Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have your sims failed at?

What have your sims failed at? By this I don't mean what you make/force/imagine your sims to fail at. I mean what the game actually makes it difficult for your sims to achieve?

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Mine fail at being poor... unless I cheat or force them. If I want a sim to make the bare amount of money just to pay bills and not much more than that, they can't hold regular jobs, paint, write, or many other things because the higher the skill, the more money rolls in. So, in order to be poor, they have to do very little, which then leaves my sims with a lot of free time because they aren't busting their behinds slaving for their keep.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited April 2017
    Lol I guess that means it's too easy to make money in this game :):) I agree!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Relationships. I'm not sure if it is actually the game that makes it harder, I think I chose not to work on relationships. Between ADLs, working and gaining skills it is some how difficult to get everything done in a Sim day. You have to make choices because you can't do them all. I chose not to work on relatioships.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    @mebagl15 So because the game is so skill focused, it makes it difficult to maintain relationships?
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    @mebagl15 So because the game is so skill focused, it makes it difficult to maintain relationships?

Yes.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    That hasn't been my experience.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Being successful in their careers. I have reached the top of some of the careers, but promotions seem to be completely random. I also find it difficult to build relationships naturally (i. e. without forcing them on my sims) because the bar fills up so slowly.

With that said, I think it's not so much my sims failing at anything, but rather me failing to play the game the right way.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The game is skill focused?!1? What do you need skills for? Most of them are so useless. I mean I like them but they really don't serve that much purpose. You only need like one skill for a career and not do the rest at all. I want some activities in the future packs that would let us utilize the skills better. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    completing the collections
    but that wasn't really his fault, after hunting all of the bugs for two irl days I realized that I don't have time for that nonsense.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've had a sim who had a bladder fail after she had a baby at home. The baby had just been born and she had to choose between feeding/tending to the screaming newborn or making it to the toilet herself. I chose that she would calm down the newborn.

I said that it's just one of those things that happen in a moment like that. I guess it was a choice but it was somewhat involuntary because the baby was born before she could relieve herself.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    My Sim just (kinda) failed on her first date. Her prize was a book.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    The successful lineage aspiration. I play normal length and don't usually let my sims have kids until they are adults so there isn't much time to fulfill it.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have one that keeps failing at love. It doesn't help that everyone she runs into is already married or too young.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Collecting plants can be a bit tricky.

Even when I find out which neighbourhood they grow in, some are slower to mature than others so it takes multiple visits before my Sim can pick them.

I really get fed up of trailing her about waiting for a BlackBerry bush, for example, to be ripe enough to harvest.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    Mine fail at being poor... unless I cheat or force them. If I want a sim to make the bare amount of money just to pay bills and not much more than that, they can't hold regular jobs, paint, write, or many other things because the higher the skill, the more money rolls in. So, in order to be poor, they have to do very little, which then leaves my sims with a lot of free time because they aren't busting their behinds slaving for their keep.

If only it were that hard to be poor in real life aye.

yqhMsxf.png
  • ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have one that keeps failing at love. It doesn't help that everyone she runs into is already married or too young.

What's wrong with them being already married? Haha just kidding.
    yqhMsxf.png
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    My male sims won't pee standing up. I always make sure that box is checked too. Idk why they don't like doing it. I've only seen it happen once in my game ever. That was after I got GT and I thought it fixed the issue. Nope.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    A realistic shedule. I see to their needs when the motive bars tell me so or when I can squeeze it in, regardless of time of day.

They also fail utterly at telling a bathroom from a dining room.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    my sim lost his swim trunks in the pool poor guy >:)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Being a parent
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited April 2017
    Is there such a thing in The Sims 4?
    Everything seems easy. Then again, I may be setting my sims up for an easy life.
    I should try creating a sim that is designed to have a hard time.

New Scenario! :)
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    My sim failed at being a cop. 1st day on the job she had to collect evidence and take pictures. She took one picture and the option disappeared. The next day she knew who to look for in the park. She kept asking Sims if they had seen her. Yes, they had seen her. They would point and she would go that way! All day long! Until she had to go home. Next day when she got to work the case was gone! She spent the work day talking to the other cops and earned 27 simoleans and crime spread. She got home and I made her quit that job. She was an awful cop.
    I'm going to find her a new job today. She is good at singing and programming.
  • SshayRSshayR Posts: 44 Member
    At life entirely
    Apartment living. I'm disappointed in the apartments from City Living. The apartments are too small, can't be easily expanded or renovated. You end up moving to a house eventually, so why not start there to begin with.
  • DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    Bugs make my sims fail at numerous given tasks e.g. can't use on chef's station oven for anything but bakery foods and can't serve Excellent quality food at my restaurant, or even Normal food unless I use more expensive ingredients. All one has to do is go right down the list of unfixed bugs for the game to figure the rest out.