Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers can not sleep inside tents

I took my family to camp out in the open, and to my surprise, my youngest daughter has no place to sleep because she has no interaction with the tent. This is very unpleasant, please create an interaction for toddlers to come into the tent and sleep with their parents?

NhFtQCY.jpg
tenor.gif

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Thats good to know. I have yet to take a toddler camping but now I'm going to be forced to buy a cabin and buy a toddler bed.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    So can toddlers only sleep outside?

As cruel as it sounds, I had to chuckle at the thought! :blush:

Yeah! For a brief moment I even thought: and now, what do I do for the baby to sleep? Putting a baby bed outside? And then I thought, no, this is crazy.

Unfortunately I was quite surprised that there was no interaction. My daughter would sleep in the larger tent with her parents, but since it was not possible, I had to send her home. Apparently next time I'll have to rent a cabin.

I was really annoyed because I have a 3-year-old son in real life, and he has already camped with me in a professional tent, like this one in the game, and he had every comfort and care possible. It was a great family time. Too bad I can not reproduce the story in the game.
    tenor.gif
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm so annoyed by this too, I hope they change it so my sims can camp with the whole family again!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

Thank goodness there's no weather.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Yeah! For a brief moment I even thought: and now, what do I do for the baby to sleep? Putting a baby bed outside? And then I thought, no, this is crazy.

Unfortunately I was quite surprised that there was no interaction. My daughter would sleep in the larger tent with her parents, but since it was not possible, I had to send her home. Apparently next time I'll have to rent a cabin.

I was really annoyed because I have a 3-year-old son in real life, and he has already camped with me in a professional tent, like this one in the game, and he had every comfort and care possible. It was a great family time. Too bad I can not reproduce the story in the game.

Well it is traditional in The Sims for parents to place babies on the ground and my past experiences with toddlers show that there is no reason why a toddler would even be that offended if they slept outside! :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I reckon that this was just something EA overlooked when they made toddlers. If we can bring it to their attention somehow, I would not be surprised if they could patch it in at a later date.

It would certainly be nice to take a toddler or two camping. I started camping with my kids when they were fairly young and it was great.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2017

Agree ! But I know some people will be amazingly happy to see the toddlers burnt or roasted by a lightning strikes ... haha ! :'(>:)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

Agree ! But I know some people will be amazingly happy to see the toddlers burnt or roasted by a lightning strikes ... haha ! :'(>:)

Well everyone has a deviant side in The Sims! >:)

I once tried to get a kid struck by lighting in TS2, it didn't work though :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Yeah I noticed this right after Toddlers patched- I just went in and bought a toddler bed and dropped it on the ground. I know there must be a reason but I wonder why toddlers weren't made to just sleep in regular beds anyway- then I could have just bought air beds for the family, got rid of the tent and then it would have seemed more normal. Maybe the future toddler pack will include and tiny sleeping bag.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Well it is traditional in The Sims for parents to place babies on the ground and my past experiences with toddlers show that there is no reason why a toddler would even be that offended if they slept outside! :no_mouth:
    You don't play a lot with babies in Sims 3 I take it ;)?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    There is another issue with toddlers in GF as well.

Without being able to sleep in a tent, I put the toddler to sleep at the cabin, then took some family members to see the hermit. When the toddler was rested, I started bringing the rest of the family, using the "bring here" action. Due to stupidity on my part, I forgot to bring the toddler first, and so he was sent to daycare(not nanny), when there was only a child and toddler left in the cabin. Fair enough. I finished up at the hermits and went back to the cabin, but couldn't get the toddler to rejoin the family. Couldn't "bring here" (The away action was greyed out), couldn't invite to join on vacation as the lot was full (so the toddler was still technically taking up a slot). I would get constant notifications about the toddler returning from daycare, but the toddler never came back. He was home when I ended the vacation though.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I don't think that I have played with a baby in a long time. I have heard the usual horror stories of babies being left in the snow though :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I don't think that I have played with a baby in a long time. I have heard the usual horror stories of babies being left in the snow though :open_mouth:
    Me too but as long as there is a crib in the house they will put the baby in that crib ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Let the toddler fall asleep on the ground then put the tent on top of them.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    edited April 2017

Well everyone has a deviant side in The Sims! >:)

I once tried to get a kid struck by lighting in TS2, it didn't work though :open_mouth:

@king_of_simcity7 muahah yes we're all a little bit >:) with the sims. Plus I got an insightful omg :)
    ha this time they were a little bit realistic I heard there is a man in this planet that is always stricking by lightnings without being dead. The devs really took inspiration from him that's not possible . The sims are roasted for other reasons why not this time.

The only solution is to reinstall the game fully or waiting for a fixing patch. If you are numerous to experience the glitches hopefully that will be over. i don't play ts4 yet I just read to inform me if someday I buy it.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    They haven't done anything to the toddlers with other packs that came prior to the Toddler update as well.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I have a feeling they either overlooked this, or thought it'll be better for toddlers to sleep in a home with a bed. Either way, it would be adorable to have them sleep in a tent, kind of an adventure for them.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    Skobee wrote: »
    I have a feeling they either overlooked this, or thought it'll be better for toddlers to sleep in a home with a bed. Either way, it would be adorable to have them sleep in a tent, kind of an adventure for them.
    Which would be nonsense, I can declare from real life experience toddlers are perfectly fine sleeping in a tent ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I took my tot camping. I built a little three sided lean-to and put the rustic looking toddler bed and a potty chair in it. The parents slept in a tent. Colt was a little grungy when they got home but that was kind of realistic.
    They haven't done anything to the toddlers with other packs that came prior to the Toddler update as well.

That's true :)