Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New GP could be awesome

It's almost May and we haven't heard a single thing about the Family game pack. Am I the only one starting to think it might be truly awesome?
I mean it's a game pack after all. So I hope we'll be pleasantly surprised by the new content. Tbh, I just want to know what it's about :lol:
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Well, I love the GP format and I love to play with families, so I'm fairly sure I'm going to love the family GP. :)

The only thing that could go wrong is if they go for content that is too specific/culturally dependent, like home schooling, proms, or imaginary friends. But since the Vampire GP was all about customization, I'm fairly hopeful that won't be the case.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Well, I love the GP format and I love to play with families, so I'm fairly sure I'm going to love the family GP. :)

The only thing that could go wrong is if they go for content that is too specific/culturally dependent, like home schooling, proms, or imaginary friends. But since the Vampire GP was all about customization, I'm fairly hopeful that won't be the case.

what are you talking about? don't kids all over the world have imaginary friends. ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please

what are you talking about? don't kids all over the world have imaginary friends. ?

It's not as much widespread in all cultures actually, it's fairly common in US culture (about 65%) or in the UK (about 50%), but it's far less prevalent in other cultures (like 17% in Australia). So using it as some kind of big feature of childhood, with a full-fleshed look, like in TS3, isn't something that looks universally relatable to me.
    call me crazy but I don't think you can know how many kids have imaginary friends
    no matter how hard some try to put a number on it and also it depends on how you define imaginary friends
    when I was little my imaginary friends were everything from imaginary dragons and deer to the wind itself also trees pet rocks
    and my dolls and bear
    edited April 2017
    call me crazy but I don't think you can know how many kids have imaginary friends
    no matter how hard some try to put a number on it and also it depends on how you define imaginary friends
    when I was little my imaginary friends were everything from imaginary dragons and deer to the wind itself also trees pet rocks
    and my dolls and bear

Those were studies numbers, but regardless if it properly matches what happens inside children's head or not, it tells us that it's not something that is deeply associated with childhood in general, because it portrays what we may expect from childhood based on what we remember or describe about it.

We already have bears as imaginary friends by the way (you can talk to them and have a relationship with them), we also have the new imagination FX when children play with games. I think it does a better job at catching the imagination aspect of childhood rather than a TS3-like imaginary friend. And there isn't a shortage of other things they could add that would better represent childhood in my opinion : like new playground games.
    edited April 2017
    I don't want an TS3 imaginary friend in sims4 ether that thing is creepy
    and would have scared me as a child lol @Neia
    what ever the pack has in it I'm sure we will all find something we like.
    and yes @Eliharb :) I think it will be awesome
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It will be awesome, no doubt ;) I am getting impatient though, I want it NOW :D
    Crossing fingers for some new toddler hairstyles :)
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    It will be great because The Sims 4 is great and everything released for The Sims 4 is great.
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I really have my hopes up for this expansion. I've been dying for something like Generations. I'll be happy if it gives more for the teens to do, more age-specific interactions, and some nice CAS and build/buy items. I think it's going to be pretty great!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think also this GP will be crazy. I can't wait it's too long... I think the 9th or 10th May we will see the announce.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm really looking forward to it as well & check at least once a day if there's any news! :D I don't really know what way they're gonna go with this, of course, but I've heard so many great ideas from people & it's the GP team, so I'm rather hopeful the content will be really nice. I think they're listening anyway & this community's always been pretty vocal about family play,so I'm sure lots of stuff people wanted will be in there, but of course not everything as well .. we dream big here ;) hha
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Very much looking forward to it, yep! I'm disappointed though not shocked that we haven't gotten an announcement yet. But I check back every week
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    It will be great because The Sims 4 is great and everything released for The Sims 4 is great.

C'mon, tell us the truth...This is really Colton, right? ;)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    It's almost May and we haven't heard a single thing about the Family game pack. Am I the only one starting to think it might be truly awesome?
    I mean it's a game pack after all. So I hope we'll be pleasantly surprised by the new content. Tbh, I just want to know what it's about :lol:
    It should be as it's adding family stuff. I hope we see a lot of stuff returning like catch,swings,seesaws,the slowdance,giftgiving,etc,
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Crossing fingers for some new toddler hairstyles :)

Yes I agree they're needed and more female looking hairstyles.