Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how often do you move houses?

Β«1
I swear I get bored of my sims living quarters way too easily. A lot of it may have to do with my obsession of watching "Let's Builds" on YouTube so i'm watching so many gorgeous houses being built and I picture my sims living there. I can enjoy a new house for my Sims but after 30 sim days i'm already getting the itch to have my sims move to something different.

what about you?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My problem is that I get bored with playing with a single household for every long. Oh there are a few that keep my interest for the first generation or two. But usually on the homes, once I move a sim into a location I'll only change up lots if it is easier to just move than to work on building it.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I seem to move my Sims quite a bit ... mostly because the housing needs of a Sim I'm playing change ... newly single, then they get married and start a family etc.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    The sims that I actively play don't move often at all. I play rotationally and I like the feeling of going back where I left them and catching up with their stuff. The neighbourhood and surroundings are part of how I play those sims. Their children usually move out (except maybe one stays), but I don't think I've ever had an established couple move away from their house. Of course I might do this in the future, I just got an idea of the elderly sims moving to the city and leaving their house for their child to live in.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I rarely have sims move, unless they are moving out of their parental home. I tend to renovate houses more than move sims to new ones. Though of course occasionally sims move if they need a bigger house.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LivstmeLivstme Posts: 47 Member
    I think I've only moved houses in the sims 2 since I got the game in September
    I don't even redecorate that often - I'm on the 3rd generation in the same house and I've only changed 1 room and added the paintings my sim made
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I rarely move a family since I opt for renovating whenever the family grows or when I get tired of the furniture. I rotate too, so I end up getting used to where certain families live that it's kinda weird when they live on a different lot.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I tend to stick to the same lot and then renovate the house once the family grows/when I get bored of the current design. I do move around more in my rotational save, though.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I swear I get bored of my sims living quarters way too easily. A lot of it may have to do with my obsession of watching "Let's Builds" on YouTube so i'm watching so many gorgeous houses being built and I picture my sims living there. I can enjoy a new house for my Sims but after 30 sim days i'm already getting the itch to have my sims move to something different.

what about you?

+1

I'm forever growing tired and moving on. I should probably dabble in rotational play.

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I move house all the time, not because I'm bored, I just never feel that the house fits my characters.
  • SshayRSshayR Posts: 44 Member
    I usually move my Sims up. I'll start off with one sim living in a one bedroom, then move him/her to a two bed room if they're dating someone.then I'll try to build a home if I'm planning on then having a home. So I nave at least 3-4 times in my game depending on how much progress my son has made this far
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I don't move lot, but I do change houses. I either renovate the one they're already living in or build a new one/download one from the gallery. The only time I ever really move lot is when they need a bigger one to fit a bigger house, or if I'm moving out some sims and want to carry on playing as them. In TS3 however I used to jump from lot-to-lot constantly but I don't really like doing that in TS4 because there aren't as many of them.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    if I'm playing a collector or gardener I will move them from one neighbourhood to another so they can collect everything and grow everything, though I recently found its easier to harvest the plants at the romance and spice festivals, and buy others from oasis springs. But I diverse. recently I liked the house so much I uploaded it to my gallery and downloaded it into another hood. But usually I just add on to the house their living in, I like to see the ground level home grow. if I have to build up I get bored very quickly and go and play someone else. I really want bunkbeds so I don't have to build up.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    The house isn't furnished yet and I built a new house for the unborn heir, decided it was the wrong style, rebuilt, decided it was too big and have just rebuilt again although she's a child now. The current house is a Spanish style fairly big, family home, the first build is a modern cabin (was meant to be but too large for a cabin), the rebuild was a Victorian style house which has ended up with mansion proportions and the latest build is a Tudor style smaller build which is 26,750 simoleans on a lot with kitchen and basic bathroom built (as you'd get in a house you moved to). I daresay I'll be building again by the time I get to play the new house. I have a separate save for my Vampire Experiment sims, (I was checking ways they die etc) Subject One (vamp), Testa Mc Sidekick (Vamp) and Vampire Food (Human), which is now my building save.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I get easily tempted by gorgeous houses on the gallery that I want my sims to live in. I renovate their houses sometimes, but I'll move them entirely if I feel like it. That usually happens every 2nd or 3rd generation. One generation may have a very different style and taste than the last one, and it doesn't always make sense for them to live in the same house and area as their parents and grandparents.

@feetinstockings Do you really move your sims entirely for collecting, instead of just traveling? That sounds to me like a bit of an unnecessary hassle.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I make all of my families have 3 children. If I feel the home needs more room or bedrooms for these now 5 sims, I will move them. Happens mainly when I have sims living in the apartments. I end up moving them into homes.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I never move, I get more attached to houses than to families haha I often make the perfect house for that specific family, all the space is planned for their lifestyle, the bedrooms matchs each sim personality. I spend a unreasonable amount of time working on the details. So after everything is set and done, they better like it because they won't move anymore :p
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I rarely move them I just start a new household when I get bored with them....which is quite often.....
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I have my Sims stay in the same house for their whole life, unless they are moving out because they're old enough. I'm more into doing smaller renovations to build the house up the way I want to, that's just a personal preference.
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    all the time :)
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I like to make my houses based on the Sims I want to live there. Every piece of furniture is carefully picked to fit the style or personality of the Sim. This makes it very difficult for me to change houses. I grow attached to every house, just as I grow attached to my Sims. When I build a house for a young couple I usually leave two or three rooms empty, meant for future family expansion. I'm only planning to redecorate or rebuild when the original Sims that I built the house for die or when a Sim changes story wise, so the style doesn't fit the Sim or my plans for him/her any longer.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    If I start to get bored with a particular house, I simply do some remodeling, as in change the wall colors, the tile on the floors, that sort of thing. Generally, I build my own houses for my Sims to live in. I have particular favorites, too. For instance, the replica (or as close to the real deal I could get) of my Grand Aunt's house became my singer Sims house. When I brought him over to Sims4, I used him as my Legacy Challenge Founder. So, he built this same house. Since it was Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, and we're supposed to stay in the same house for the duration, I played all ten generations there.

Now, that it's done, I'm playing a rotation save from my own genealogical tree. I've got a picture of my seventh great-grandfather's house in the Shenandoah Valley back in the Colony of Virginia. I know the bottom floor was divided into four rooms. I've seen two different angles of the house. It's pretty basic, but I did put two bathrooms inside on the main floor. I know nothing about the other seventh great-grandfather's complex. Both were planters; both kept Taverns and Mercantiles. The second one also had a Black Smith shop on his grounds and a distillery.

So, I found a house that I liked and went from there. The eldest two children from these households married. He built them a cabin-like dwelling on a plat of land called the Long Meadows. I used my imagination on this. They married in 1761 and remained there until 1765, when they moved to another plat of land that he purchased. This was the rudimentary beginnings of New Market, Virginia, although he didn't register the town. Someone else did in 179-something. He was already long gone, having moved 300 miles southwest of the Valley. After they lived in New Market about five years, they moved to Millertown in Dunmore County. They stayed there for three years then left the colony. So, in playing this family, my Sims will be moving quite a bit. Their third child was born in New Market. I haven't yet worked out a plan for the Millertown house, but I'll come up with something.

In my other save, I've taken my singer Sim back in time to his teens. As I did with this family back in Sims2, they live in a rendition of the Wright Way house. A player created a replica of it for Sims3 (I wish I could recall that person's username. I only know it was the very first one I'd ever seen for Sims3) I'd give them a shout out. I scrupulously floor-by floor, room-by-room copied it onto graph paper. Then I built it in Sims4. I will slowly peal away the children as they become YA and marry. The best part of this family is that the only daughter married a man who inherited a castle. :) I love me my castles. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I like to build my own houses, then I make a household to fit the house. Most of the time I don't move my sims around. I do have a family that I've played the longest who became millionaires. They have lived in 3 houses and a penthouse apartment in San Myshuno.

I have two saves that are at maximum populations, there are families in all of the houses. Most of them are in their original homes. I think that I'll try moving my Sims around more often in my current save.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    My sims hardly ever move I like them to stay in the family home.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • amanda0396amanda0396 Posts: 1 New Member
    i've been playing the same family for 15 generations now and they've lived in 4 houses, 5 technically 'cause i bulldozed the lot and started over. It takes me a while to get tired of a house cause i usually change the layout a little bit with each generation based on how many kids, hobbies, etc.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Well, I've been playing sims and getting them that 'Always Welcome' reward so they are rare to never 'home' as they are living with other sims, using their beds and such, so never an issue! =P
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg