Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Myshuno: Name origin not only bingo!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
I was one of the people noticing that Myshuno comes from the TS2 bingo game "It's Myshuno"

BUT I just now played The Sims for console again and in the intro they literally "scream" Myshuno. Did nobody notice this before? I played this game a million times as a kid. That must be why Myshuno had been a so familiar name for me in the first place.
It was kind of creepy starting The Sims for console and hearing Sims scream "Myshuno" in the intro. :D
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I think in The Sims 1 Sims used to say that all the time. That's probably why they made a game out of it.

After some searching I found a tweet of someone who posted a video of a Sim in The Sims 1 saying 'myshuno'. Apparently they said it when they were hungry.

https://twitter.com/AndrewArcade/status/783830151033303040
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    Klthf wrote: »
    I think in The Sims 1 Sims used to say that all the time. That's probably why they made a game out of it.

After some searching I found a tweet of someone who posted a video of a Sim in The Sims 1 saying 'myshuno'. Apparently they said it when they were hungry.

https://twitter.com/AndrewArcade/status/783830151033303040

It's also a sneaky reference to all of the food carts in San Myshuno then! :smiley:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    It goes deeper than that. Much deeper.

Think about the name, San Myshuno. Obviously it must be named after a saint, right? Well, a little digging into some dusty tomes has revealed some fragments about the life of Saint Myshune.

Apparently St. Myshune was a Japanese acolyte who, for reasons unknown but considered shady, fled his native country in or around 1672.
    Some sources suggest gambling debts, others allude to a high ranking wife of a local official, but the most likely tale concerns an addiction to "slyces of cheeyse playced betwixt two pads of breadde and thence toaysted to aye rycche gulden brownne," which would make St. Myshune the inventor of the sandwich, beating out John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich by almost a hundred years.

After getting shipwrecked off the coast of Chile, St. Myshune made his way into the Andes, spreading the Gospel while riding his snow white llama, "Smustle" through the mountains.

The Vatican records have been "sealed unto perpetuity" regarding the miracles which gained Myshune his sainthood, but two startling theories have sprung up from what little information remains.
    One hints at his miraculous healing of a terrible plague that turned many of his parishioners into hideous, green skinned plant/human hybrids, possibly the result of "straynge lyghtes fromme the skyye eminatting fromme largye dysskes that whyrlled like unto myghty playttes."
    The other concerns a curse laid upon entire regions by a local "sorcerer." This sorcerer, named "SimGuru (last part unintelligible)..." appears to have caused every baby for miles around to-and here it becomes really strange- "to growwe fromme aye baybby directly unto the chyllde stayte withhoute she ever becomithing aye toddlyer."

Just how St. Myshune achieved these miracles, if he ever did, remains a mystery.
    However, to this day, people in the area where he lived play a game. A game with a sleeping llama atop a large tower made of sticks laid out in a carefully constructed geometric pattern. It is said that if the llama is ever awakened, St. Myshune will return to save his people.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member

Think about the name, San Myshuno. Obviously it must be named after a saint, right? Well, a little digging into some dusty tomes has revealed some fragments about the life of Saint Myshune.

Apparently St. Myshune was a Japanese acolyte who, for reasons unknown but considered shady, fled his native country in or around 1672.
    Some sources suggest gambling debts, others allude to a high ranking wife of a local official, but the most likely tale concerns an addiction to "slyces of cheeyse playced betwixt two pads of breadde and thence toaysted to aye rycche gulden brownne," which would make St. Myshune the inventor of the sandwich, beating out John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich by almost a hundred years.

After getting shipwrecked off the coast of Chile, St. Myshune made his way into the Andes, spreading the Gospel while riding his snow white llama, "Smustle" through the mountains.

The Vatican records have been "sealed unto perpetuity" regarding the miracles which gained Myshune his sainthood, but two startling theories have sprung up from what little information remains.
    One hints at his miraculous healing of a terrible plague that turned many of his parishioners into hideous, green skinned plant/human hybrids, possibly the result of "straynge lyghtes fromme the skyye eminatting fromme largye dysskes that whyrlled like unto myghty playttes."
    The other concerns a curse laid upon entire regions by a local "sorcerer." This sorcerer, named "SimGuru (last part unintelligible)..." appears to have caused every baby for miles around to-and here it becomes really strange- "to growwe fromme aye baybby directly unto the chyllde stayte withhoute she ever becomithing aye toddlyer."

Just how St. Myshune achieved these miracles, if he ever did, remains a mystery.
    However, to this day, people in the area where he lived play a game. A game with a sleeping llama atop a large tower made of sticks laid out in a carefully constructed geometric pattern. It is said that if the llama is ever awakened, St. Myshune will return to save his people.
    This is the best thing I've read all day! :joy:
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Thank you! It was a lot of fun to research. I didn't make any of it up, honest.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

OMG this is so amazing! The Sims lore is inspired in reality! Thanks for revealing this to us!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I played a demo of Sim Golf many years ago, and I do remember they said "Myshuno" there as well. Still think I have it stashed away on a CD some place :)