Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WA question: completing a tomb

JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
Hi, my sim has the LTW to complete 6 tombs on each location. Now, I wonder if it's necessary to always get that notification, because as I remember from the past I often don't, even when I'm convinced they've been in every room (checking that even in build mode). My sim did the - very easy - tomb of discovery in Egypt and didn't get the notification. I never really cared about this before, but of course now I do because I want her to fulfill that lifetime wish. Are there people with experience regarding this? Am I overlooking something?
5JZ57S6.png

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am only just getting into WA myself, but as I was doing my pre-play reading, I think I recall coming across a discussion on Carl's (perhaps in the comments on dungeon exploration) that some tombs are bugged, and require either MA zen teleportation or cheating to complete. I'll try to dig up the specific reference, if I can.
  • Options
    SqueemotasticSqueemotastic Posts: 25 Member
    I have completed this LTW many times. Your explorer will very often roll a wish to "fully explore a tomb". If you catch that and lock it in you will know for sure that you have done it. It is usually worth a bunch of points too, so that helps pick up rewards that will help in exploration. I find that buying the moodlet manager is super helpful. It is easy to lose track of your explorers needs, and the moodlet manager can eliminate the need to sleep in the middle of a tomb exploration! Any time I try to rest in a mummy case my sim gets bounced to a random location - sometimes outside of the tomb. (There are more than 6 tombs in each location so you can technically fulfill her LTW without completing each tomb, but that's not how I want to play! Kind of a control freak lol!)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks both for your responses!
    @Sindocat Yes, I think that refers to the fact some corridors are too narrow to go through, but that has never stopped me in the past ;) I've always figured that maybe I missed a room somewhere (which is easily overlooked, they are very well hidden sometimes). But I'm 100% convinced that didn't happen here, because like I said it's an easy tomb, the first one. And I've checked it through a walkthrough (Arthur Adventurson), I didn't miss anything. Which made me suspicious (like I said I never really cared before but now it's important obviously, so I wondered if it might be a glitch and not just me missing rooms).
    @Squeemotastic Thanks for that tip, I'll make sure to do that (the complete tomb wish). Not sure what the moodlet manager is? But my sim has her sleeping bag (and a tent, in case there's room for that), she has a steel bladder and she has dried food, so I think that won't be a problem ;) I love them sleeping in a tomb, I always lose track of time down there, as do they, so they sleep when they're really tired. Not paying any attention to what time it is. Previous adventurers have slept in sarcophaguses as well by the way, I never had that issue fortunately.

ETA: ah, I've looked it up, the moodlet manager is a LTR!
    5JZ57S6.png