouTube and liking the series. I really appreciate it~
    BHv51HO.gif
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I’m also enjoying your story very much! I discovered it a few days ago. I’m at the 7th episode now. It’s so amazing with the background music and the scenery. I love it. So sad that there will be only 6 more episodes.... :'( . But thanks for the awesome work!!!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    I’m also enjoying your story very much! I discovered it a few days ago. I’m at the 7th episode now. It’s so amazing with the background music and the scenery. I love it. So sad that there will be only 6 more episodes.... :'( . But thanks for the awesome work!!!

Glad you are enjoying the series. :) And thanks for the support! :smiley:
    BHv51HO.gif
    GrirT2n.jpg

Not the best but this the thumbnail for Episode 10. It was suppose to be out yesterday but I got held up on a project and due to my net with it's 24 hours of uploading a video on YouTube if it's more than 7 minutes long... Going to have to wait until later today or tonight for the full video.
    BHv51HO.gif
    BHv51HO.gif
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    That was so awesome. I almost cried about Vlad. The scenes with Camille and Caleb where soooo romantic <3 with that nice music “where your heart gone”. I think this music is also in the game (simlish version), I remember it :).
    They are so cute togehter.
    Can’t wait for the new episode!!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    That was so awesome. I almost cried about Vlad. The scenes with Camille and Caleb where soooo romantic <3 with that nice music “where your heart gone”. I think this music is also in the game (simlish version), I remember it :).
    They are so cute togehter.
    Can’t wait for the new episode!!

Yeah that's where I got the song from. I listen to it a lot in game especially when I am visiting granite falls. Just feels so nostalgia from it. :) Glad you like it. xD!
    BHv51HO.gif
    5nknLQG.jpg

Thumbnail to the new intro. Next episode will be publish late tomorrow or by midnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByETntwXH-M
    BHv51HO.gif