Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids in TS4!

PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
edited May 2017 in CAS Custom Content
cONs3PL.jpg
p6PlVJz.jpg
R5DBZwM.jpg

Okay, so I was searching the cc studios on S4S.. And I saw a username, Merman Simmer. And I thought... Oh my god, what if he has made tails? And mermaid cc? Pretty safe assumption from the username. I'd tried making mermaids before and never found much cc for them, but I go and visit his studio and just.. Basically die. The tails! I could cry. It's the most beautiful thing and he has has made an animation for mermaids to swim and *oh god*.

I have spent months saving for a mermaid tail *don't laugh at me oh my god, I'm saving for the cheapest silicon realistic one I can find which is £467* (cheap compared to normal prices, bc the next cheapest is like £700 and you have to pay about £100 for extra customization like fins and £150 extra for personalized tail designs/ colours/flukes - basically the big fin at the end is the fluke. and normal price for tail of silicon, realistic and HQ tail is around £1500 - £3500) and I follow multiple people of the merfolk community on ig and have entered various mermaid tail giveaways for the realistic ones over the fabric ones that you use when you start out andddd I've tried looking up how to make them but the only affordable and doable tutorial wasn't very durable, and also harmful to sealife bc of the materials they used but it was a nice idea.

Secondly, looking at his yt I realize I have downloaded tail off of him before with H20 poses! It is awesome to see how he has improved from this, is good cc but now is even better so.. Aaaaah!

So I am v. happy.

Mermaid swimming animation:
tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
Post edited by Purrdalecki on

Comments

• Options
    I am making merfolk community now.. Would be so cute to have for toddlers like mod in ts3 where babies could have mermaid tail. o:)
  • Options
    ImperialCircusImperialCircus Posts: 31 Member
    This CC looks super impressive! It's great to see that the community can put in what the game is lacking.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Bump with my new mermaid. I had already made her before, but she wasn't a mermaid, and I didn't know to do with her.

Her name is Darla Mae McWilliams. Darla Mae is all her first name, bc we can't have middle names anddd double first names sound cool (she responds to Darla Mae.) Poses in both pics and scale bra are also by Merman Simmer, mimicking H2O cast poses (when they do powers and how they pose on promo pics.)

2quir6t.jpg
    16b0q38.jpg

P.S if first pic looks bad is bc I'm terrible at editing and I wanted her freckles to show better, so it is over sharpened in the face and I can't use HQ mod bc not all my cc I like is compatible with it.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Dat moment when the community provides for free stuff that the current Sims team probably deems "too hard to make".
  • Options
    SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    Dat moment when the community provides for free stuff that the current Sims team probably deems "too hard to make".

it has nothing to do with being too hard to make. there are infinitely more cc creators than the amount of people on the sims team..
    on top of that the sims team MADE this tail to begin with.. the creator just imported it to ts4.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I am making merfolk community now.. Would be so cute to have for toddlers like mod in ts3 where babies could have mermaid tail. o:)

Would one of these work?
    http://coupurelectrique.tumblr.com/post/157580486263/the-little-mermaid-ariel-costumes-doll-toy
    http://coupurelectrique.tumblr.com/post/156416379948/toddler-mermaid-conversion-category-bottom
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Would one of these work?
    http://coupurelectrique.tumblr.com/post/157580486263/the-little-mermaid-ariel-costumes-doll-toy
    http://coupurelectrique.tumblr.com/post/156416379948/toddler-mermaid-conversion-category-bottom

Oh.. My.. God.. I did not know this would actually be a thing! Thankyou so much, my sims offspring will definitely wear these. Sad that toddlers can't swim, but poses can do their lil flippers justice.
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Ay, I love mermaids too :3
  • Options
    KinNissenKinNissen Posts: 1 New Member
    @Purrdalecki Can you downlode the cc? and where :open_mouth:
  • Options
    KinNissen wrote: »
    @Purrdalecki Can you downlode the cc? and where :open_mouth:

Hi @KinNissen if you check out Merman Simmer's studio on sims 4 studio, you will find his custom content there. You will have to download a sim feet remover too though because otherwise the sims feet clip through the tail.

His studio: sims4studio.com/thread/7608/merman-simmer-studio
    Foot remover: https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-shoes-female-teenadultelder/title/no-foot-mod/id/1316568/
  • Options
    UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    > @Purrdalecki said:
    > Bump with my new mermaid. I had already made her before, but she wasn't a mermaid, and I didn't know to do with her.
    >
    > Her name is Darla Mae McWilliams. Darla Mae is all her first name, bc we can't have middle names anddd double first names sound cool (she responds to Darla Mae.) Poses in both pics and scale bra are also by Merman Simmer, mimicking H2O cast poses (when they do powers and how they pose on promo pics.)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > P.S if first pic looks bad is bc I'm terrible at editing and I wanted her freckles to show better, so it is over sharpened in the face and I can't use HQ mod bc not all my cc I like is compatible with it.

How did you get the legs not to glitch?
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
  • Options
    @chickensicle Hi, how do you mean? I didn't make the tail so I'm not sure of how it completely works but I think it's basically like a sim is wearing a skirt - except it's a tail. Normally the feet would clip through the tail, unless you use a foot remover I posted above. The "foot remover" does not actually remove the sims feet, just makes the sims feet invisible, so they can still walk and move around. You need the foot remover too so that the feet don't show through the tail. You do have to apply the mermaid tail and foot remover to every outfit category if you want your sim to have a mermaid tail all the time, but be warned just that the tail will clip into the ground whilst they walk because the fluke (the flippers or whatever you call it at the end of the tail) passes the length of the sims feet. If you want to make your sims feet visible, either take off the "foot remover" (it's under shoes) or change the shoes that your sim is wearing.

I have not seen any glitches with the tail so far, but I imagine if your sims did an animation with their legs very far apart it might look weird - Idk what would happen exactly, like if sims do that animation where they jump into the air with their legs apart like the animation from the good trait in CAS.. But sims don't do that much so you can ignore it if it does happen.