Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it still soft launched in Brazil only?

I really want to know, because everything I see about it just has me wanting to play and find out for myself.
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yeah, still only available in Brazil. I was doing a little research on FreePlay and discovered it soft launched on December 15 and the worldwide release was two weeks later. Doesn't mean SM will release in another two weeks but I'm hoping. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I was curious and looked up some stats. Apparently last year the average soft launch was 4 months. So... not expecting anything all that fast?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I was curious and looked up some stats. Apparently last year the average soft launch was 4 months. So... not expecting anything all that fast?

Oh gawd I hope it's not that long to wait, although I'd rather they take their time with it I guess.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

Oh gawd I hope it's not that long to wait, although I'd rather they take their time with it I guess.

I don't think it will be this long! They did a blog post, and the demand is super high. But the game is supper buggy, and they are adding new features constantly. I saw 1 new feature and 2 design changes introduced yesterday. In the end the wait will be good, believe me. It's still crashing a lot!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

I don't think it will be this long! They did a blog post, and the demand is super high. But the game is supper buggy, and they are adding new features constantly. I saw 1 new feature and 2 design changes introduced yesterday. In the end the wait will be good, believe me. It's still crashing a lot!
    There is a list of 50 games on http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/60621/soft-launch/entry/11/ They have all been soft launched in 2017. But some of them were soft launched already in January and the worldwide launch still haven't happened. So I guess that we have to be patient. Especially because reports from Brazil says that a lot of things don't really work yet and also because only the android version has been soft launched at all.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

You can already play it though by installing an apk if you have an android or using a fake Brazilian Icloud if you have an iPhone.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

You can already play it though by installing an apk if you have an android or using a fake Brazilian Icloud if you have an iPhone.

I've thought about it, but would I lose all my progress once the game is officially launched? If so then I'd rather wait.
  • DeeDee Posts: 11 New Member
    I was thinking we only had like a week guess I'll keep playing freeplay but I have been enjoying the game on YouTube always good to learn how to play before playing
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    I'm so excited about TSM! I just learned about it today and I've played The Sims Freeplay before but this seems way better. I mean the graphics of the game resemble TS4 so much! I hope we'll get the game soon.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

I've thought about it, but would I lose all my progress once the game is officially launched? If so then I'd rather wait.

Nope, just log back in to your native account before you open the app :)
  • CETanakoCETanako Posts: 7 New Member
    > @keylimepiesims said:
    > I've thought about it, but would I lose all my progress once the game is officially launched? If so then I'd rather wait.

> @keylimepiesims said:
    > PrincessVee wrote: »
    >
    > keylimepiesims wrote: »
    >
    > luthienrising wrote: »
    >
    > I was curious and looked up some stats. Apparently last year the average soft launch was 4 months. So... not expecting anything all that fast?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh gawd I hope it's not that long to wait, although I'd rather they take their time with it I guess.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can already play it though by installing an apk if you have an android or using a fake Brazilian Icloud if you have an iPhone.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've thought about it, but would I lose all my progress once the game is officially launched? If so then I'd rather wait.

You're able to save it to The Cloud or FaceBook to save your progress!