Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is Next for Sims 4 ?

1235...Next

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    There is an article on SimsVIP that I read talking about how the developers *really* want post-apocalyptic gameplay.
    I just really hope that if they ever do, they find a more interesting way to frame it than zombies. Fallout is more of a bearable theme to me, but the ghouls are pretty much zombies, so that part is ugh to me. What I find interesting about apocalypse scenarios is the strategic thinking and reactive element of it. The idea that your entire paradigm shifts and you have to rethink how to survive and live on a fundamental level, sometimes very quickly.

For me i dont think it matters how they frame it i personally wouldnt buy a pack based on that theme
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    If they were to do a apocalypse type pack, I hope they save it for after they release the content we’ve all been begging for.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I honestly hated the zombies in 3! I hated that they ate your garden....zombies in my opinion don't make sense in the sims. I mean all zombies can really do is eat people and that is too gorry for the sims, so you end up with green sims that eat vegetables.
    I am all in for a post-apocalyptic world without zombies

What I did in TS3 to fend for the zombies: Built a fence around the lot, put a gate at the front and closed it for everyone except my household.
    From the second I started doing that, I was never bothered by them again. This habit became second nature to me to the point that it feels unnatural to build a house in any Sims game without a fence around it.
    Triplis wrote: »
    There is an article on SimsVIP that I read talking about how the developers *really* want post-apocalyptic gameplay.
    I just really hope that if they ever do, they find a more interesting way to frame it than zombies. Fallout is more of a bearable theme to me, but the ghouls are pretty much zombies, so that part is ugh to me. What I find interesting about apocalypse scenarios is the strategic thinking and reactive element of it. The idea that your entire paradigm shifts and you have to rethink how to survive and live on a fundamental level, sometimes very quickly.

I think they could do it in a way that reintroduces Sims 2 Castaway gameplay in a sense.
    Hunting and gathering for food, no build/buy, but instead craft stuff like beds, furniture and more from stuff you find scavenging.
    Smartphones, computers or anything that needs electricity will not work unless you craft some sort of generator, you will have to find and store water in order to bath, shower, drink, flush the toilet...
    Food and other stuff do not pop out of thin air, not even for a price in simoleons. Your fonds do not matter. You could have zero simoleons in your household budget or have hit motherlode a million times, it makes no difference because there is nothing to buy with it.
    There could be NPC traders, but there you trade stuff for stuff. Say, water for steel, or food for tools.

That kind of gameplay should be separated from the rest of the game. Maybe the world where you play that way is inaccessible from the other worlds and vice versa.
  • aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    Well looking at the past games for ts2 and 3 I predict that we'll get seasons and university or some type of school gp or ep. It wouldn't be right if we didn't at least get those games because we got them in all of the other sim games.
    aero2491 wrote: »
    Well looking at the past games for ts2 and 3 I predict that we'll get seasons and university or some type of school gp or ep. It wouldn't be right if we didn't at least get those games because we got them in all of the other sim games.

Seasons will most likely happen in 2018 and some sort of school GP could happen as well. But it won't be all we're getting in 2018, if you ask me.
    Also, there will likely be 2019 as well, and maybe even 2020.
    My guess is that Sims 5 comes out in 2022.
  • AntonGladerAntonGlader Posts: 54 Member
    Seasons is next for sure. The hints for seasons is as ridiculous as the "pets" hints was! imo
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Seasons is next for sure. The hints for seasons is as ridiculous as the "pets" hints was! imo

I got only one problem with Season's coming out, the fact that most of My homes are not big so a lot of My sims stuff is outside, so I would either have to delete it or try to fit it in the homes, either way would be a pain when it rained or snowed, but that is the only problem with Season's I would have, :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Seasons isn't Next. Seasons will most likely come in the Fall of 18 as the Next EP but I think Laundry Day is the first pack of 2018 for TS4.
    Seasons isn't Next. Seasons will most likely come in the Fall of 18 as the Next EP but I think Laundry Day is the first pack of 2018 for TS4.

I am at the point of really not caring what comes out Next, especially when they short changed us on Xmas items, the Laundry Day stuff is a joke as far as I am concerned, cause that stuff is far from being Eco friendly, but I guess like everyone else I will have to wait and see what else they shove at us, before I decide if in fact I want to keep shoving My money their way, probably not if they keep shoving stuff at Me that I do not use in My games, I want more gothic type stuff, so I hope they add more soon , if not then I will just have to say to EA and Maxis, thanks for making it easy for Me to keep My money in My pocket, for 2018.
    I have just seen the Laundry Day stuff pack, and I have to say that I was not expecting what I saw in the live stream, it has way more stuff in that pack then I thought, and the items are really good from what I have seen, so yup I just may be buying this pack after all, I did not vote for Laundry cause being Gothic player I voted for Dangerous, but I have to give the Team credit, they did a very good job on the Laundry stuff pack, so thank you for letting Me see this pack first so I could decide if I was going to not bother like I had said before, or to buy it after all, much appreciated, :) .
  • aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    Seasons most definitely. There are hints everywhere.
    aero2491 wrote: »
    Seasons most definitely. There are hints everywhere.

Hmm , I am hoping more for Witches or Werewolves Myself, :)
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    I hope for Seasons and maybe a world with a swimmable ocean
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    I am pretty sure that we will get Witches this year, because on the one hand a few (though very few) descriptions of some items in Laundry Stuff indicate magic, and on the other hand because magic is in every generation with a release distance of 3 up to 4 years to the base game.

Sims 1 Base Game: February 4th, 2000
    Makin 'Magic: October 29, 2003

Sims 2 Base Game: September 14, 2004
    Apartment Life: 27th August 2008

Sims 3 Base Game: June 2nd, 2009
    Supernatural: September 4th, 2012

Sims 4 Base Game: September 2nd, 2014
    (Vampires: January 24, 2017)
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
    I am pretty sure that we will get Witches this year, because on the one hand a few (though very few) descriptions of some items in Laundry Stuff indicate magic, and on the other hand because magic is in every generation with a release distance of 3 up to 4 years to the base game.

I do hope you are right, :)

I don't know about the first two, but in Sims 3, Supernatural was already in the second half of its life cycle.
    I cannot explain why, but to me, it feels like Sims 4 is just getting started.
    Hints towards witches exist since outdoor living. They have just been very subtle so far. (I have yet to read those descriptions in the stuff pack, but we were told in the Laundry Day live stream several times to read those descriptions. If there's really hints towards witches, that might be a sign that they are not so subtle this time.)
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Armilus616 wrote: »

I don't know about the first two, but in Sims 3, Supernatural was already in the second half of its life cycle.
    I cannot explain why, but to me, it feels like Sims 4 is just getting started.
    Hints towards witches exist since outdoor living. They have just been very subtle so far. (I have yet to read those descriptions in the stuff pack, but we were told in the Laundry Day live stream several times to read those descriptions. If there's really hints towards witches, that might be a sign that they are not so subtle this time.)

Im thinking they may have stressed looking at the descriptions because some of them were leading to the teased game pack. Like the mayan rug
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Looks to me like our next GP is a Vacation world. I really have no idea what Stuff Packs they'll be pulling out this year.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Looks to me like our next GP is a Vacation world. I really have no idea what Stuff Packs they'll be pulling out this year.

More likely just an adventure pack.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

More likely just an adventure pack.

Perhaps but i already have plans to tear up the lots and turn them in to jungle getaways lmao still easier than pretending the mountains are the tropics like ive been doing hahaha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    I am just wondering what kind of New world we will be getting next, the last one I really like so far, :)
  • MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    I am just waiting for Seasons! One of my favourite EP in Sims 3, hope to see it back soon.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited January 2018
    If Seasons can happen in Sims 4 I expect it to be more lacking and limited than Sims 2 Seasons was even compared to Sims 3 Seasons. Don't expect festivals, holidays, and stuff. Since Sims 4 Pets came with just cats and dogs. Sims 4 Open For Business/Ambitions came with nothing too. Don't get hopes up really Sims 4 is just a skeleton with patches of skin called DLC to make it look less hollow than it really is. The framework is just lacking. Eventually the tower will crumble because of the poor foundation.

As for next DLC hopefully May-August we get 2 stuff packs and a game pack (Witches) while November we get whatever expansion pack comes next.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    I am just waiting for Seasons! One of my favourite EP in Sims 3, hope to see it back soon.

Aye many seem to want that back, for Me if they add in Dark Gloomy clouds and such I will be happy, :)