Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have The App -- Here's Screenshots

Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
As far as gameplay, unfortunately it's basically Freeplay. The game is in real time and they try to get you to speed up your Sims actions with a currency that costs real money. This is incredibly underwhelming, and I would've completely supported the app had it offered time controls and charged a flat fee of <20 dollars.

The game has active careers and active events, like in TS4. So far, I've played the cafe and restaurant, but I've seen fashion designer and doctor career buildings. These are interactive, and strangely enough, they're a tad more open-ended than TS4's careers. You basically do whatever you want to fill pink stars, which determine your performance. You can unlock various objects and features through them, and there are multiple life goals tied to these careers, which the game advises you to do before your Sim retires.

Active events are more for social purposes. You do them to get closer to other Sims and so on. However, they're timed and have to be reperformed if you don't earn the required amount of stars. If your Sims needs get low during them, you're basically out of luck. My Sim was tired, and had to sleep during an event. Sleeping takes a full hour. Welp. I guess this is how they're going for earning a few bucks.

All in all, it's a step up from Freeplay, but I still don't see anything that would make me want to pay for anything in this app over something in TS4. If you were a fan of Freeplay, you'll love it. If you weren't, you likely won't like this either.

N6IEgTr.jpg

NCLyERS.jpg

ETPUCSj.jpg

ybT3fUF.jpg

4rJNqE8.jpg

JPoTMYf.jpg

VZ5Bj6A.jpg

JCCpaFK.jpg

LbcaCza.jpg

9kmsgTB.jpg

o8666qz.jpg

rym5Wh7.jpg

YkU1RPp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The active careers are interesting, way more engaging than managing a restaurant or having a cafe you can't work in. What kills it to me is the real time aspect, I don't want to be artificially limited in what I can do and having to pay to pass the time block.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The active careers are interesting, way more engaging than managing a restaurant or having a cafe you can't work in. What kills it to me is the real time aspect, I don't want to be artificially limited in what I can do and having to pay to pass the time block.

Yeah, they are. I definitely agree with you -- the real time element of this gameplay is ruins the app completely. Had they charged 10-20 dollars for the app, given us a single player mode (with time controls) with optional an multiplayer mode, I'd fully support and endorse the app. But the real time gameplay just kills it.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Thanks for sharing. Cool to look at. I'll stick with my PC games though. I would spend too much trying to speed up everything.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Omg, this reminds me so much of Life Quest/Life Quest 2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I never actually played Freeplay, but this is reminding me of Sims social. I had some fun with that during a dark period when I didn't play any sims games on a PC.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I never actually played Freeplay, but this is reminding me of Sims social. I had some fun with that during a dark period when I didn't play any sims games on a PC.

Was everything that happened this linear? It is very linear in Life Quest games which I think EA also owned.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It looks great though graphically for a mobile game, i am with others though when it comes to the real time aspect. I would have rather just paid £14.99 - £20.00 for a game that has a store with dlc thats updated frequently/micro transactions.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited May 2017
    I was so buzzed until I saw it carried the real time thing on from the sims freeplay :/
    ce8d3942471959f46256cb322b8d1ba61cfae0cddcfbfe84e852a6c1823ad4e5.jpg
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    I'll pass...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    They look so lifeless. :D:hushed:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Terra wrote: »
    Is anybody else really cheesed that you can play a chef or a barista working when we were told after the outrage of Dine Out that the team thought watching your Sim work as a chef or waiter would be boring? Clearly they've taken on our feedback without having actually admitted that we were right, and as a further slap in the face they've incorporated it into a different game instead of patching Dine Out.

Nope, because if you actually play the game, it IS boring. You're forced to do it to earn coins, but I literally couldn't wait for it to end.

The way they've done it on PC is so you "manage" rather than just click for no real purpose. Managing is better than simply clicking for no reason to get money, to play the game.

The idea is that is super boring, and annoying, so you "pay to skip" so you can get back to playing the game.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Is anybody else really cheesed that you can play a chef or a barista working when we were told after the outrage of Dine Out that the team thought watching your Sim work as a chef or waiter would be boring? Clearly they've taken on our feedback without having actually admitted that we were right, and as a further slap in the face they've incorporated it into a different game instead of patching Dine Out.

I played the chef and barista careers, and I have to say, they are fun, if you think manically clicking customers and watching experience points explode all over the place while you are on a time crunch is fun. I don't think it would translate in a fun experience in TS4, as it's not fast paced.
  • Options
    it's on the App Store now btw
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Wait, is the app already out? When can I get my hands on it?
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Was everything that happened this linear? It is very linear in Life Quest games which I think EA also owned.
    The Life Quest games were made by Big Fish Games and Big Fish Games is a Seattle company that is owned by Churchill Downs Incorporated. So those games have nothing to do with EA.
  • Options

it's on the google play store, my temp phone can't run it though :|
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »

Really? I had a quick look but couldn't find it. :(
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

It is only out in the android version and only in few countries (like Brazil).
  • Options

I don't know if I'm allowed to share the link but I found it via google search then it brought me to the google play store? Also it was the .com site which I'm presuming is the USA one right?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have it too, it's not my cup of tea. I didn't expect it to be to be fair. But perhaps some people will like it.
  • Options
    Oh found it, but it says it's not compatible with my device, oh well guess I'll have to wait!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Welp it's not out for Canada yet unless it's an iOS problem
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    Welp it's not out for Canada yet unless it's an iOS problem

From what I've heard, it's out as a soft launch for Brazil only (soft-launching in just one or two countries is normal mobile release practice).

*wonders why there's so much mobile chat in the Sims 4 forums*
    *realizes she's got all sorts of new forum areas showing in the Discussion tab*
    *Oh. That explains a lot!*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.