Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Going To The Hospital.

Why is it that we can't go to the hospital? Why is it that sims either need to work there (can only go during their shift) or about to give birth to go there? I find it annoying that my sick sim has to order meds online to get better but can't go to the hospital to get better too. I think it's be cool and a fun added gameplay feature to get to go to the hospital with my sim when they got sick and watch them get treated by a doctor/nurse.

Does anyone else feel the same?
banner_3.jpg?w=1200

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It would be a logical addition for sure. We can play the medical staff so why not as the patient. And there could be fun moodlets if the medical staff diagnose incorrectly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I feel the same too. Especially for pregnant sims. It would be awesome to go to the hospital to check the gender of your baby.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I was thinking the same thing! I mean for all the PR they put into saying how this is the next generation of Sims, they still can't go to the hospital to find out the gender of their little one. I think it would be super cute if mom could get an ultrasound and a little black and white (or color) pic of the baby before it is born.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    I also really do not like that the hospital is inaccessible. But it seems almost pointless anyway, since none of the ailments are deadly, and you don't even technically need medicine for them to go away. They go away on their own. Just drink juice. It's cheaper. Or do nothing. It still goes away, and your sim is fine.

This cheapens the whole experience of getting sick, in my opinion. Firstly, the ailments should be dangerous if left untreated. Otherwise, I'm not even going to bother buying them medicine (and I don't. In fact, it makes them more interesting if they can't stop sneezing. I just say 'aw, they have allergies'). Secondly, if there is a medicinal cure you can buy, have it cause the ailment to "get worse" by chance so that you HAVE to go to the hospital then. It'd be even better if sims could have accidents that require immediate medical attention, like a broken leg or something. Maybe there should be "preventative medicine" to boost a sim's health to keep them from getting sick for a long time, like how real health care (is supposed to) works. Maybe sims could have different health plans.

I guess I just really wanted a more in-depth interaction with hospitals and health care in The Sims. Seems like the sim environment is perfect for that. There's a lot that goes into hospitals and health for real humans, to where we worry about getting sick all the time. Why don't sims also go through that? It's so much more realistic and immersive. Maybe more "anxious" sims can be hypochondriacs. Think of how amusing that would be.

Sims absolutely should be able to visit the hospital, and the viruses and bacteria they can catch should be deadlier so that there's a point to go to the hospital... and a point to getting sick at all.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    Why is it that we can't go to the hospital? Why is it that sims either need to work there (can only go during their shift) or about to give birth to go there? I find it annoying that my sick sim has to order meds online to get better but can't go to the hospital to get better too. I think it's be cool and a fun added gameplay feature to get to go to the hospital with my sim when they got sick and watch them get treated by a doctor/nurse.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Because the illnesses in this game would be over by the time the lot loads. If you ignore illness it is gone in a few minutes. By the time they get there, stand in line waiting to be put in a bed it would be over.

ETA: Instead of going to hospital what I wish could happen is if you play a doctor, Sims call your Sim to visit your Sim's house to be treated. That way we could run a home/office clinic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm fine with illnesses going away over time but I wish there was more than one medicine and if you pick the wrong medicine you get a side effect.

Or maybe one day your sim gets a serious illness (like itchy plumbob, I think) and you can go to the hospital for surgery or have a home visit as Cinebar mentioned; like pregnant sims can go to have the baby
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    OP is right. I've been saying that from day 1 when I purchased GTW. Sooo many missed opportunities.
    No sick visits to the hospital?! Why not? Would it really be that hard to program that in if we have the EP? The Dr. career is way too is repetitive and only the same handful of sims ever come in to be seen. Why can't I buy medicine there?
    There is no real crime or burglars for the detective career track to make sense. Why can't sims randomly fight and the police be called? Why no officers paroling the streets? I do enjoy the Scientists career though, but you can only visit the alien lot so many times before you realize there's nothing to it either..
    I know it's pointless to complain, there will be no patch for an EP over a year old. Still, though I'm super disappointed that a pack that was named Get to Work only came with 3 new jobs and no venue I can travel to.
    The Sims 4 half baked...
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

I also really do not like that the hospital is inaccessible. But it seems almost pointless anyway, since none of the ailments are deadly, and you don't even technically need medicine for them to go away. They go away on their own. Just drink juice. It's cheaper. Or do nothing. It still goes away, and your sim is fine.

This cheapens the whole experience of getting sick, in my opinion. Firstly, the ailments should be dangerous if left untreated. Otherwise, I'm not even going to bother buying them medicine (and I don't. In fact, it makes them more interesting if they can't stop sneezing. I just say 'aw, they have allergies'). Secondly, if there is a medicinal cure you can buy, have it cause the ailment to "get worse" by chance so that you HAVE to go to the hospital then. It'd be even better if sims could have accidents that require immediate medical attention, like a broken leg or something. Maybe there should be "preventative medicine" to boost a sim's health to keep them from getting sick for a long time, like how real health care (is supposed to) works. Maybe sims could have different health plans.

I guess I just really wanted a more in-depth interaction with hospitals and health care in The Sims. Seems like the sim environment is perfect for that. There's a lot that goes into hospitals and health for real humans, to where we worry about getting sick all the time. Why don't sims also go through that? It's so much more realistic and immersive. Maybe more "anxious" sims can be hypochondriacs. Think of how amusing that would be.

Sims absolutely should be able to visit the hospital, and the viruses and bacteria they can catch should be deadlier so that there's a point to go to the hospital... and a point to getting sick at all.

I still feel they had a wonderful opportunity with GTW and they missed it entirely. I'll only stick to the medical field right now - thought the hardest hit for me is the police and so many wonderful things they could have done.

First off, for me, I enjoy how the cold works in Sims 2. There are three stages, common cold. The flu. Finally, phenomena. And at any stage of the sim's illness they could die. Of course it increased the sicker the sim got, and they had to rest, drink juice, and eat that wonderful Grandma's Chicken Soup. You knew they ran the risk of death. That should have been brought back in Sims 4.

Being electrocuted, pinched fingers when doing upgrades, possibly working out and pulling something, almost drowning, etc. these should all be conditions for going to the hospital. From minor to major.

They could have added in new things as well; broken limbs, sprang thumb or finger, chicken pox, etc. There could have been at least two medical paths, one for doctors and one for nurses.

And the hospital could have just been accessible to sims, period. You could send your sim for allergy shots, a "yearly" check up. Or even check in for surgery. So many missed things. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    City Living introduced sprained ankle with the basketball activity but I really don't see a point to it if all it does is make your sim uncomfortable. And then Dine Out, you can get food poisoning but all you have to do is drink water and it will go away.
    Since packs do work together I would hope those could have been things you could use to go to the hospital or call a doctor (for those who have GTW)
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

My sim got food poisoning the other night. I actually got excited because I was think, "Cool, he can call off work tomorrow to get better." Well clearly that wasn't the case because when he woke up he was better. But he was bragging to his wife that he survived food poisoning. *rolleyes*

Not sure if you played Sims 1, but when they got food poisoning - normally while on vacation - they spent the rest of their vacation sick, and stuck on the toilet. I loved it. It made it all the more fun and hilarious. I want all that back not watered down Happyville.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    My sim got food poisoning the other night. I actually got excited because I was think, "Cool, he can call off work tomorrow to get better." Well clearly that wasn't the case because when he woke up he was better. But he was bragging to his wife that he survived food poisoning. *rolleyes*

Not sure if you played Sims 1, but when they got food poisoning - normally while on vacation - they spent the rest of their vacation sick, and stuck on the toilet. I loved it. It made it all the more fun and hilarious. I want all that back not watered down Happyville.

It would be cool if when sims got sick they actually felt it rather than just getting an uncomfortable moodlet. And if it lasted a few days unless you take meds or go to the hospital.

That Happyville comment, I love it. Hahaha
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    Actually I did. When I first Played Get to Work, I didn't know what to do when my Simself got sick, He Had a Severe Fever and Migraine, (Which really touched my heart, I felt his pain, Double whammies are the worst.)

Well I knew there was medicine, but I didn't know how to procure it. I thought I had to make a house call, or something to get a "prescription" in order to purchase meds, but no.
    I found it defeating, that I had to go on the wiki in real life and find out how to get meds.

I knew sims don't die from illnesses, but Come on how's I suppose to know I'm suppose to go online and purchase medicine...

I just find it odd that You can get Meds, and Blood(Vampires) freely.

(Definitely Created a Drug Abusing Sim)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would love it if the hospital was accessible for sick sims as well and also if we had open neighborhood. The staff at the hospital had more responsibility the doctor to direct them,
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Actually I did. When I first Played Get to Work, I didn't know what to do when my Simself got sick, He Had a Severe Fever and Migraine, (Which really touched my heart, I felt his pain, Double whammies are the worst.)

Well I knew there was medicine, but I didn't know how to procure it. I thought I had to make a house call, or something to get a "prescription" in order to purchase meds, but no.
    I found it defeating, that I had to go on the wiki in real life and find out how to get meds.

I knew sims don't die from illnesses, but Come on how's I suppose to know I'm suppose to go online and purchase medicine...

I just find it odd that You can get Meds, and Blood(Vampires) freely.

(Definitely Created a Drug Abusing Sim)

The wiki is how I learned how to get meds, it's so annoying that we all had to go out of our way to learn that you can't go to the hospital to bet better but instead go online.
    I would love it if the hospital was accessible for sick sims as well and also if we had open neighborhood. The staff at the hospital had more responsibility the doctor to direct them,

I would love open neighborhood for the hospital as well as the police station. Side note: If they were to do open neighborhood for police station and add burglars it would be cool to go to the station to fill out a report.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200