Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims mobile has active barista waiter action stuff?

In The Sims Mobile, you can be a barista and bring coffee and stuff to customers' tables. This is a perfect machanic for waitering, so can't TS4 Dine Out get an update with something similar to this so our sims can waiter?

Comments

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    It also has a Fashion Career apparently and a whole bunch of new traits (logical, lucky?, Etc.)

I hope this stuff comes over to The Sims 4 soon. A free to play game having more exclusive content than a $40 game is... Not the best look.

Well, it will probably eventually come to TS4. I wouldn't be surprized if a fashion GP comes out some time soon, since mobile apparently also has sewing, and since mobile literally has the same animations and meshes as TS4, it can probably relatively easily be adjusted to work for the PC version.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    It also has a Fashion Career apparently and a whole bunch of new traits (logical, lucky?, Etc.)

I hope this stuff comes over to The Sims 4 soon. A free to play game having more exclusive content than a $40 game is... Not the best look.

yeah i kind of feel like the more and more i hear about the sims mobile the more upset i get.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member

I'm curious...

Why do you think that a freemium mobile game where the main goal is to tap on the screen and complete actions for coins and XP is on par with a $40 game? A freemium game, I might add, where everything is locked and you have to keep earning coins and XP to level up to access this content?
    EiFlric.png
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »

I'm curious...

Why do you think that a freemium mobile game where the main goal is to tap on the screen and complete actions for coins and XP is on par with a $40 game? A freemium game, I might add, where everything is locked and you have to keep earning coins and XP to level up to access this content?

because well actually a freemium game should not seem like its on par/a port of a 40$ game.
    Oh well, I kind of feel better in a mean way that it ends up super expensive if you want to speed things up, so mobile players may well end up spending $40 or more in-game :lol:
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Oh well, I kind of feel better in a mean way that it ends up super expensive if you want to speed things up, so mobile players may well end up spending $40 or more in-game :lol:

I have to agree here. I know someone who swears that her sims 4 mobile game is sooo much better than sims 4 pc gaming. She had even bought the pc version but didn't like it. She gets going on about it's cool as it's free but then goes on about how she's bought this new thing and that new thing so that she can improve the game. And I'm not talking about earning xp or earning coins, she's buying cards from an actual supermarket so that she can get more.

Makes me wonder how much she's spent.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    The mobile game is definitely transaction heavy according to people who have played it. And it's not precisely cheap ($100 for in game currency?!). I always wondered who spends money on these games...

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    In The Sims Mobile, you can be a barista and bring coffee and stuff to customers' tables. This is a perfect machanic for waitering, so can't TS4 Dine Out get an update with something similar to this so our sims can waiter?

These are things that should have been included with GTW in the first place. I don't see why it has to be programed in at a later date. But I hope they do offer it, would be great if it came in a free update instead of us having to spend even more money to get actions that should have been present already.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The mobile game is definitely transaction heavy according to people who have played it. And it's not precisely cheap ($100 for in game currency?!). I always wondered who spends money on these games...

Yeah, I was playing another mobile game -The Simpsons - and it was fine for almost two years. I didn't have to spend a dime. Coming up on the third year of my playing they started making it much harder for those who didn't want to pay. I couldn't even get any of the major tasks done. So I just uninstalled the app. But I have neighbors who had literally everything they had to offer via paying for it. These are the people EA is going after with The Sims Mobile, much like those who play Sim Free Play. My daughters stopped playing that because there just wasn't enough time to complete certain tasks without spending money. And of course they have none since they are kids. lol

But there are people who have no problem about shelling out the money if they have it or not. And to us it may look like another cash grab on EA's end. But they see it as another avenue to make even more money off of the The Sims name. It's just upsetting that this mobile app has things that we have been asking for. Hoping for. And waiting for. If they get weather and pets and cars before us. I'm going to find a meme expressing my outrage. What in Tarnation!!!! lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

yeah i kind of feel like the more and more i hear about the sims mobile the more upset i get.

Exactly my thoughts....
    A mobile game can have things that the PC cannot have!!! Makes me wonder why and the answer i give to myself inn't very good!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

In S4, the waiters in restaurants actually bring food and drinks to your table, sometimes, they even drop it on the floor. So, yea, we already have this. Don't you play S4?
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

In S4, the waiters in restaurants actually bring food and drinks to your table, sometimes, they even drop it on the floor. So, yea, we already have this. Don't you play S4?

I think the Op was referring to played sims being able to be baristas, waiters and chefs (as active careers). This is not possible in Ts4. Even if you own the restaurant you have to hire NPCs. You cannot play as a waiter or as a barista or as a chef (apart from the inactive rabbit hole career).
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think the Op was referring to played sims being able to be baristas, waiters and chefs (as active careers). This is not possible in Ts4. Even if you own the restaurant you have to hire NPCs. You cannot play as a waiter or as a barista or as a chef (apart from the inactive rabbit hole career).

Yes thank you this is what I meant :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

They are one second animations and then a popup FX good job etc. That's not exactly what happens but it's littered with FX stuff like that. I hope they can now look at TS4 and even back at TS3 and say 'you know what, this stuff like those stars, and good job and bubbles don't actually belong in the PC versions.'
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2017
    because well actually a freemium game should not seem like its on par/a port of a 40$ game.

It's not a port of a $40 game and there's nothing about the footage that's been posted on YouTube that suggests that is the case or that it's on par with that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhzfNylpxK0&t=137s
    EiFlric.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

It's not a port of a $40 game and there's nothing about the footage that's been posted on YouTube that suggests that is the case or that it's on par with that game.

lol, the front of that video has the very same clothes in TS4. Are you having eye trouble?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

I agree. It's not on par. Those might be some of the same outfits as in Sims 4 but how you get them might be closer to how some articles of clothing are sold in FreePlay. Right now in FreePlay you can purchase a set of women's overalls for $5.99. A set of prom outfits is $11.99. A swimsuit bundle is $14.99. An Adidas sport outfit, consisting of a tee, sweatshirt, pair of leggings, a skirt, and one pair of shoes is $1.99.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Agreed! And it's making me feel more and more grateful for returning to The Sims 2!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2017

I'm curious...

I think it just goes to show the different types of things players would like to do in the PC title.

Dine Out's biggest criticism from me is that I can't assign my own Sims to staff roles. It's a detail that would make a huge difference for me, but Maxis didn't see the appeal and focused on other things. So for this mobile app, they listened to the feedback for the PC game and used that to develop minigames such as the barista, or chef career. Meanwhile DO still does not allow me to hire my own Sims, so it's almost as if my feedback went toward trying to make the mobile game look better. Idk just my take on it.

I wouldn't say TSM is on par with S4; it's still a F2P mobile game at the end of the day, it's just styled to closely resemble Sims 4 by using the same content and themes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.