Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Cabin (Started out as one anyway) for my next gen to move into.

jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
My sim has just had a baby and she's just aged to a toddler, plus I'm guessing there will probably be another baby who will end up as heir and I'm sick of their house (and it's not decorated yet!), so I decided to build a cabin type house for the next generation (Probably as yet unborn).

It's ended up as quite a big house, but only the one floor (there are stacking stairs to the basement in case I need to build one but only just enough room for the stairs. It's not really a cabin anymore.

001modernhousefront01.jpg
002modernhousefront02.jpg

This is the front. The large front room is mostly surrounded by glass and I've deleted the ceiling but don't think I can colour the top wall bits that lead to the enclosed space because they're extra roof bits and I need the sides the same colour as the outer walls. You can see the stairs to tha basement and there's no furnishing except for a kitchen and bathroom. I'm guessing the big space is lounge/diner.

003modernhouseback01.jpg
This is the back view which includes a deck and the big windows are bedrooms. I just wish I could find a tall wall single door to match the colours of the windows, closest so far is grey (no brown). Vampire Food (this is a building/experimenting save) is napping on the outdoor sofa (No furniture inside).

Here are the floor plans.
004modernhouseflrplan01.jpg
005modernhouseflrplan02.jpg
The big room is likely a lounge/diner, the two rooms on the right bedrooms and the other room I'm not sure, maybe skilling or something.

006modernhousekitchen01.jpg
A closer look at the kitchen. It's a bit mismatched colour wise so I'll probably try again and Subject One (a vampire) is checking it out.

007modernhousebathroom01.jpg
A closer look at the bathroom, the sink is in cabinets under the shelves on the right, the shelves obscure it from above.

The deck at night.
008modernhousebackdeck01.jpg
Here my tester family is having a swim. Subject One (Vampire), Testa McSidekick (Vampire) and Vampire Food (Human) and the lights are on (they're cc, stand alone but look like wall lights).

009modernhousebackdeck02.jpg
Closer look at the deck, it's this door I want to find an alternative for.

Anyway, It's saved to my gallery (too much CC for the actual gallery I think) and mothballed until the heir (who I'm guessing will be the 2nd, not yet born child) is ready to move out on his, or her, own!

Comments