Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few minor issues

First of all, my current savegame is a new version of my former game. House and household are imported from the library after a corrupted savegame.

- On my lot is a picture from the microscope near a corner in my house. Its invisible. I only know of it because when I sent a sim to that corner, he waved that he couldnt walk there and showed me a picture as a bubble I used to store in that area of the room along of other pictures from the microscope. But even deleting the whole part of the room didnt delete the invisible picture.

- I have a room full of my collection items. Usually those items make people happy. But for some days now my sims behave like its full of trash but I cant see any trash or other unpleasent item in the room. Unless the aliens or the frog mounts on the walls can somehow turn foul.

- There are metals that look like a small splinter formed stones called phozonite, pyrite and a few others. All part of the metals collection. If placed on most surfaces they look like this. If I place them on a mucho modern display shelve they turn into a small brown box with a label and a few of those splinters in it. Like this:
29018297fp.jpg

I can move them back and worth but they sometimes change shape again back into splinters. But they mostly dont change back into splinters after I log out. They are also supposed to improve the environment by +2 but dont really affect my sims. Is there a limit about how much environment items can affect my sim? I mean a knights armor stand has +10 and does improve the environment but 5 of those +2 stones dont?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    With the issue with the unpleasant /trash item, if you have a sim with the neat trait and have upgraded a fireplace with auto lights, this can give the unpleasant moodlet.
    Try also checking on the fish if there is an aquarium or fish bowl in the room and make sure that they aren't " foul" quality.
    Make sure that no dirty dishes are hidden behind bookcases or on half walls.
    If there is a popcorn maker, remove that and see if the issue remains.

With your first issue, try saving the whole room to your library. Then delete the room. Then place the saved room version back again and see if that helps.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited April 2017
    With the issue with the unpleasant /trash item, if you have a sim with the neat trait and have upgraded a fireplace with auto lights, this can give the unpleasant moodlet.
    Nope. My sims dont have the trait and no fireplace in the room.
    Try also checking on the fish if there is an aquarium or fish bowl in the room and make sure that they aren't " foul" quality.
    Unfortunately the fish in the bowl in that room dont indicate their quality. But its very likely that I put foul fish in there. This is obviously a design issue because foul fish arent supposed to be alive or fish bowls are missing a quality indicator in the tooltip.
    Make sure that no dirty dishes are hidden behind bookcases or on half walls.
    If there is a popcorn maker, remove that and see if the issue remains.
    Checked and both not present.
    With your first issue, try saving the whole room to your library. Then delete the room. Then place the saved room version back again and see if that helps.
    Thats going to be a problem. The game doesnt recognize the room properly. This is the room and the invisible picture is in the upper right corner of the right room.
    29021465kv.jpg

The game seems to think those two rooms are actually only one room. I even placed new doors on the former arc locations but the game still thinks its one huge room instead of two. I also cant save the room properly. It doesnt save the furniture and half the items on the wall. The only solution would be to delete both rooms, build one room, decorate, save to library, add another room seperate, decorate, save to library and then place it in the proper location.
    Or maybe there is a better solution. But even then there is no guarantee that the picture is gone. It might aswell be between the floors. And the whole house was imported from the library last week which means the bug already transfered from the library.

I tried moving the whole construct, the two rooms as one, to an empty floor two levels below the floor its currently located because the second basement is unused to far. But that doesnt work at all. I can place a room from the library there but I cant move the room down there from the ground level floor. It says "cant find object".
  • Options
    Hello,
    It sounds like lime the fish in the fidh bowl,mayy have caused the second issue

You could try for the first iissie to use the room tool to make a room where the invisible picture is , then delete that room and see if that helps.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    It sounds like lime the fish in the fidh bowl,mayy have caused the second issue
    Yes, thanks for the tip. It worked when I removed the bowls.
    You could try for the first iissie to use the room tool to make a room where the invisible picture is , then delete that room and see if that helps.
    Was worth a try. Problem is the hammertool doesnt remove everything when I try to remove a whole area. I was able to delete the temporary walls in that location as you suggested but the tool only removed the walls and left everything else intact.

Here is the "error" I get when I want to send a sim to that area.
    29022201yv.jpg

This is what happened after I manually deleted items, one by one, and then attempted to delete the area in one move.
    29022219xp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    I was able to fix the rooms. I moved the wall between the rooms and placed it in the garden. There it had time to think about its mistakes because now the living room is no longer the siamese twin of the kitchen. They finally are seperate rooms.

I placed a new wall, moved the items on the original wall to the new wall and now I can try new things to fix whatever is blocking my sims from going into the corner of the living room.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The picture bubble perhaps may perhaps not refer to an invisible picture!? It may refer to something else
    I was observing my sims and Im convinced that my sims always refer to whats wrong in such bubbles. What is strange is that when I ordered my sim to tend a specific tree, the way was blocked and the sim only displayed a red X and a moving command in the bubble, not the tree. Sims seem to make a distinction between certain objects.
    Still, the picture makes sense because they were stored there and I remember one going invisible while I placed it. I submitted my savegame awhile ago but didnt hear back. I would really like to know whats going on there. Can you push the devs to return their findings to us more voluntarily?
  • Options
    Zasz wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    The picture bubble perhaps may perhaps not refer to an invisible picture!? It may refer to something else
    I was observing my sims and Im convinced that my sims always refer to whats wrong in such bubbles. What is strange is that when I ordered my sim to tend a specific tree, the way was blocked and the sim only displayed a red X and a moving command in the bubble, not the tree. Sims seem to make a distinction between certain objects.
    Still, the picture makes sense because they were stored there and I remember one going invisible while I placed it. I submitted my savegame awhile ago but didnt hear back. I would really like to know whats going on there. Can you push the devs to return their findings to us more voluntarily?

Hello.
    You may not hear back from the Developers but they will use your save game to help to find out more about the issues that you and other simmers are having. They can then use the infornation to provide fixes in an upcoming patch.
  • Options
    Considering there are bugs we provided savegames for over a year and dont hear any progress. I think the devs have some obligation to keep us updated on progress. Otherwise I feel I waste my time reporting issues and proving savegames with bugs that dont seem to get fixed at all. And at the same time the list of actual fixes is tiny, mostly with irrelevant fixes but lots of new content.

From my point of view there is something very wrong here.