Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has retail improved?

I havent touched retail in a while, is it now better? Do customers still gather and chat mostly? Do they still spend forever pondering over a cheap item that sells for 10simoleon? Do customers still think about the purchase and when decided to buy just randomly pick an item to buy?

I really want to play retail again....

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    just try it and see I guess?
    retail has always been fine to me and it seems the best and easiest way to make money.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    They might have tweaked a few things, like the time it takes to check out customers. I find that it's much quicker than it used to be. As for all the things you mention, it still works just like you describe it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thats disappointing. Retail are profitable only if you sell really expensive things...
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    It seems to still work the same, although I agree they may have tweaked the time to check out customers. And it's true retail is only profitable if you sell expensive things, but in a way, it makes sense. It would be hard to simulate the volume needed to get a profit for low-cost items. If I want a nicely profitable shop I don't sell anything that's priced under $500 simoleans, and for the big bucks, nothing under $2,000.

Mixing low priced and higher priced items can work too, but the high priced items have to sell. I have found they seem to go for the higher priced items a lot of the time though. I had a shop with some photos and then cameras, and they tended to buy the cameras more than the photos. There seems to be no correlation between what they're browsing and what they end up buying.

I actually really love playing retail.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    If you think Sims 4 Retail is bad then try Sims 3 it is the worst. Sims 2 was the best.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Never tried ts3 retail but yes ts2 OFB is fab!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2017
    If anything has changed it must be very minor. I dont really like the retail aspect of get to work. I think as i still play the sims 2 alot im so used to how detailed the retail in OFB is i just cant use it in 4. Retail should have been a game pack so they could have fleshed it out more.