The Sims 3 website is undergoing maintenance. Will update as soon as maintenance is complete.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Broken build mode

KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,055 Member
So... apparently, it took me two days to completely broke the game :#
No matter what objects I try to put in the lot, the game turns them red color (unpleceable) and doesn't allow me to put them down.
I have 800 money, so it's not a problem of not being able to afford stuff. Counters, beds, paintings, decorations... I can't place anything down, even if there's a lot of space and no other object in the way.

(currently having a birthday party)
(tried to clean the cache, but it didn't change a thing)

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,055 Member
    Ok, I just found the problem on my own.

The butterfly wall decoration was apparently "clipping" with every object in the house while it was peacefully hanging on the wall of the kids bedroom.
    Don't know how this was even possible, but it was in the way of every object I tried to place or move through the house, even if they were two or three room away from that decoration.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 515 Member
    That is so weird. I find that 'repair game' in Origin regularly removes small bugs for me, e.g. last week I could not splice plants all of the sudden. Repaired the game, now it works again. Have you tried that yet?
    That is so weird. I find that 'repair game' in Origin regularly removes small bugs for me, e.g. last week I could not splice plants all of the sudden. Repaired the game, now it works again. Have you tried that yet?

It's the mobile game :) can't fix it on Origin
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 515 Member
    Indeed, completely useless advice. :D
    Indeed, completely useless advice. :D

No problem :)
    Gosh, I'm finding so many bugs I feel like I could camp in this section of the forum and just spam post after post. This one scared me so much I feared I had to uninstall the game, losing all progress.
    I'm really glad they decided to soft launch before releasing the game world wide, so that they can find and fix as many issues as possible.
    I don't think that once the offical version is released the game will be entirely bugless, but at least it'll be better than now (---I hope).
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited May 15
    I've finally got the baby quest, yet I cannot place any of the items such as bassinet indoors or even outdoor despite available space and funds, just shows invalid.

Other issues

- corner tables invalid at correct angle, but if I turn it the wrong way around it does it.
    - Cannot place kitchen cabinets if item is on top of worktop I.e chopping boards etc...

EDIT I fixed the issue of not being able to place objects by simply resizing the room.
    Post edited by knazzer on
  • fwmellofwmello Posts: 9 New Member
    I resized the room and I can move the stuff around again. My problem now and that I can't have a baby. I had a baby and left my sims sleeping after all the tasks, when I came back my baby disappeared and my quest is back to have a baby. All the furniture is there, the baby's badroom is ready but every time I touch the bassinet my game crashes. I can't also ask to be friends with any other sims in town. My game keeps crashing. I'm playing on iPhone 7, iOS 10.
  • AgnesszaAgnessza Posts: 5 New Member
    > @knazzer said:
    > I've finally got the baby quest, yet I cannot place any of the items such as bassinet indoors or even outdoor despite available space and funds, just shows invalid.
    >
    > Other issues
    >
    > - corner tables invalid at correct angle, but if I turn it the wrong way around it does it.
    > - Cannot place kitchen cabinets if item is on top of worktop I.e chopping boards etc...
    >
    > EDIT I fixed the issue of not being able to place objects by simply resizing the room.

Caranda outer corner counter only works for me on 2 corners out of 4 in a room(diagonally). Resizing the room doesn't help.
    And I also can't place the mixer and the chopping table on any of the caranda counters.
  • fwmellofwmello Posts: 9 New Member
    UPDATING!

Every interaction I use on my home crashes the game. I can't do any events like hobbies or relationship.
    I'm on level 16 and only getting points for working. It plum! I don't know what to do.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 407 Member
    All these crazy bugs and it's currently only out in Brazil!

This doesn't look good :#
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 23 New Member
    ^^thats why it's only out in Brazil. To find and fix most bugs before it's released worldwide
    All these crazy bugs and it's currently only out in Brazil!

This doesn't look good :#

It's a soft launch, not the official one.
    The game is expected to have bugs, stuff like this is going to be fixed.
  • Apple2T4chApple2T4ch Posts: 4 New Member
    EA, Please fix this issue. I was building a ton of rooms because I had gained 5000 cash and simeleons through In-App Purchases. Then I signed into Facebook and my game reloaded and all of the rooms I had built were gone (I hadn't lost any Cash/ Simeleons). I spent atleast 1 hour designing the rooms. Also please remove the indoor item limit. My house looks ugly bc of it.
  • AbneyTAbneyT Posts: 35 New Member
    It won't let me make my own post in the bugs section =/
    My latest found issue is skin color for the spawn of our sims.

I had a black baby. I now have a white toddler. Interesting bug.
  • MaryFantiniMaryFantini Posts: 1 New Member
    Am I too bad at looking or we can't sell items yet?
    And what about cancel current actions?
  • dropdeadmelissadropdeadmelissa Posts: 21 New Member
    Please remove the indoor limit. If not, raise it greatly or raise it per level and give us an indicator of how much room we have left. The outdoor limit I haven't reached yet but I imagine I will as I do want to expand my house. I understand hardware limitations but why give us all these plots of land, rooms and furniture if I can't efficiently use it all?

I reached the indoor limit when I unlocked 6 rooms, I currently have 7 but could have 8. I'm now level 21 and I can't place all these new items I'm unlocking in the careers or through leveling up. I also noticed today that it changes so it's a little bugged out. I unlocked the wall planter from the medical career and I removed a piece of furniture, got the indoor limit message, removed another item, got it again and then I couldn't place those two items I removed back or the wall planter! It wasn't until I noticed I made some plates of food earlier today in the cooking hobby and when I cleaned all those plates up I was able to place all the furniture back.

We should also have the ability to sell items in our inventory. Scrolling through the lists of items is annoying as it is but my inventory list is quite long now and it would be nice to sell some of the items for a few coins and clean the list up.

I've also noticed the issue where you can't place an item sometimes because of another item. Sometimes I just quit build and click on my sim's work and then click back to my house and sometimes that fixes it or I'll find the item that is highlighted red and move it.
  • AgnesszaAgnessza Posts: 5 New Member
    > @dropdeadmelissa said:
    > We should also have the ability to sell items in our inventory. Scrolling through the lists of items is annoying as it is but my inventory list is quite long now and it would be nice to sell some of the items for a few coins and clean the list up.
    >

I'm also supporting the idea of being able to sell stuff we don't need anymore. Just like you said, the inventory gets soooo long... Maybe it would be nice to have a categorized inventory as well.
    > @Agnessza said:
    > > @dropdeadmelissa said:
    > > We should also have the ability to sell items in our inventory. Scrolling through the lists of items is annoying as it is but my inventory list is quite long now and it would be nice to sell some of the items for a few coins and clean the list up.
    > >
    >
    >
    > I'm also supporting the idea of being able to sell stuff we don't need anymore. Just like you said, the inventory gets soooo long... Maybe it would be nice to have a categorized inventory as well.

Agreed. And categorizing is an excellent idea, I just spent one hour remodeling my kitchen because I had to scroll down the long list every single time to get the counters I wanted
    > @Ellie_Dear_1 said:
    > Agreed. And categorizing is an excellent idea, I just spent one hour remodeling my kitchen because I had to scroll down the long list every single time to get the counters I wanted
    >

I also noticed the issue of it sending you back to the top of the list after you've placed an item. Hopefully they will fix that as well, super annoying :(
  • CystiaCystia Posts: 12 New Member
    After I got to Lv 23 and clear some weeds , I enlarge my existing room and the problem emerges:
    When I tried to buy items and move items it wouldn't allow me saying Indoor Item Limit...
    I have enough cash and space for my new items and I even tried to reduce the size of the ënlarged room or taking unused items to inventory, it would help...
    Anyone knows what can I do now?
  • CystiaCystia Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Cystia said:
    > After I got to Lv 23 and clear some weeds , I enlarge my existing room and the problem emerges:
    > When I tried to buy items and move items it wouldn't allow me saying Indoor Item Limit...
    > I have enough cash and space for my new items and I even tried to reduce the size of the ënlarged room or taking unused items to inventory, it would help...
    > Anyone knows what can I do now?

SOLVED. I simply removed some empty dishes and it works.
    Hit the indoor limit today as well, it's really annoying
    I commented about this in another thread but this is more of a build mode bug. The room category in build always displays a new icon on launching the app even if you have used all your rooms, or already cleared this notification while playing the last time. Please stop telling me I have a room available, it confuses me into thinking I've unlocked some new furniture.