Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SO WE WERE ACTUALLY CORRECT?

So they WERE working on a mobile game all this time? No wonder all those limited-time events and all these 'real-time' stuff. Wow xD

Makes me curious, will The Sims 5 exist if the app becomes really successful?
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2017
    This isn't like The Sims 3 mobile but rather another clone of The Sims Freeplay. In fact it may be olympus. If you notice, it's theme kind of like the one of olympus. It also has those blue plumbobs which appeared plenty of times in previous olympus teasers. Here is another exclusive trailer:
    https://youtu.be/SwskqDkVmkw

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm not down with the times...is this played on your phone? (God, I feel old asking that!)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I'm not down with the times...is this played on your phone? (God, I feel old asking that!)

Yes, it will be a game designed for phones and tablets.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    It looks so similar to the sims 4 like I had to look again to see that it wasn't.
    giphy_1.gif
  • divine_simmerdivine_simmer Posts: 30 Member
    When you say 'free to play' does that mean that it is free? ;)
    > @Yoko2112 said:
    > Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    >
    > So they WERE working on a mobile game all this time? No wonder all those limited-time events and all these 'real-time' stuff. Wow xD
    >
    > Makes me curious, will The Sims 5 exist if the app becomes really successful?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm usually never this salty but geez I want that game to fail so bad.
    >
    > Port TS4 and most of its packs on mobile devices with a few graphical downgrades and make it a plummy free to play game with tons of microtransactions to make some quick buck ? Wow, great dev skills, so much effort was put into this, it's amazing.
    >
    > Granted, I think the mobile Sims team ( they're a different team than the one working on the main game ) probably did the porting and adapting so I doubt the main team had much to do with this, but it's still utter garbage.

Why would you want the game to fail when some players might actually be interested in it?
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I don't even know what I'm looking at. Has this been announced today?

It means micro-transactions feast ;)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    I don't even know what I'm looking at. Has this been announced today?

Yes xD 30 mins ago

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    > @Yoko2112 said:
    > divine_simmer wrote: »
    >
    > > @Yoko2112 said:
    > > Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    > >
    > > So they WERE working on a mobile game all this time? No wonder all those limited-time events and all these 'real-time' stuff. Wow xD
    > >
    > > Makes me curious, will The Sims 5 exist if the app becomes really successful?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I'm usually never this salty but geez I want that game to fail so bad.
    > >
    > > Port TS4 and most of its packs on mobile devices with a few graphical downgrades and make it a plummy free to play game with tons of microtransactions to make some quick buck ? Wow, great dev skills, so much effort was put into this, it's amazing.
    > >
    > > Granted, I think the mobile Sims team ( they're a different team than the one working on the main game ) probably did the porting and adapting so I doubt the main team had much to do with this, but it's still utter garbage.
    >
    > Why would you want the game to fail when some players might actually be interested in it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because it's lazy. I'm not saying you can't enjoy it. I just think it's a plummy business practice to reuse so many assets and animations and sell them as a new game.

Is that not what they do with every new game though? Reuse stuff from an old game but revamp them and upgrade them?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Soo, instead of creating more expansion pack that could have already been made for the sims 4, they create this ! :/ They should have upgraded the Sims 4 first than introduced this mobile thing. :#:/

Sims mobile is done elsewhere - last I heard it is done in the Salt Lake City studios and has mobile teams - has nothing to do with the Sims games we play. So it shouldn't matter to us at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I'm looking forward to this version. As someone who is disabled I am sometimes bound to my bed and this would let me still play the game I love so much. And I love micro purchasing lets me be blind to how much i spend on games lol.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I cannot wait! I just watched the trailer. It looks like a mix of Sims Freeplay and Sims 4 :love:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It is business, it was bound to happen being Smartphones and tablets has evolved very fast today and they can do more on them. I am not really a fan of playing games on mobile devices but looking at the new app it looks kind of fun and willing to give it a chance. When a business gives you info you have to read between the lines.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited May 2017
    If they took everything from TS4 then... does that mean we're about to have a fancier family tree and sewing machines? (in the next GP?)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

I have no idea how people can find that fun. I'd like to play a game for hours straight without being prompted to pay.

Of course, F2P games are designed to be psychologically addictive, but I'd rather not fall into that trap.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

I've succumbed to buying things for mobile games in the past. It's a cringey thought when you dawn on the memories.
    You can bet your bottom dollar I'm not repeating that should I ever bother with this game on my phone.
    // take me back to 2018.
    > @Wulfsimmer said:
    > divine_simmer wrote: »
    >
    > When you say 'free to play' does that mean that it is free? ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It means micro-transactions feast ;)

Hey, it could be worse. It could be candy crush!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thank you but no thank you. I played Sims Freeplay on my cellphone. The format was too hard for my old eyes. I'll stay with TS4 on my PC.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top