Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we will get information?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2017
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I think there will be another week or two until we hear anything.

I calculated release as 5-6 weeks away (end of May/start of June) when Ninja made his "few weeks" until more info comment, which means no info 'til at least mid-May.

I'm thinking next week. You know the Plantsim Challenge ends this week. I believe that's what the hold up was.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It will be delivered by a stork on Maprilvember, but only if it's raining on a cloudy day, in the middle of June, under a September haze.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I calculated release as 5-6 weeks away (end of May/start of June) when Ninja made his "few weeks" until more info comment, which means no info 'til at least mid-May.

I'm thinking next week. You know the Plantsim Challenge ends this week. I believe that's what the hold up was.
    I fail to see how the PlantSim challenge would have any impact on the release of any info on Family, CLP. Simply because I would think that it would be the marketing department that would handle the release of all Pack info at Maxis. And plus isn't SimGuruDrake the one that usually handles all the in-game challenges?
    I saw that post that mentions more info on Family in a few weeks again today. A few weeks to me would be three weeks or less, and we about to the third week.
  • Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    I just really hope we get some info soon, the suspension is killing me! Unfortunately I am not a patient person :D
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    nity01 wrote: »
    I just really hope we get some info soon, the suspension is killing me! Unfortunately I am not a patient person :D
    nity01 wrote: »

At least we know its a family game pack coming next, just wanting to know what's included, hoping for another expansion pack announcement :*
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

It

I fail to see how the PlantSim challenge would have any impact on the release of any info on Family, CLP. Simply because I would think that it would be the marketing department that would handle the release of all Pack info at Maxis. And plus isn't SimGuruDrake the one that usually handles all the in-game challenges?
    I saw that post that mentions more info on Family in a few weeks again today. A few weeks to me would be three weeks or less, and we about to the third week.

They might not want to distract from the challenge "hype" by announcing the new content; the challenge ends today in just a few hours. It also might depend on the planned release date if you figure about 2 weeks between the official announcement/trailer and release. May 29th is a holiday in the United States (Memorial Day) so EA offices will be closed that day. If they want to release the pack before the holiday (so they don't have it hanging over their heads) they could announce the pack as late as next week. If it's after the holiday then we might have to wait another week or so before the official announcement.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    I've said this before, but I think we will get more information by the week starting May 15

What we know:
    1. we know the teaser covers the April-June quarter.
    2. We know a SP will be coming after the GP.

So, let's take the worst case scenario and suppose the SP is released on June 30 (i.e. last day of the quarter; after all the bowling SP was released just at the end of the last quarter). I've taken a look at past releases, and there's usually at least an entire month between releases (e.g. Perfect Patio was released June 16, 2015; followed by Spa Day on July 14 and then Cool Kitchen on August 11). So that means the new GP should probably be released on the last week of May. GPs are released on Tuesdays, so the most likely release date will be May 30(i.e. one month before the end of the quarter, so they have time to market and release the SP).

Since GPs have a two week promotional period, that means we should get a trailer by mid May at the latest. So my best guess is the trailer will be released around May 15.
  • Options
    I've said this before, but I think we will get more information by the week starting May 15

What we know:

So, let's take the worst case scenario and suppose the SP is released on June 30 (i.e. last day of the quarter; after all the bowling SP was released just at the end of the last quarter). I've taken a look at past releases, and there's usually at least an entire month between releases (e.g. Perfect Patio was released June 16, 2015; followed by Spa Day on July 14 and then Cool Kitchen on August 11). So that means the new GP should probably be released on the last week of May. GPs are released on Tuesdays, so the most likely release date will be May 30(i.e. one month before the end of the quarter, so they have time to market and release the SP).

Since GPs have a two week promotional period, that means we should get a trailer by mid May at the latest. So my best guess is the trailer will be released around May 15.

I'm hoping info is on May 10th. I don't think I can wait another week.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

What we know:

I'm hoping info is on May 10th. I don't think I can wait another week.

It's perfectly possible that we'll get info next week (I hope so too)! But if we don't, at least we will know (almost for certain) that it won't be long since they should release the trailer the following week at the latest.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Just a teaser is all I need to get through this weekend. Just one 10-15 second clip is all I need XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Just a teaser is all I need to get through this weekend. Just one 10-15 second clip is all I need XD

Yup, even if it's just a small teaser it will still leave me happy, since then I atleast know a bit more. However, I think we'll go empty-handed this weekend. The struggles of a simmer. :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    We all agree that any teaser no matter on how small or large it is we'll be happy xD
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    Cross your fingers for Monday and Tuesday for the teaser trailer and the trailer.
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member

What we know:

I fully agree with this. It's very likely the SP will be released by the end of June. If you look at the trailer, it says that the SP will be released in Summer 2017. That could mean after June 21st. Your observation that there is usually a month between releases seems correct and that would indeed mean the GP will be released in the last week of May. This would be May 30th. This would also mean that the week of May 15th would be the last possible week for the release of a trailer. And this is indeed the worst case scenario and it is still possible we will get a trailer next week.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So, not tweet Friday...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Nothing today on the SimGuru Twitter other than the forums going down at 1pm Pacific (it's currently 11:30). Guess I'll either have to go play my game or actually talk to my husband. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Maybe we will get something on Thursday? That's another day for announcements right?
  • Options
    I don't think Monday is any day to upload a trailer or something, it's usually Tuesdays or Thursdays, am I right?
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    Maybe today. Probebly not but the bowling teaser trailer was released on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Normally we get news/trailers on a Tuesday,Thursday depending on the guru's. I do think its normally Thursdays then the release is Tuesday...then again bowling night came out on a Wednesday.
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited May 2017
    @SimGuruNinja has an interesting new twitter profile pic. I think it ~could~ be related to this topic. *starts getting excited*
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    @SimGuruNinja has an interesting new twitter profile pic. I think it ~could~ be related to this topic. *starts to get excited*

*looks at new profile pic* I think I see some new facial hair and..acne? Kind of reminds me of when a teen first goes through puberty and gets that little bit of facial hair XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja has an interesting new twitter profile pic. I think it ~could~ be related to this topic. *starts to get excited*

*looks at new profile pic* I think I see some new facial hair and..acne? Kind of reminds me of when a teen first goes through puberty and gets that little bit of facial hair XD

!!!

screenshot from Twitter:
    34170032230_8607e1f88e_z.jpg
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja's new profile pic is interesting.

tRAFqCA7.jpg

It shows :

-acne
    -new facial hair ( finally, and it's even a style I wanted for a long time now, the typical teen "peach fuzz" )
    -a new hairstyle
    -a small bit of a new hoodie ( which I'm also super happy about because dang we needed some variety there )

Is that a new eye color? I don't think we have that one.
    1FKDfKj.png