Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't really want zombies in sims 4

they weren't fun in 3 and they didn't look fun in 2 ether
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I think they're disgusting, and also useless because they don't come with any special perks other than looking different. In almost two decades of simming I have never had a zombie in any of my played households.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having zombies in the game for those who want them as long as I'm not forced to play with them. I just hope that their potential inclusion won't come at the cost of other more interesting life states.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think they're disgusting, and also useless because they don't come with any special perks other than looking different. In almost two decades of simming I have never had a zombie in any of my played households.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having zombies in the game for those who want them as long as I'm not forced to play with them. I just hope that their potential inclusion won't come at the cost of other more interesting life states.

in sims 3 if you got super naturals pack they came to your house every full moon
    I was just playing sims 3 tonight and one showed up I couldn't stand the moaning sound it kept making
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    ^ they also killed your plants if you didn't have a locked fence around your garden.

I hated them in Sims 3 and would hate them in Sims 4. If a pack comes out specifically for them, I will most definitely skip out on purchasing a pack for the first time for this franchise. The creatures are a nuisance in TS3. I hate them.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't stand in your yard all night making that sound
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    In TS3 I liked to play as a witch and improve my spell casting abilities on my Zombie victims. Very satisfying.
    I very much agree on how annoying they are/were, a lot of times I would turn the moon cycle off just to avoid any Zombies from spawning. I really don't need them in TS4, but I don't think there would be a dedicated "Zombie Pack" anyway. They may come with other Supernaturals. If they do, I hope they tune the spawning numbers/intervals right from the get-go.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    In TS3 I liked to play as a witch and improve my spell casting abilities on my Zombie victims. Very satisfying.
    I very much agree on how annoying they are/were, a lot of times I would turn the moon cycle off just to avoid any Zombies from spawning. I really don't need them in TS4, but I don't think there would be a dedicated "Zombie Pack" anyway. They may come with other Supernaturals. If they do, I hope they tune the spawning numbers/intervals right from the get-go.

yes I agree
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    TS4 is my first ever sims game on PC so I have no idea of what happened in previous versions but I don't see any use for zombies other than being nuisance NPCs. Though it would be fun if sims could shoot them!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't stand in your yard all night making that sound

The god awful groans was annoying. I always right-clicked on the mailbox to make them disappear every full moon LOL.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    TS4 is my first ever sims game on PC so I have no idea of what happened in previous versions but I don't see any use for zombies other than being nuisance NPCs. Though it would be fun if sims could shoot them!

The only thing I would find more annoying than Zombies are guns.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I didn't play with them much in TS2, but they were annoying in TS3. I wouldn't mind them in TS4 if they had some sort of meaning. For example in TS3, if your Sim was attacked by a zombie, all they would get was a scared moodlet. They should have made it have some sort of consequence. Like when a Sim got attacked by a mummy, there was a chance that they'd be cursed. A zombie attack should have resulted in a bit with the possibility of becoming a zombie. I love how they made them come out of the ground on a full moon, but after that, they were pretty pointless.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

I'm hoping that if they do put zombies in a supernatural EP, that they make it so they only spawn if you say, put a specific object on your lot. Like some kind of cursed object that makes the zombies show up. That way, people who want zombies get them, and the rest of us, don't have to worry about them.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Zombies in 3 are terrible in multiple ways. They were just acting plain annoying (attacking your garden and for the rest it was all about animations and nothing more). The worst thing though is that they were so borked - showing up all day everywhere, in my game also after they had 'fixed' that - that I'm not able to do anything with the full moon feature because I'm forced to disable that (not wanting the zombies). Oh, and they were random citizens who weren't even dead (and you could meet them alive and kicking again in the park the next day, if it worked). If anything fits the 'half baked' description, it's TS3 zombies.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Never played TS3 and haven't heard about that before, but I kind of like the idea of zombies appearing as some kind of natural hazard under certain circumstances (like the full moon), or being used as slaves or magic spell test subjects by witches. Why not bring them in as just that, along with witches of course? I wouldn't mind... But I still don't need them as a separate life state for player-controlled sims.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I love the idea of zombies but the way they were implemented in the last game also annoyed me a lot. It didn't make sense either, zombies aren't known to change their behavior depending on the moon phase, werewolves do that. I wouldn't mind if they didn't come to our lots at all but instead could only be created by a witch curse or when a vampire fails at turning a sim. I think the idea of placing an object on the lot would be okay too but since we have lot traits already maybe there could be a zombie equivalent to the vampire nexus perk as well as an object to repell zombies from certain areas, the garden for example.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

There are mods to get rid of them. You can also own Grim's Gastly Manor and put the door of life and death on your property somewhere. Zombies are attracted to the door. Grim's pet kitty will turn them back to sims and the zombies won't bother you. I completely fence in my yard. Have the door of life and death so I don't have to deal with the zombies

There are mods to get rid of them. You can also own Grim's Gastly Manor and put the door of life and death on your property somewhere. Zombies are attracted to the door. Grim's pet kitty will turn them back to sims and the zombies won't bother you. I completely fence in my yard. Have the door of life and death so I don't have to deal with the zombies
    Thanks for that tip. Might give that a try.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Thanks for that tip. Might give that a try.

Your welcome. I love Grim's door. I use it as my front door. You can also add it to your garage. If you have any zombies at your parties they will automatically go to the door and Grim's pet kitty will change them back.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I'd like zombies, but I don't want the EA inspired ones we got for Sims 3. They were modeled after 'Plants VS Zombies' another EA title, and the zombies attacked your plants.

I liked that there was a possibility of a zombie invasion, but it would have been cooler to see it come out of a cemetery or urns/graves on your lot. Random zombies popping out of the ground to attack my foliage was not all that enchanting.

Zombies in Sims 2 were fun though.
    @phoebebebe13 I'm positively surprised by the way they have built in this connection between a Store item and an EP feature. I do have the manor, never did anything with it yet though. Time to change that.

@drake_mccarty What could zombies in 2 do?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    They were horrible in sims3. I'd much rather have activities, things to do , swingsets, slides, pool table, arcade items, not another useless headache.
    @JoAnne65 I wonder if they purposely did it so that people would buy more store items rather than giving us an option to turn them off completely.
    catitude5 wrote: »
    They were horrible in sims3. I'd much rather have activities, things to do , swingsets, slides, pool table, arcade items, not another useless headache.
    I don't, not in general. Because a life state could and should bring activities as well. In that respect there is no difference for me between a pool table or a supernatural. As long as they can do challenging stuff (or force other sims to do challenging stuff that will contribute to achieving things or telling stories).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want try zombie me. :open_mouth: I never played with them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I want try zombie me. :open_mouth: I never played with them.

It is not a life state option. Your sim gets infected by being bitten by another sim. Your sim gets bad moodlets. It's not a cool feature in the game imo. It's actually very annoying. Why people will use mods or other methods in TS3 to get rid of them
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I liked the moon cycle for the "Kissed Under A Full Moon" moodlet (hey, I'm a romantic at times), but after having a frat party ruined by zombies I installed a No Zombies mod. I got tired of my genie having to teleport all the zombies away from the party (genies at University are awesome; no more dirty roommates or dorms, and can whip up perfect meals for everyone with the wave of a hand.) B)

I'd still like to see an on/off switch for supernaturals/occults added for individual saves. I like vampires (I've currently got a klepto vampire who grabs a goodie when stopping off for a midnight snack :D ) but I don't want them in every single save. Ditto with aliens, though at least you can avoid them by not going to Sixam or entering the Scientist career as far as I can tell; I've turned off Alien Nights with MC Command Center so that also keeps down the population (there might be a few disguised aliens hanging around but I haven't come across them).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)