Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where can I find...?

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    I have another thing to ask for. :D
    I have wanted something like that for ages but never found it - a functional, inflatable pool.

It should look somewhat like this one:
    intex_easy_jet_pool_gross_02.jpg

Does anyone know if there exists something like that for Sims 2? :)

And if it doesn't, would it be possible to transform this base game hot tub into an inflatable pool and do you know anyone that would be capable of doing that?
    235?cb=20140619003043

I reckon this would be possible, but it would require lot manipulation and the inflatable pool would need to be a prop. Let me see if I can create an elevated indoor round pool... if so, the inflatable object design is trivial... it's the build that would be challenging. :smile:
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @nanashi-sims Oooh that would be cool if you could come up with something. Thanks for trying! :)
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @nanashi-sims
    That would be awesome, thank you very much for trying. :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @nanashi-sims

I third that thank you for trying as if it could work it would be wonderful in game :)
  • Options
    @JULES1111 @Nindl @nanashi-sims

I just found this hobo style hot tub while looking for something else and wondered if the general shape could be used to make the pool? Creator HugeLunatic over at MTS.

k3oirq.jpg

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409503
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Nice! I think the shape looks really good, instead of the wooden step ladder a white platic one could be made and the tub could be recoloured into its typical blue. :)
    Only negative thing is that it doesn't look "inflated" if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    @Nindl

I just thought as this already has hot tub animations it has obviously been tweaked for sims use the small stepladder to get in/out so ladders/point of entry should be able to be changed again as the animation is already there. Also although I know nothing whatsoever about meshing etc perhaps the exterior could be made blue with a white ridge around the top of the tub to give the illusion of insulated type fabric. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it could work as I would really enjoy using a remodelled item such as this as well :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @JULES1111 @Nindl @nanashi-sims

I just found this hobo style hot tub while looking for something else and wondered if the general shape could be used to make the pool? Creator HugeLunatic over at MTS.

k3oirq.jpg

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409503

Ah, leave it to HugeLunatic! S/he's one of my favourite creators. Let me see her creator policy. If she's OK with cloning, then I'll create a hot tub version first, then you guys can test it out and decide if this is sufficient or if you still want a tiny pool.

Edit: verified and it's OK for me to clone :smile:
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims

squeals in delight and it wasn't even my request :) Thank you so much for offering to do this and will be happy to test when the time comes :) I also agree with your sentiments concerning HugeLunatic :)
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims
    Awesome!! :smiley:
    I agree with @SPARKY1922 ! Thank you very much for doing this. :)
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims Oh cool! I too love HugeLunatic, I have so many of his/her CC, it is insane! So glad you get to clone it, that should make things easier. Again thank you for taking this on, I will be more then happy to test when you get it done. :)

@SPARKY1922 Nice find!
  • Options
    @JULES1111

Thanks isn't it always the way when you are desperately searching for one thing you find another :)
  • Options
    Hello, I have something to do this evening and will need to work on this tomorrow or next week, but before I add the ladders and tubes, please let me know if what I've done so far is what you guys are looking for. Now is the time to make suggestions, otherwise you'll get what you see :neutral:

inflate_preview.jpg

BTW: The white part is maxis's/HugeLunatic's water and hot tub foam, I won't be editing that because it has the hot tub animations, and I know nothing about how to edit animations!
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims
    It looks awesome! Even with simlish font, so cool! Can't wait till it's done. I still can't believe you are actually creating this, this has been a wish of mine for years - thanks so much again. :)
  • Options
    Nindl wrote: »
    @nanashi-sims

It looks awesome! Even with simlish font, so cool! Can't wait till it's done. I still can't believe you are actually creating this, this has been a wish of mine for years - thanks so much again. :)

Cheers. I'll wait until tomorrow for feedback, but if there is none then I will go ahead and place the ladders. Here is a screenshot where the ladders must be positioned for the animations to work like the HugeLunatic hot tub. I reckoned I would make a short ladder and then one ladder like the picture depending on clipping. If there is too much clipping in the gameplay, then I will make 2 short plastic ladders. I'll also be adding two tubes and connecting them to the pump that HL created to save time of creating a pump if that is okay with you guys.

inflate_ladders.jpg
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims That looks awesome! Please don't feel the need to rush or anything. We know you have other things to do and other projects you are working on. I appreciate you taking any time to do this. Yes it is fine with me if you use HugeLunatic's pump. Whatever makes it easier for you. The ladders will be fine either way, so don't worry about going out of your way for those either. :)
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims

I can only agree with everyone else it looks awesome and so very close to @Nindl's initial vision however as @JULES1111 states don't rush as we all understand how busy you are and always take that into account :)
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @nanashi-sims
    It looks absolutely amazing, just as I have imagined it! So cool. :smile:
  • Options
    Hi guys, just an update:

I need to update the tubes before I texture them. They are too thick :unamused: I ended up making the pump since I didn't realise that HL's pump was a kettle *lol* Here's a photo with the ladders and to super fat tubes. After I do the fix, I'll post this for you guys to test or keep if there are no issues.

inflate_tubes.jpg
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims
    Great update! It looks amazing, you did a really good job on the ladders and the rest looks realistic and nice as well! :)
    Can't wait to test it out. ;)
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims

wow that looks amazing I love the look of the whole thing I too am looking forward to testing :)
  • Options
    Oh that looks awesome! You did a great job! A kettle? LOL now that is interesting.. Thanks again for taking this on.
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @nanashi-sims
    Omg it's so great!
    I can't wait until its done and ready to test. :smiley:
    You do a very good job. :smile:
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims
    Sorry to tag you like that and I don't want to sound annoying or put pressure on you at all, but I just wondered if / hoped that you are still working on the inflatable pool? :)
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Just saw this thread. @nanashi-sims. That is really cool! I wish it was possible for me to download it, but I've had so many issues trying to do downloads CC that I gave up.