The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

archery, fencing, and martial arts

I think it could be so fun to do archery and fencing and martial arts
they would be great skills to have in game wish I could do it in real life
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    and Archery You could even Have multiple skills tied to it,
    like once you are a certain level in Handiness and Archery, you could craft your own Bows and arrows on a woodworking bench.
    and I think it would be amazing to craft and collect arrow heads. some people think it's foolish, I think it would be neat if you put a use to Crystals, and metals we collect.
    You could make Gem tipped arrows, Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby, etc, and even Gold, Silver, Iron, basic Stone arrow heads. and all it does is launch a projectile arrow in the respective color.

Same with Fencing, But don't make fencing just:

Final_Trophee_Monal_2012_n08.jpg

do sword fights too, no fencing gear, no bending swords, like shown above, and use metals to forge your own unique sword.
    by collecting unique antique sword hilts and using metals.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    I really like your Idea I could spend hours doing that and then do it all over again
    and enjoy it every time I can just see my sim making a sword are bow from the metal they find
    and it would be really nice to have a use for the things that they collect
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    This would be perfect as part of that sports pack so many of us have been pitching for so long.
    EiFlric.png
    edited April 2017
    I am not left handed lol princess bride
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes! I don't care for regular sports but I'd be up for fencing, archery and martial arts in game. Especially fencing, because I did it for a while at uni. Weapon crafting would be amazing as well. And sims who dislike each other could fight a duel with swords as an alternative to fisticuffs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Yes! I don't care for regular sports but I'd be up for fencing, archery and martial arts in game. Especially fencing, because I did it for a while at uni. Weapon crafting would be amazing as well. And sims who dislike each other could fight a duel with swords as an alternative to fisticuffs.

that would be so cool
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    You mean you're not up for some useless solar panels?

Yeah you would just have to have the sword in your inventory to sword fight. or even a "friendly Spar"

I would love to shoot apples off other Sim's heads, with the chance of misfire when you're skills start off poorly.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

edited April 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Yeah you would just have to have the sword in your inventory to sword fight. or even a "friendly Spar"

I would love to shoot apples off other Sim's heads, with the chance of misfire when you're skills start off poorly.

then the suction cup on the end could get stuck to there face lol @MasonGamer
    Post edited by comicsforlife on

I would like to use real arrow heads and play a little game called "Catch the arrow". =3

catching-arrows-like-a-PRO-Regina-Mills-Edition-once-upon-a-time-38791381-500-225.gif
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I think archery would be kind of fun, a bit like bowling, but with a more outdoor vibe, and not too expensive in animations hopefully. I'd like climbing too and judo ! I'm afraid fencing might feel a bit repetitive, I'm not sure they could make enough animations to make it feel fun to watch.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd be totally up for archery and fencing! Especially if they came with Ren-fair type outfits, a Robin Hood costume, and good fail states. I've got an Errol Flynn Sim ready and waiting! And it would be fun to have some ancient vampires who are still good at the skills of their youth.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I'd be totally up for archery and fencing! Especially if they came with Ren-fair type outfits, a Robin Hood costume, and good fail states. I've got an Errol Flynn Sim ready and waiting! And it would be fun to have some ancient vampires who are still good at the skills of their youth.

yes it would and would really add to story to great idea @luthienrising

I would like to use real arrow heads and play a little game called "Catch the arrow". =3

catching-arrows-like-a-PRO-Regina-Mills-Edition-once-upon-a-time-38791381-500-225.gif

I don't think they'd do it with real tips as it might make the rating go up
    but catch and fire game might have a chance if they use suction cups
    I think it could be really funny that way. don't you think so @MasonGamer
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would have interest in this. I have done fencing. Also, I find the yoga and bowling to be good activities for my sims and would welcome more activities. Yes, I know about the lack of talking during bowling and I'm ambivalent on the subject. It isn't a big deal for me. If it gets patched in, I'd be fine with that as long as it doesn't lengthen a game. Usually I'll have a sim socialize at the bar if they want to chat.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.

I think real arrow heads would be good for the firing rang
    and the suction cups would be good for catch the arrow
    also maybe there could be arrows to put them to sleep as well ?
    @MasonGamer
    edited April 2017
    I would have interest in this. I have done fencing. Also, I find the yoga and bowling to be good activities for my sims and would welcome more activities. Yes, I know about the lack of talking during bowling and I'm ambivalent on the subject. It isn't a big deal for me. If it gets patched in, I'd be fine with that as long as it doesn't lengthen a game. Usually I'll have a sim socialize at the bar if they want to chat.

I like the bowling pack to and I really hope they add fencing
  • Sombra8424Sombra8424 Posts: 4 New Member
    Count me in!, it's not fun to have Merida from Brave without her bow, or Jack Sparrow without his sword.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2017
    Neia wrote: »
    I think archery would be kind of fun, a bit like bowling, but with a more outdoor vibe, and not too expensive in animations hopefully. I'd like climbing too and judo ! I'm afraid fencing might feel a bit repetitive, I'm not sure they could make enough animations to make it feel fun to watch.
    Judo mixed in with some parkor, kickboxing, and a punching focused unarmed combat style (boxing & karate perhapse) would make for some interesting unarmed combat animations (if a spar isn't just a cloud of action) or at least I think it would cover a decent amount of fighting styles. (If they would separate them all into individual skills that would be cool Imo but not needed)
    For your suggestion of climbing I think rock climbing and gymnastics would also be sweet, although I would put them with different theme. (Rock climbing for a mountain vacation pack I'm thinking and gymnastics if they ever do just a generic sports pack mixed in with fleshed out tennis badminton biking etc.) If you ment parkor or climbing then cool.
    I've done fencing as a sport before and I can think of many actions that can be used to keep it from being repetitive , mind you I've done saber fencing taught a little bit and judged it so it might just be easier for my eye to catch the details. Anyways I think I could find some moves to make it as variant as say archery would be even with out the eye for the sport hopefully the development team could as well or if they can't get some guidance from those of us who know where to look.

They could also broaden the scope of a fencing skill. I would suggest having different sword types (the foil used in Olympic fencing, katana, broad swords as my basic three to save research time but the more the merrier :) ) and have Sims adopt that weapons typical combat form when it is used (in training and/or if they actually animate a spar instead of having a cloud cover everything up) that would bump up the different animations by a large amount.

Also I don't think I need to say it but I support this! I am a history geek and love martial arts I would buy this without a second thought.
    If they made a Gp for it (I know in wishful thinking land now but humor me) I would like it if they gave us the three skills mentioned above with sword play having the different weapon/combat styles I mentioned (maybe some quarterstaff added as well) then I would also like some jousting maybe with dragons added in, but if you have pets also with horses.
    Anyways main idea is just the weapon skills. Pulling on the history/fantasy game play is really niche I think and while I would die of excitement at that pack I also am really not expecting it.
    We need the martial arts though, I miss my super ninja vampire from ts3 :p

Edit: so many typos and auto cucumbers :D
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Judo mixed in with some parkor, kickboxing, and a punching focused unarmed combat style (boxing & karate perhapse) would make for some interesting unarmed combat animations (if a spar isn't just a cloud of action) or at least I think it would cover a decent amount of fighting styles. (If they would separate them all into individual skills that would be cool Imo but not needed)
    For your suggestion of climbing I think rock climbing and gymnastics would also be sweet, although I would put them with different theme. (Rock climbing for a mountain vacation pack I'm thinking and gymnastics if they ever do just a generic sports pack mixed in with fleshed out tennis badminton biking etc.) If you ment parkor or climbing then cool.
    I've done fencing as a sport before and I can think of many actions that can be used to keep it from being repetitive , mind you I've done saber fencing taught a little bit and judged it so it might just be easier for my eye to catch the details. Anyways I think I could find some moves to make it as variant as say archery would be even with out the eye for the sport hopefully the development team could as well or if they can't get some guidance from those of us who know where to look.

They could also broaden the scope of a fencing skill. I would suggest having different sword types (the foil used in Olympic fencing, katana, broad swords as my basic three to save research time but the more the merrier :) ) and have Sims adopt that weapons typical combat form when it is used (in training and/or if they actually animate a spar instead of having a cloud cover everything up) that would bump up the different animations by a large amount.

Also I don't think I need to say it but I support this! I am a history geek and love martial arts I would buy this without a second thought.
    If they made a Gp for it (I know in wishful thinking land now but humor me) I would like it if they gave us the three skills mentioned above with sword play having the different weapon/combat styles I mentioned (maybe some quarterstaff added as well) then I would also like some jousting maybe with dragons added in, but if you have pets also with horses.
    Anyways main idea is just the weapon skills. Pulling on the history/fantasy game play is really niche I think and while I would die of excitement at that pack I also am really not expecting it.

your ideas would be wonderful I hope the gurus see this @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruNinja
    I hope you guys could work some of these things into some packs
    edited May 2017

your ideas would be wonderful I hope the gurus see this @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruNinja

I don't think its as niche as you think it is. I think almost everyone likes at least one story where someone uses a bow or sword or does martial arts. and I think there are a lot of people that wish they could do archery, fencing, and martial arts but didn't have the time or the opportunity.
    I think it would sell like hot cakes if they made it for sims 4.@bejawa
  • DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    By martial arts do you mean animations? I can't see them implementing any more than that, at least not competently. Interactive martial arts between sims would basically be a game within a game and there would be an appreciable likelihood that it would be an unplayable buggy mess if they were overambitious enough to try it.
    yes i do
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

I don't think its as niche as you think it is. I think almost everyone likes at least one story where someone uses a bow or sword or does martial arts. and I think there are a lot of people that wish they could do archery, fencing, and martial arts but didn't have the time or the opportunity.
    I think it would sell like hot cakes if they made it for sims 4.@bejawa

Not the martial arts stuff. I meant the dragons and jousting fantasy/medieval theme were more niche. If they aren't niche either though then that's great means I'm more likely to get the pack :)
  • MaanedatterMaanedatter Posts: 32 Member
    IYes this would be a good addition to the game. I remember that the matrial arts skill in sims 3 gave a good amount of fun gameplay.