Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is Next for Sims 4 ?

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BlueBlack007 I have to get everything just in case there's something I can put in my castles and mansions to make them inclusive of all amenities lmao Also I loathe going through the sim exchange when I'm populating my empty lots and seeing amazing stuff that uses packs I don't have

I ended up getting the Fitness one after all, just in case there is something in it I might need someday, so far I am up to date and have all the packs, but I am sure there will come a time when I will have to miss some packs, cause I can only afford so much, right now I am ok with the money part, but there will come a time when I can no longer afford them, I am dreading that time, cause I know then I will probably miss out on the stuff I really wanted for My game instead of all this stuff I do not use for My Gothic type play, oh well nothing I can do bout that now I guess, :(.

If you're really in a bind you could hold off, especially on an SP, and wait for a sale; I wasn't all that interested in Spooky Stuff so I waited and got it for a few dollars off in an Origin sale -- I do use some of the Build content like the wall coverings and the wood floor (which is a little more worn looking so it's good for cabins and old mansions) so it worked out to be a good deal for me. Sales seem to be frequent enough that you don't have to wait too long for one -- there's usually one around the end of November (Black Friday) at the very least.

Haven't really done much with Fitness Pack yet; I did upgrade both my gyms with the new fitness equipment; I've used the bath stuff more. And I sent one of my Sims to try out the climbing treadmill (and to get a break from her twin toddler terrors); she's still pretty low on Fitness though so she couldn't do too much. I'll have to send her husband since he's higher in skill.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    BlueBlack007 I have to get everything just in case there's something I can put in my castles and mansions to make them inclusive of all amenities lmao Also I loathe going through the sim exchange when I'm populating my empty lots and seeing amazing stuff that uses packs I don't have

I ended up getting the Fitness one after all, just in case there is something in it I might need someday, so far I am up to date and have all the packs, but I am sure there will come a time when I will have to miss some packs, cause I can only afford so much, right now I am ok with the money part, but there will come a time when I can no longer afford them, I am dreading that time, cause I know then I will probably miss out on the stuff I really wanted for My game instead of all this stuff I do not use for My Gothic type play, oh well nothing I can do bout that now I guess, :(.

If it is possible try to save some Money by the end of the month. I don't know, mybe you have a 'bad' Habit (Smoking, going to the Nightclub every week, eating outside the house etc.) but it should not be too hard to find find a way to save a Little bit of Money after all.

I am out of work, so I am on a budget now, I try to save what I can but it is not easy.
  • Options
    samemie wrote: »
    @BlueBlack007 In future to make sure you don't end up buying a pack with nothing you want, you can check what items are in it before hand (particularly with stuff packs that don't tend to have much new gameplay). When you load up your game, you know it displays all the packs on the left side? If there's one you don't have, click it and it will show you all the CAS and build mode items. And also I would do some research as to what features or gameplay might be included in a pack so if it's not going to fit your style of play, you don't waste money on it. :)

Thank you for the advice, I did not know that bout the packs in the in game, I will try that next time, but so far I got all the packs for now.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2017

If it is possible try to save some Money by the end of the month. I don't know, mybe you have a 'bad' Habit (Smoking, going to the Nightclub every week, eating outside the house etc.) but it should not be too hard to find find a way to save a Little bit of Money after all.

I am out of work, so I am on a budget now, I try to save what I can but it is not easy.

You can also try entering giveaways -- I've seen several each time a pack is released, usually more for SPs than for GPs or EPs but there are a lot of generous players out there. Sorry to hear about being out of work -- it's tough for a lot of people and I hope things look up for you soon. My husband knows that Sims 4 is pretty much my main gaming vice, so he's pretty liberal about getting me new content for the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017

You can also try entering giveaways -- I've seen several each time a pack is released, usually more for SPs than for GPs or EPs but there are a lot of generous players out there. Sorry to hear about being out of work -- it's tough for a lot of people and I hope things look up for you soon. My husband knows that Sims 4 is pretty much my main gaming vice, so he's pretty liberal about getting me new content for the game.

My man's like that too lmao I only have just enough to cover what would be my half of the bills in any normal roommate situation, and he's the main bacon fetcher but he's super tight with money, but when it comes to Sims he doesn't mind because its the only thing I ever play, it makes me happy, and its not like they're releasing new stuff every week or something so he treats me :smile:
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Better be the appropriate parties in Maxis land getting their butts into gear and clearing out the bug infested swamp that is pretending to be a Sims computer game! Some of those bugs are so old and so big they're beginning to look like alligators.
  • Options

I never win when it comes to contests, so I will have to pass, but thanks for the advice much appreciated.
  • Options
    We are now in July, July 16th to be exact, and I still do not see anything that says New stuff is coming for this Sims 4 game, I even looked on the Sims community page, is there a New teaser out somewhere that I have not seen , what is the hold up?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    We're currently scheduled for our annual excessive downtime, followed by another disappointing expansion pack where they insist on showing off the new Aggrivated Toaster object instead of focusing on the main features, and if we're lucky we get another interesting game pack.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    We're currently scheduled for our annual excessive downtime, followed by another disappointing expansion pack where they insist on showing off the new Aggrivated Toaster object instead of focusing on the main features, and if we're lucky we get another interesting game pack.

I got one word bout this message> Amen, :)
  • Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    Only the Guru's knows!!
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I think they're making a pets but has not announced it yet.
  • Options
    It seems like I have been gone for months, only to come back to still nothing New for Sims 4 as far as game play that I use, I am beginning to wonder if there ever will be anything more for this game , or is it the end of the line for My game time.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It seems like I have been gone for months, only to come back to still nothing New for Sims 4 as far as game play that I use, I am beginning to wonder if there ever will be anything more for this game , or is it the end of the line for My game time.
    According to the time stamp it has been 16 days.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    What I'm hoping the next big thing is is Cars being added in an Update. Probebly won't happen this year but next year I think the chances might be pretty good.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member

It has been only like, 2 or 3 weeks? Besides, even if new content was not being released anymore, why would you quit if you already liked the game? I think you play Sims 2 and 3, yes? You like those games I think?? They are not getting content either.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Since they've been covering everything that came with TS2 Nightlife (Bowling, Clubbing, Dating, Restaurants) , I think we might be getting Pets next. They saw how in TS3, University could be an EP that comes way later on, and 'Open for Business' is kind of covered in Get to Work. We also have game code that suggests cats and dogs are coming, and a developer updating his resume to add work on animals and animal animations (or something like that). Hopefully we get a rich Pets EP this fall.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Since it seems like pets are coming soon im hoping Uni comes afterwards
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    FloppyFish wrote: »

It has been only like, 2 or 3 weeks? Besides, even if new content was not being released anymore, why would you quit if you already liked the game? I think you play Sims 2 and 3, yes? You like those games I think?? They are not getting content either.

It has been a lot longer then just a couple of weeks for Me, I am looking for Gothic type stuff, not just anything they throw into the game, and yes I do play all the sims games from 1 to 4 as well as the others like Medieval , I am waiting for more chars to make like Supernaturals and More Gothic type items to use for My game, I have yet to see much of anything except what was put into the spooky pack, and finally the Vampire Pack after waiting 2 yrs for that stuff, I am hoping that they do not take another 2 years to put anything else Gothic in game.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

16 days for what pray tell? , nothing that I am interesting in I take it, only stuff that others want or like, so for Me it has been a lot longer then just 16 days.
  • Options
    What I'm hoping the next big thing is is Cars being added in an Update. Probebly won't happen this year but next year I think the chances might be pretty good.

Hey Cat nice to see ya, yup I am hoping Cars as well make it into the Sims 4, but others keep saying that they wont work in the game for some reason or another, but I can still hope they are added though, :)
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    > @BlueBlack007 said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > What I'm hoping the next big thing is is Cars being added in an Update. Probebly won't happen this year but next year I think the chances might be pretty good.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey Cat nice to see ya, yup I am hoping Cars as well make it into the Sims 4, but others keep saying that they wont work in the game for some reason or another, but I can still hope they are added though, :)

Yeah, I get why people are saying they won't work what with TS4 being a closed world and all, but I think they tend to forget that TS2 was as closed as you could get and that game still had cars :* . So I'm still hoping.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

16 days for what pray tell? , nothing that I am interesting in I take it, only stuff that others want or like, so for Me it has been a lot longer then just 16 days.

16 days that you've been gone.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    > @BlueBlack007 said:
    > samemie wrote: »
    >
    > @BlueBlack007 In future to make sure you don't end up buying a pack with nothing you want, you can check what items are in it before hand (particularly with stuff packs that don't tend to have much new gameplay). When you load up your game, you know it displays all the packs on the left side? If there's one you don't have, click it and it will show you all the CAS and build mode items. And also I would do some research as to what features or gameplay might be included in a pack so if it's not going to fit your style of play, you don't waste money on it. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you for the advice, I did not know that bout the packs in the in game, I will try that next time, but so far I got all the packs for now.

I know I've saved money on bundles. Like three for the price of one.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Not pre teens, hopefully.