Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A vampire broke into my house!!

I'm shocked! I always thought "a vampire breaking in" was a bug on community lots! And now it has really happened in my private house. A young vampire entered my house with terrifying music, walked upstairs in creepy mode, hypnotized my sleeping wife and drunk her empty!

0105171218rtvk78wqzn.jpg

This has never ever happened in my game and it was the most frightening thing I ever saw in any Sims iteration. I LOVE IT!!

BTW, the vampire is looking so hot, who knows what will happen now <3 ?

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    No it's not a bug lol :) There is a reward trait you can choose that allows them to come into houses, once you have gotten to a certain level. In case you ever want to stop them, click on a planter or a computer and buy garlic seeds to plant. They won't go near it.
    I agree it is pretty cool
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    This has happened to me as well :joy: The first time I thought it was really cool, the husband decided to become a vampire hunter. But last time my poor sim got attacked twice during one gaming session! Does the garlic really stop the attack?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    No it's not a bug lol :) There is a reward trait you can choose that allows them to come into houses, once you have gotten to a certain level. In case you ever want to stop them, click on a planter or a computer and buy garlic seeds to plant. They won't go near it.
    Interesting - so npc vampires get this reward trait too.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This has happened to me as well :joy: The first time I thought it was really cool, the husband decided to become a vampire hunter. But last time my poor sim got attacked twice during one gaming session! Does the garlic really stop the attack?

Unless the vampire has garlic immunity, garlic does indeed prevent the attack.

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    Interesting - so npc vampires get this reward trait too.

As far as I know that's how it's supposed to work. There was a kink or two in the beginning but I believe they have been worked out. Vlad is the only one in my game that has this trait so he is the only one that I see going in houses.
    calaprfy wrote: »

Unless the vampire has garlic immunity, garlic does indeed prevent the attack.

Yes, the vampire can't t have the trait that makes them immune to garlic. The best way, is to get you vampire lore skill up then make wreaths and garlands out of the garlic. You have to have a computer to start the vampire lore skill.
  • Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    Keep in mind some vampires require more garlic than others to keep away. Vlad will say this if he breaks in. He will say something like you will need a lot of garlic to keep me away.
    I originally thought one little garlic strand would do it. I noticed when vampires come knock on the door, (not to break in), some were bothered by the strand and others were not. I added more garlic objects and it began to affect the vampires that weren't bothered before.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Happen to my guy once. Was Vlad of all sims and he apparently really enjoyed the taste. Jokes on him though: Usually when he's hunting, my sims are awake getting ready for school/work (4am yeah I know) and in that case, he won't attack because there are people up. I don't think any vampire is that brazen to try and attack while the kids and spouse are up.

Also, for anyone that wants to test the garlic thing, there's a house in the hollow covered in garlic if you want to try it out without the garlic wreaths. My vampire sim has the immunity because, story-wise, he's semi-vegan so he's used to eating garlic and veggies, building up his immune system.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    One of my favorite features from the vampire game pack. I just love randomness like this.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2017
    Actually, it's a Vampire power, not a reward trait. ;)

Any NPC vampire generated can roll that dice and have it. It was an elder NPC that came into a household save that I wasn't allowing anything to do with Vamps.
    I was experimenting with toddlers in a household with Grandma, Mom and 6 kids (5 of them started as toddlers). This left Mom on the couch because their wasn't enough room for a bed for her in this tiny home.
    Almost every night, 1 of 3 (there were at least 3) Vamps would knock on the door (including Caleb). This guy had previously knocked, but one night, he just strolled on in. So, that means even though they have the power, they don't always autonomously use it.
    He chose Mom as a target, but apparently, the nap interaction can't be broken by Vamps. He waited a while and after she didn't get up, he decided to raid my fridge. Well, he started heaving. I knew it wasn't Mom's cooking! Not only did this putz have Eternally Welcome, he also had Withered Stomach! He went back for seconds and ended up making offerings to the porcelain goddess.
    I was hoping he would hang out long enough to fry trying to get away, but no, he was able to leave. I guess he decided trying to be aggressive wasn't going to work, so he was back to knocking the very next night!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I've noticed if you lock your door for everyone but your household it seems to stop the vamps. I saw Vlad in the hallway of the apt my sim was living in and quick locked the door and he just disappeared. I thought it may be a fluke but in my recent save the same thing happened with Lilith in the hallway and she also disappeared as soon as I locked the door.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I keep my doors locked too and they've never been able to get in. If the bed is against an outside wall they'll hypnotize them through the wall, but they still can't seem to come inside. They usually give up after a while and leave. In one of my saves after Vlad gave up, instead of leaving, he spent the rest of the night playing with the cowplant.
    I have a garlic wreath in every bedroom and that does the trick.

Another trick is to never have all your sims sleeping through the night. Vampires won't visit if someone is awake (this excludes the butler).
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2017

For me I never chose such a trait and the vampire still got through and if EA/Maxis is relying on tradition lore about vampires, a vampire cannot enter one's domain w/o an invitation from one of the residents. UPDATE: Read that vampires that possess the "Eternally Welcome" trait can enter whether doors are locked or not. It sucks for me but oh well. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I still Wish vampires could lure sims out of the house and not only break in.
    I like the idea of the Vampire finding a shady secluded area of the neighborhood, near the house.
    and then using their power of hypnotics to lure the human out, and take their blood, and the sim wakes up confused outside where the Vampire lured them too the next morning.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

This has never ever happened in my game and it was the most frightening thing I ever saw in any Sims iteration. I LOVE IT!!

BTW, the vampire is looking so hot, who knows what will happen now <3 ?

The op took a surprising turn! Usually, folks hate the vamp break-ins :lol::joy:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member

It actually doesn't depend on the power. Even vampires without the power can break in your sim house.
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Just put a bunch of garlic plants in front of the entrances to your house; the vamp should leave before getting too close to your sim. You don't have to put garlic in every room.
    I began a new game and immediately deleted all the premade vampires. Yes, the game does still generate vampires and yes, they do come knocking. I even invited some in because I never knew they were vampires (they had no dark form) until they began hissing. But I've yet to see sims attacked at night. I'm having a sim learn to make garlic wreaths so I can fit them on the community lots. This should make spotting vampires easier, right?
  • SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    So far I've only had that happen one time. The vampire just said "hey" to one of the sims then played on the family computer all night. A little anticlimactic.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I still Wish vampires could lure sims out of the house and not only break in.
    I like the idea of the Vampire finding a shady secluded area of the neighborhood, near the house.
    and then using their power of hypnotics to lure the human out, and take their blood, and the sim wakes up confused outside where the Vampire lured them too the next morning.

I had a Vampire come into the apartment use hypnotics to lure my sim outside then drank him dry. Next night a different Vampire just sucked him dry in the apartment. We now have garlic growing and the attacks have stopped
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I am shocked your so shocked it happened.
    It is a vampire pack after all...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited September 2017
    *edit* Nevermind to my question. D: Didn't realize that someone bumped the thread; this was back in May.

I have a question for OP; did you ever interact with the vampire before this event occurred? Or Vlad? Vlad has knocked on my Sims door before. But has never been "invited" in. Nor has my Sim ever interacted with Vlad. Also -- I want to note -- that another Vampire came by the same night, maybe an hour after Vlad and knocked on my Sims door. I never greeted the vampire and they just went away.

I ask because I was curious if you had ever interacted with any Vampire before this happened, because I've noticed other players saying that a vampire has broken in. But this has never happened to my Sims and I wondered if interacting causes it, just trying to figure out what 'triggers' this. Because I've never had an issue with vampires like other players have experienced.

I'm not against vampires and I don't hate them, or not want to experience their game play. But -- at the time -- I didn't want to involve a vampire into my Sims house so I just ignored them when they knocked on the door and while I did get the "I have a lovely neck " message, that's about all the experience I've got from the vampires.

I guess I'm just curious how players are having vampires "intrude" their Sims homes and why it's not happening in my game. Not saying that because of no interaction is the key because I'm sure others that don't want vampires at all try to steer clear but somehow still end up having this issue (?) - I say issue because some don't like it, some do.

I'm just curious of the events before and trying to find a conclusion for myself. :)
    Post edited by OneAdorkableGirl on
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2017
    I remember being actually alarmed seeing a Sim walk in a very creepy way towards and inside my house. It proceeded to feed off of my Sim's girlfriend while he was sleeping and then left. I agree, Vampire break-ins are awesome. My Sim, thanks to the help of a certain violence mod, has become a Vampire Hunter. Now, he's trying to raise a family while protecting them from break-ins.

But when his kids become of age, it'll be time to form a Vampire Hunting group.
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Aha, I had the Grand Master (Vladislaus Straud) try to break into my home, but due to it being fenced off, he just stood there for hours....Singing.

A man that spooked the daylights out of me, was singing, and he didn't even try to come in using his powers.

I had to eventually make my grand master vampire (pictured in my avatar) that was on the lot use his powers to force him to leave (my male sim also had 2 toddlers -that were vampires- with my female sim who was the only one that wasn't a vampire)

We made garlic braids soon after that...