Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guessing Family GP features based on teaser trailer screenshot

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully the backpack and school supplies are on the floor as an example that parents can now tell children to clean up their mess please let it be that. With those Christmas lights I hope its a sign that this pack will add in holidays that can be celebrated with family maybe we can finally see the return of gift giving, IMO both of these ideas would fit a family pack perfectly. Now if only the "teen" was writing in her diary and children had the option to read it and anger the teen if caught.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    Fingers crossed for something to do with afterschool activities.

Maybe more child traits? :D

It might be a little ambitious but a new life state would be fun too. Imaginary friends are the most obvious ones I could think of, but I would really love werewolves or witches. It's not likely but I can dream!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Are the mum's jeans new content? I love them - I would like to buy something similar IRL but have yet to find any that both suit me and are a price I'm willing to pay - and don't recall seeing them in the packs I own. I have all EPs, all GPs except the restaurant one and no SPs.

All the clothes and hairs are new, aren't they?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd love more child traits. I don't want imaginary friends back though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I'd love more child traits. I don't want imaginary friends back though.

That imaginary friend gave me the willies. There was something about it that just didn't sit right with me. Maybe it was how it grew with your kid and, at some point, you could marry it. Too weird for me.
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member

It might be a little ambitious but a new life state would be fun too. Imaginary friends are the most obvious ones I could think of, but I would really love werewolves or witches. It's not likely but I can dream!

More traits are so badly needed in general! I wish they'd more than the one or two we've been getting in the EPs or the occasional GP where they'd added traits. :/
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »

More traits are so badly needed in general! I wish they'd more than the one or two we've been getting in the EPs or the occasional GP where they'd added traits. :/

Oh yes, we definitely need more traits! And Aspirations. Can't forget those! It gets so boring completing the same ones over and over.
  • Options
    spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    the teens hair has some coloring in it!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    The trailer tells us nothing. I think the reason is that the pack will focus on interactions and activities (rather than objects or stuff), which is harder to show in a 2-second teaser.

I have high hopes for this pack. Hopefully they will bring back some actual group games for kids, like playing tag, hopscotch, catch, water balloons, hide and seek, cops and robbers, etc. It's so sad to see the children at the park, the only different thing they can do is play on the playground equipment (which again is very limited). The rest of the stuff (e.g. play horseshoes, play chess, etc.) can be done by any sim. Kids are too serious in this game. They need to loosen up a bit. I miss seeing kids running around and acting like kids.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I like the idea of the after school activities, haven't thought of that. They're very good at giving us nothing with these teasers, I hope we get a proper trailer soon, hopefully this week or maybe the beginning of next week.

The purpose of these teasers is really just to show us what packs are coming in that quarter, they're not supposed to show us pack features or anything like that.

True but that adult female hair is new. It's the toddler female hair for adults.

I wish I could be excited for that, I downloaded a CC conversion for it like the day after toddlers were released.
    It's nice for players who don't like CC, but... eh. It's really boring that one of the hairstyles I'm paying for is something I already got for free.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I personally feel it will be a pack on parents and child relationship or School.
    I don't think it would be gradual aging as that would be hard to insert into a game already made, and then, why in a game pack, that would be weird. I think it could have a semi Active School where maybe you get to see what they are up to and semi control them. I also would love a rewards/punishment system, I feel it could be nice to have, but if you don't want punishments you don't have to use them. What if there are like a Family Rules Chart and you can make rules like the clubs, etc. if a family member doesn't follow them they get punished, or a Class rules.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the idea of a Family Rules chart similar to the club rules -- you could have things like curfew times (separate for children and teens), allowed behaviors (be Friendly to everyone) and disallowed (no Troll Teh Forums) and punishments if you're caught doing something against the rules (like no computer use, with options greyed out if the offender is the Active Sim and clicks on the computer).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    To me i see family hobbies when i look at the image from the teaser trailer.
  • Options
    hitomieyeshitomieyes Posts: 108 Member
    5th game pack trailor too late (T0T)
    make me crazy
    I am so out of curiosity!
    I am really, really excited
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    Teacher career? After the update we were able to use " Ask about Teachers " in social interactions.
  • Options
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    @Nephilim you inspired me to check the coding via S4S, and I found this:

Jwe8MdV.jpg

So at the very least a new career... perhaps an active career?

Oooh Oooh! Mister Kotter! Mister Kotter!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Jwe8MdV.jpg

If this has anything to do with new content I sure hope its not in the family game pack but in a school game pack of its own both themes need done right.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member

Jwe8MdV.jpg

Oh, that's v interesting indeed! Great catch! :)
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

Jwe8MdV.jpg

thats exciting!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Jwe8MdV.jpg

I've quickly checked some of these and they have been in the game since Feb, 2016 so perhaps it's not GP4 related.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Neia wrote: »

Jwe8MdV.jpg

I've quickly checked some of these and they have been in the game since Feb, 2016 so perhaps it's not GP4 related.

They look like they're from popups that you get when kids are in school?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    [quote="luthienrising;c-15752969"][quote="Neia;c-15752839"][quote="BooV7227;c-15751809"]@Nephilim you inspired me to check the coding via S4S, and I found this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Jwe8MdV.jpg[/img]

So at the very least a new career... perhaps an active career? [/quote]

I've quickly checked some of these and they have been in the game since Feb, 2016 so perhaps it's not GP4 related.[/quote]

They look like they're from popups that you get when kids are in school? [/quote]

But it says "goal-goal; Ask teacher for advice" that seems like a social interaction?
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Jwe8MdV.jpg

The two buffs about disobeying the teacher look like that indeed, but there's no chance card that use them at the moment.

The rest seems to be tied to a Art Teacher (there's also a Art Student) but nothing is using it either.

I checked again and they existed even back when we got the first SP, so it's most likely some content that was never fully implemented.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

Jwe8MdV.jpg

The two buffs about disobeying the teacher look like that indeed, but there's no chance card that use them at the moment.

The rest seems to be tied to a Art Teacher (there's also a Art Student) but nothing is using it either.

I checked again and they existed even back when we got the first SP, so it's most likely some content that was never fully implemented.

That bit about the art teacher would explain the art desk and paintings in the trailer...