Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SO WE WERE ACTUALLY CORRECT?

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If they took everything form TS4 then... does that mean we're about to have a fancier family tree and sewing machines? (in the next GP?)

I thought that, too :D ! Maybe the sewing machine will come if the fashion GP from the survey is released.
  • Options
    Lindell82Lindell82 Posts: 2 New Member
    So this looks so awesome. I am such a fan of Sims. I have been playing since I was 15 when the original dropped, I'm 34 now! . If its going to be free in store there has to be some form of purchases made in the game? Right? I am so excited because I mainly use my ipad so if I can play this on there I will never surface from my room! LOL
  • Options
    Lindell82Lindell82 Posts: 2 New Member
    And.. I REALLY hope its not like Sims Freeplay. I HATE waiting. I hope its more like regular Sims 4 on the times and everything, just normal, not 24 hours to bake a cake or anything. I play Freeplay, but I am not that fond of it.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    holy plum ouo when does it come out??!!
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    It's sims 4 with decreased graphics and BETTER family play released for free. I feel betrayed.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Soo, instead of creating more expansion pack that could have already been made for the sims 4, they create this ! :/ They should have upgraded the Sims 4 first than introduced this mobile thing. :#:/

They should have just made TS4 a mobile game from the start, while working on/giving us a more in depth and real life stimulating Sims game. It's much easier to implement things like cars and seasons into a game like this than on PC. I really don't fully understand this move at all.

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    When you say 'free to play' does that mean that it is free? ;)

It means micro-transactions feast ;)

I have no idea how people can find that fun. I'd like to play a game for hours straight without being prompted to pay.

Of course, F2P games are designed to be psychologically addictive, but I'd rather not fall into that trap.

It's a fact that most mobile games are designed to earn their profits through taking advantage off of the psych of consumers. In other words, they tend to design themselves to get their players to impulsively purchase their in-app products, even using additional tactics on top of that, such as showing an expensive package with a "unbelievable" deal on the screen that "expires" in a short duration.

But, at the end of the day, on average, you are just going to buy that 20 dollar microtransaction to satisfy your mind's craving of getting it right that instant, but you will not touch that same app in 1 week's time. And, like any other app, especially online apps (which is what this product is!), it will be gone in a few years time, when interest dies out. So, any investment is truly temporary.

No thank you. I'll take a nice 20 dollar PC game which doesn't harass me to spend more and more, and instead, gives me a full product with uninterrupted gameplay. And, better yet, it will ALWAYS be there, so whereas that app is gone in 10 years, my game will still be there.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    It's sims 4 with decreased graphics and BETTER family play released for free. I feel betrayed.

You're so not alone, i'm honestly so bitter right now it's insane :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2017

Maybe in the update for this GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

There's a family picture with toddlers on the wall in one of the screenshots. Can we take a family picture in sims 4? No! And photography was a feature of GT.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm also salty that the stuff we bought and was pricey is free in this app, I just hope most of it is locked out in microtransactions.
  • Options

There's a family picture with toddlers on the wall in one of the screenshots. Can we take a family picture in sims 4? No! And photography was a feature of GT.

Maybe in the GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Soo, instead of creating more expansion pack that could have already been made for the sims 4, they create this ! :/ They should have upgraded the Sims 4 first than introduced this mobile thing. :#:/

They should have just made TS4 a mobile game from the start, while working on/giving us a more in depth and real life stimulating Sims game. It's much easier to implement things like cars and seasons into a game like this than on PC. I really don't fully understand this move at all.

There is nothing to understand as the mobile division has absolutely nothing to do with our Sims games. Not even in the same state for heaven's sake. The only things we have in common is both make sims games and even we are under Sims mobile now so technically our games have to share a forum connection.

The way I look at it - just be glad we still have our Sims and we were not dropped like Sims City was.

But Sims Mobile takes nothing away from us nor does it add anything for us - they have their own studios - their own huge teams of devs and in no way affects us one Iota.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

There is nothing to understand as the mobile division has absolutely nothing to do with our Sims games. Not even in the same state for heaven's sake. The only things we have in common is both make sims games and even we are under Sims mobile now so technically our games have to share a forum connection.

The way I look at it - just be glad we still have our Sims and we were not dropped like Sims City was.

But Sims Mobile takes nothing away from us nor does it add anything for us - they have their own studios - their own huge teams of devs and in no way affects us one Iota.

You reassure me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Sims mobile is done elsewhere - last I heard it is done in the Salt Lake City studios and has mobile teams - has nothing to do with the Sims games we play. So it shouldn't matter to us at all.

Maxis is no longer located at Salt Lake City, and from what the trailer/the forums have shown, this is a project by Maxis.

I don't know if I would say that it shouldn't matter to us all. Really, The Sims 4 was a disappointment in general. They've scrapped the open world for gameplay systems that were not innovative nor attractive to people at all, so the numbers for TS4 were disappointing, too. I would not be surprised, due to the accessibility of mobile phones, that The Sims mobile turns a bigger profit. From there, EA could justify pulling the plug on the PC version. It's a very doomsday-esque prediction, but it's a possibility is what I am trying to say more than anything else.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2017
    Lindell82 wrote: »
    So this looks so awesome. I am such a fan of Sims. I have been playing since I was 15 when the original dropped, I'm 34 now! . If its going to be free in store there has to be some form of purchases made in the game? Right? I am so excited because I mainly use my ipad so if I can play this on there I will never surface from my room! LOL
    I would never play this on a smarthone or even a iPhone being the screen are too small, the Tablet screens are bigger and I would most def give this a go. However I am waiting to see how this will affect Sims 4 development.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

I am not against a mobile game about Sims and also having a AAA game about Sims for the PC/Mac. I think some are skeptical about this new release and how it will impact Sims 4 development. I believe EA/Maxis can maintain both formats w/o shutting out one of the groups. EA/Maxis misrepresentation led to Sim City failure to thrive and it did have so much potential in the beginning but EA/Maxis had failed to deliver on what Sim City was to deliver.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    cooldj210cooldj210 Posts: 29 Member
    Well no one said it yet so I'm going to say it...

Mysims Mobile.

(No hate to it looks like it could be fun :) also mysims was a good spinoff)
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Sims mobile is done elsewhere - last I heard it is done in the Salt Lake City studios and has mobile teams - has nothing to do with the Sims games we play. So it shouldn't matter to us at all.

Maxis is no longer located at Salt Lake City, and from what the trailer/the forums have shown, this is a project by Maxis.

I don't know if I would say that it shouldn't matter to us all. Really, The Sims 4 was a disappointment in general. They've scrapped the open world for gameplay systems that were not innovative nor attractive to people at all, so the numbers for TS4 were disappointing, too. I would not be surprised, due to the accessibility of mobile phones, that The Sims mobile turns a bigger profit. From there, EA could justify pulling the plug on the PC version. It's a very doomsday-esque prediction, but it's a possibility is what I am trying to say more than anything else.
    It could happen being EA/Maxis has done some strange things that made some scratch their head.

• Options
    K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    'nah its more like Simsfreeplay but with better graphics on phone. Just saw screenshots on twitter. Everything is in realtime.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member

I know that they are two different things, but I still have my concerns about the whole situation, as many people do.

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2017
    Boy I sure am glad half the Sims 3 team has been working on a mobile game this whole time. EA truly is the greatest company ever.

EDIT: Pre-emptively correcting that no, it isn't half, but evidence suggests that some of the EP teams of 3 are exactly here.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2017

I think my issue with this is that not only does this have Get to Work, get together and spa day features, which will come at a much more discounted price than on PC, but that it also has additional features that really should have been implemented in the PC game, such as the option to confess an affair, an improved family tree, the ability to take family photos.

Someone has pointed out that the mobile teams work separately to the PC Sims 4 team, but updates like this make me wonder if we would have a more fully fleshed out game if their human capital resources were used differently. I mean, the base Sims 4 mobile game has so many cool features, while the base PC game didn't even come with toddlers, pools, or coloured maps.

I just hope some of those extra features in the mobile game will be added to the games of the (higher paying) PC players...

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top