Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimPE Help Please

elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 2
Hi folks,

I am trying to fix my SimPe so that it shows up all the missing objects in the recolour wizard. I found out that it does not link properly to the EPs and SPs if you have the Ultimate Collection through Origin and you have to manually go in and link the folders properly.

I started to do this, as follows:
09%20MAnsion.JPG?dl=0

The trouble is, I cannot for the life of me find some of the SPs.
SP5 and 7 are under Business (and also VP6, whatever the heck that is)
SP4 is under Double Deluxe
SP1 and 9 are under Pets
SP6 and 8 are under Uni (and also another VP6...?)

That leaves 2 and 3 missing... any ideas please?

Edit: are 2 and 3 perhaps the VP6 ones? If so, how do I know which is which?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    OK, never mind... I think I got most of it sorted out now!! I was a little confused because Happy Holiday Stuff is listed as being released twice, but I figured out for my version it is SP3.

SP2 is therefore Glamour Life and, for some reason, it has its very own folder - so I have found them all except Happy Holiday Stuff.

I am not bothered about recolouring those objects, so if nobody knows anyway then just ignore this thread. Maybe the mods can come along and delete it please!! Thanks.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2017
    Holiday Stuff are two files in the Base Game files. I don't have the UC installed right now but go to the Base game files and then ..TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

H05.bundle.package
    H06.bundle.package

*Many of the expansions were bundled with 2 SPs later in the series, and that's what they put in the UC- probably because those are patched versions. :)

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Oooh, I've gotta set up SimPE... thanks for reminding me!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    OK, more help required if anyone knows...

I downloaded a lovely little barefoot dress, which I wanted to use as a nightie for sleep (it is maternity). Maybe I am using the wrong code... it was set at maternity everyday and I changed it to maternity sleep as follows (changing each colour of it individually):

Maternity%20PJ.JPG?dl=0

But... it is still showing up as an everyday item and not a sleep item! Any ideas?
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    OK, more help required if anyone knows...

I downloaded a lovely little barefoot dress, which I wanted to use as a nightie for sleep (it is maternity). Maybe I am using the wrong code... it was set at maternity everyday and I changed it to maternity sleep as follows (changing each colour of it individually):

Maternity%20PJ.JPG?dl=0

But... it is still showing up as an everyday item and not a sleep item! Any ideas?

Sorry, I don't know anything about clothing :disappointed:
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited May 2017
    @elanorbreton I have only ever done this with the wardrobe wrangler, but there are some threads on MTS that might help.

All of this looks to be mildly old, so it might not 100% match the simPE version you're using, but if you backed up before you started the project you might be able to get there eventually.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @elanorbreton I have only ever done this with the wardrobe wrangler, but there are some threads on MTS that might help.

All of this looks to be mildly old, so it might not 100% match the simPE version you're using, but if you backed up before you started the project you might be able to get there eventually.

That was the software. I remembered there was a program to let you sort clothes, but couldn't recall which program it was for the life of me. Thank you for posting that @Scribal_Goddess. Very useful!