JANUARY 11 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC! Check out whats fixed.

Real Time Kills this game

«1
dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 183 Member
I was so excited when I first saw the trailer for this game it give a simplified version of the sims 4 for mobile. I thought this was going to be a real sims game in app form. With the active careers and party's and cas it looked like a great time. But then you you realize that time will be drawn out for hours unless you pay money to skip it. This is just Freeplay with updated graphics. Although I did heat the time wouldn't be as long as freeplay it still plum that it's in real time at all. I wish they could have separated single player and multiplayer. I'll stick to sims 4.

Comments

  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 8,957 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I was so excited when I first saw the trailer for this game it give a simplified version of the sims 4 for mobile. I thought this was going to be a real sims game in app form. With the active careers and party's and cas it looked like a great time. But then you you realize that time will be drawn out for hours unless you pay money to skip it. This is just Freeplay with updated graphics. Although I did heat the time wouldn't be as long as freeplay it still plum that it's in real time at all. I wish they could have separated single player and multiplayer. I'll stick to sims 4.

    Without the real time feature you wouldn't be inspired to buy some Sim bucks.
    That is it in an nutshell :D

    i7 6700K 16Gb GTX1070 SC 8GB CM Stryker Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide
    i7 4770K 16Gb GTX980 SC 4GB CM StormTrooper Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I was so excited when I first saw the trailer for this game it give a simplified version of the sims 4 for mobile. I thought this was going to be a real sims game in app form. With the active careers and party's and cas it looked like a great time. But then you you realize that time will be drawn out for hours unless you pay money to skip it. This is just Freeplay with updated graphics. Although I did heat the time wouldn't be as long as freeplay it still plum that it's in real time at all. I wish they could have separated single player and multiplayer. I'll stick to sims 4.

    Without the real time feature you wouldn't be inspired to buy some Sim bucks.
    And the game wouldn't be an online game either ;)
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,304 Member
    I'm with OP.
    Tried the game, uninstalled it. It's simply yet another patience tester "wait for xy hours countdown" phonecrap. Sorry, been there, done that billions of times in billions of other phone products, not only it isn't anything new, it's just not fun.
    Good luck with this design EA.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 3,124 Member
    Are you serious? Real time is what makes Freeplay so plum, besides the awful graphics :/ I hope they change this....
    Aqua.png

  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    I actually like realtime because it makes it possible for me to switch between several realtime games instead of just playing the same game all the time. Other games have to be much better for me to enjoy them at all and they aren't free. So if I buy them there is a big risk that I will just be wasting my money because I won't play them for long anyway.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 8,957 Member
    Real time is part of Sims Mobile for a reason and apparently it serves EA/Maxis well and it is their prerogative to use such a system as it is my prerogative to not indulge.
    i7 6700K 16Gb GTX1070 SC 8GB CM Stryker Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide
    i7 4770K 16Gb GTX980 SC 4GB CM StormTrooper Full Tower LG 34"UltraWide
  • mesmerizing3vmesmerizing3v Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't mind playing in realtime but the thing that bothers me is that I'm always out of energy so most of the time I'm just waiting for the sims to finish sleeping instead of playing. And I have to plan ahead which actions I want them to do instead of doing them because I like seeing the different interactions.
    It would be an improvement if players had more energy to begin with (50 instead of 30). Or if you could get more room for energy in your energy bar by leveling up (like 2-4 per level).
    Playing the game feels like it's just waiting and working. If I didn't love sims that much I honestly would have quit after less than 30 minutes.
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 27 New Member
    I play loads of free time games, some I've been playing for years, if it's not your cup of tea no harm done, but there is still a huge market for it. I agree there is still a lot of fine tuning to do, but that's what the soft launch is for. It has great potential IMO.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm into timer games, too, and leave the occasional buck there without remorse, but the mechanic doesn't translate well to every genre. For a dueling or farming game the wait x hours to challenge/harvest system feels natural. In a sims game the same mechanic would prevent me from bonding with my sims, because sims games are more like reading books where large parts are skipped or fast-forwarded. I wouldn't want to read a novel where the protagonist goes by tram and having to close the book until he arrives at the destination.
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 27 New Member
    I agree that the game right now is a frustrating series of 1-hour-long naps, but it is a still bare boned first version. It's never going to be the same experience as the computer game, but it has the potential to become very satisfying over time, if we get the possibility to unlock, build and costumize on a large scale. Bigger houses, much more forniture and clothes, more distinctive personalities, more exciting career goals. The graphics are smooth and the character design is a winner, it's gonna make a lot of people fall in love and possibly want to buy the Sims 4 too. I'm more than willing to give it a chance.

    A big first step would be to increase the Sims' lifespam, because as you say, @EnkiSchmidt, bonding is too imprtant. Right now I guess we can get attached only to the family/legacy aspect, but we need to get more time with every individual, otherwise the game will become just a long list of interchangeable faces.
  • Apple2T4chApple2T4ch Posts: 4 New Member
    Please remove the limit of indoor items I quickly reached it and now my house looks very ugly.
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 129 Member
    Yes, I'd rather pay 20 dollars for a the sims mobile game without real time than play this.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    Yes, I'd rather pay 20 dollars for a the sims mobile game without real time than play this.
    20 dollars each month for a monthly subscription? ;) (That was the old way for such games.)

    The problem is that without realtime and requiring a constant connection to a gameserver the game had to be a paid offline game. But such games sell very poorly. Therefore most games in the app stores are now free realtime MMO games whith a gameserver which can send adds to us all the time.

    Play TS4 if you don't like realtime. But you sure can't buy TS4 and all its expansions for just 20 dollars ;)
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 1,801 Member
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    Yes, I'd rather pay 20 dollars for a the sims mobile game without real time than play this.

    Same here. It's why I prefer Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic to Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 Mobile, even though the graphics in RCT Classic are much more dated (it's the original game ported to mobile devices). I paid for it and I can play it when I want and how I want. I don't have to purchase premium game currency to have special rides or other perks. But I guess game developers make a lot more money with this freemium model rather than just having us pay for the game itself, so they'd prefer to stick with it.
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,017 Member
    I get bored of the waiting in real time. Looked really cool. Oh well.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    I get bored of the waiting in real time. Looked really cool. Oh well.
    The trick is to play more than one game at the time. I actually like to be able to switch between several realtime games and not just play the same game all the time :)

    The games that I don't really like to play anymore are the games which require me to play them too long each time I enter them. The Sims Mobile has alas already become such a game.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I get bored of the waiting in real time. Looked really cool. Oh well.
    The trick is to play more than one game at the time. I actually like to be able to switch between several realtime games and not just play the same game all the time :)

    The games that I don't really like to play anymore are the games which require me to play them too long each time I enter them. The Sims Mobile has alas already become such a game.

    Some people don't want to jump between games. Some people want to be able to play for hours on end, if they are able and wanting to at the time.

    Some games I don't mind the limited energy. Games like Bubble Witch Saga or Candy Crush where you keep your "energy" unless you fail, then you lose an energy. I'm put off a bit by games that give you energy and you expend energy whether you succeed or fail. A Sims game, I would not want to have consumable energy. I use speed 3 the most in game.
    poc54qa
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    I get bored of the waiting in real time. Looked really cool. Oh well.
    The trick is to play more than one game at the time. I actually like to be able to switch between several realtime games and not just play the same game all the time :)

    The games that I don't really like to play anymore are the games which require me to play them too long each time I enter them. The Sims Mobile has alas already become such a game.

    Some people don't want to jump between games. Some people want to be able to play for hours on end, if they are able and wanting to at the time.
    Agreed. But such people should play PC games and not games for mobile devices.

    Of course the game companies also make paid offline games for mobile devices. But not nearly as much as earlier because such games only sell little and are usually soon forgotten. EA has therefore also stopped making the mobile Sims games in this way even though EA made them both in the Sims 2 days and in the Sims 3 days.
    Some games I don't mind the limited energy. Games like Bubble Witch Saga or Candy Crush where you keep your "energy" unless you fail, then you lose an energy. I'm put off a bit by games that give you energy and you expend energy whether you succeed or fail. A Sims game, I would not want to have consumable energy. I use speed 3 the most in game.
    What I don't like about the Sims Mobile is that it usually doesn't matter what action you choose. You usually just have to choose enough actions before the time runs out to be successful. This is for me both too stressing and extremely boring. Therefore I still prefer the Sims Freeplay instead.
  • SugiliteSugilite Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make a paid version for the phone so you wouldn't have to wait real time. :U Still gives them money.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    Sugilite wrote: »
    I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make a paid version for the phone so you wouldn't have to wait real time. :U Still gives them money.
    2 reasons:
    1. The game depends on an online server. This means that if it should be paid then it would be by a monthly subscription or they would soon take the game server down because sales numbers would become too low to pay the expenses. The only other way to get income for such a game is to make it free but give people options for purchasing stuff and for purchasing things that can speed the game up. Only if such games are free will they usually attract enough gamers to make this model work.
    2. The only real option for paid games is to make them as offline games such that they don't require a game server. But sales numbers go down quite fast for such games and soon they won't even be on the top 300 lists in the app stores and therefore very hard to find for gamers. Then the game company will usually just stop supporting the game.

    So there are actually good reasons why free MMO games in real time now dominate the app stores. They attract millions of gamers because they are free which again means that the game companies can earn a lot of money from ingame advertising and don't need people to buy much to get a profit.
  • FeedbackpleaseFeedbackplease Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="dogboy678;d-917587"]I was so excited when I first saw the trailer for this game it give a simplified version of the sims 4 for mobile. I thought this was going to be a real sims game in app form. With the active careers and party's and cas it looked like a great time. But then you you realize that time will be drawn out for hours unless you pay money to skip it. This is just Freeplay with updated graphics. Although I did heat the time wouldn't be as long as freeplay it still plum that it's in real time at all. I wish they could have separated single player and multiplayer. I'll stick to sims 4.[/quote]

    I'm really disappointed with The Sims Mobile. I was really excited that it would act like The Sims 4. I only found out today that it uses real life time like The Sims Freeplay.
  • Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > dogboy678 wrote: »
    >
    > I was so excited when I first saw the trailer for this game it give a simplified version of the sims 4 for mobile. I thought this was going to be a real sims game in app form. With the active careers and party's and cas it looked like a great time. But then you you realize that time will be drawn out for hours unless you pay money to skip it. This is just Freeplay with updated graphics. Although I did heat the time wouldn't be as long as freeplay it still plum that it's in real time at all. I wish they could have separated single player and multiplayer. I'll stick to sims 4.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Without the real time feature you wouldn't be inspired to buy some Sim bucks.
    This was exactly my thoughts. lol
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,221 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I was so excited when I first saw the trailer for this game it give a simplified version of the sims 4 for mobile. I thought this was going to be a real sims game in app form. With the active careers and party's and cas it looked like a great time. But then you you realize that time will be drawn out for hours unless you pay money to skip it. This is just Freeplay with updated graphics. Although I did heat the time wouldn't be as long as freeplay it still plum that it's in real time at all. I wish they could have separated single player and multiplayer. I'll stick to sims 4.

    I'm really disappointed with The Sims Mobile. I was really excited that it would act like The Sims 4. I only found out today that it uses real life time like The Sims Freeplay.
    Alternatives to real time aren't very attractive because they are something like:
    1. Only the first month and the lowest levels are free. After that it would likely cost something like $5 each month to still play the game.
    2. The game could be an offline game and then maybe cost $10.

    The point is that free-to-play games are always in real time with options about buying additional stuff and only get some of this extra stuff for free if we watch 30 sec adds instead. The game companies need to get money for their games one way or another ;)
  • aeriajelaeriajel Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anybody here figured out the mischievous life goals? I badly needed the mischief tokens for alarm clock
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top