Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Makin' Stuff Game Pack

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I can't take credit for this idea. This is just something based on various suggestions I've seen floating around for the past several months here and there. It's just that I couldn't find a specific thread to link to, so I'm combining all the suggestions I've read here.

With this being said, I really love everyone's suggestions for adding arts and crafts to the game or something along those lines. Here is what I would like to see:

Activities:
  1. Pottery making
  2. Sewing and knitting
  3. Finding "junk" and renovating, repurposing or crafting beautiful items like lamps, end tables, etc.
  4. 3D print making (for more geek-oriented sims)
  5. Jewelry making
  6. Flower arranging (most requested)
  7. Artisanal foods
  8. Lemonade stand (for kids)
  9. Sculpting

New Careers:
  1. Fashion designer/tailor

Moneymaking opportunities:
  1. Ability to sell crafts online at an Etsy or Kickstarter-like store
  2. Completing clothes for clients

Traits, Aspirations, etc.
  1. Artisan

Objects:
  1. 3D printer
  2. Sewing machine
  3. Crafting table (not a workbench)

Feel free to add your own suggestions and flesh the ideas here any further.
EiFlric.png

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2017
    -With the sewing and knitting I'd want the opportunity to create customised clothing, like we had with the Sims 2 sewing machine, though as this is some years later, it could hopefully be improved upon.

-How about a notebook for sims to do sketching on, or to write novels if they don't want to use a computer?

-Card making? Bag making? It's a bit weird that our sims don't have bags as accessories. I think there were backpacks in Sims 3 with one of the EPs but they weren't fashion accessories like many bags are today. Plus, to be honest, if we had bigger bags, they could be a fun way to change up the inventory.

-Metal craft?

-Glass painting - I bought a kit for that but haven't used it yet, but it might make for fun decor items and we could have stained glass windows!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I love the idea of sewing and knitting clothes. Maybe the sewing machine could also produce quilts (to hang on the wall) and other craft stuff. I'd also like for sims to be able to make stuffed animals or dolls that toddlers and kids can play with- something smaller than the giant stuffed animals they have now but bigger than the toys in the toy box. Maybe they could also bring back the toymaking bench?

A pottery wheel would be great for artsy sims and be able to produce small clutter/decor items like bowls, vases, etc.

3D printing is quite cool too. What would sims be able to make with that? Statues like the woodworking station? In the real world you can basically 3D print anything so I guess there are a lot of possibilities with that.

What about jewelry making? Sims could make earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. This homemade jewelry would not be in CAS. It could come with an earring rack or something that could be kept in a bedroom/bathroom or displayed in a store to allow us to have a jewelry store with Get to Work.