Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wouldn't you rather get laundry later?

If you want laundry, whatever. I'm not a fan of laundry in real life or sims. Why laundry now? Wouldn't you all rather wait, and get more options? Multiple washing machines and dryers, sonic dryers that dry your clothes instantly? Washing machine soap bubble deaths? I would much rather wait and get many more laundry options instead of one or two sets at most. If there was a laundry stuff pack, toddlers and children could have little play laundry sets too. That way, laundry would have a lot more options, and more gameplay.

Comments

• SshayRSshayR Posts: 44 Member
    I somewhat agree with you, but I don't know.. I would love for my sims to have a fully functioning washer and dryer w/o downloading cc. It just gives my sims that homey feel. I mean the developers can always add patches later on like they do for majority of the game play, Who knows, maybe we will get more options with the washer and dryer..we shouldn't assume yet.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    No, I would be happy for a basic and expensive set of front loaders only. Why take up so much room of a larger pack?

Edit to say that an all-in-one unit would be nice too, since that would have the same animations. That could be easily added to the pack.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't want anything later. I want it all now. And there's no reason to think that getting something later necessarily means getting more of it not the same as we'd get now. Things will get what development budget they'll get; they aren't going to get a bigger one just because they get made in 2018 instead of 2017.

Have to say, I'll be really interested to see what gameplay objects actually get voted in in June, because there are so many assumptions going on about which ones would win. We don't even actually know if laundry would turn out to be more popular with the whole world of Simmers speaking all languages than some other feature. We don't know if they'd do just laundry or laundry plus other stuff. Anyway, I plan to vote for what I want personally, out of the options presented in June. I'm not going to vote down something I want just in case it comes out later but better.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited April 2017
    @luthienrising True, we don't even know what this pack will contain. If canning was an option, I'd probably vote for that instead of laundry because I think that would offer more gameplay. Who knows how this will shake out?

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Too late to ask the question I'm afraid.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I don't want anything later. I want it all now. And there's no reason to think that getting something later necessarily means getting more of it not the same as we'd get now. Things will get what development budget they'll get; they aren't going to get a bigger one just because they get made in 2018 instead of 2017.

Have to say, I'll be really interested to see what gameplay objects actually get voted in in June, because there are so many assumptions going on about which ones would win. We don't even actually know if laundry would turn out to be more popular with the whole world of Simmers speaking all languages than some other feature. We don't know if they'd do just laundry or laundry plus other stuff. Anyway, I plan to vote for what I want personally, out of the options presented in June. I'm not going to vote down something I want just in case it comes out later but better.

I disagree based on the fact that this is a STUFF pack. So that means minimal gameplay added which means if we do get laundry it's likely to just be as a decoration. Not the whole having a laundromat lot option and all the other options we had in the past. I mean if they're going to add something they've had before it should be just as good if not better.

I disagree based on the fact that this is a STUFF pack. So that means minimal gameplay added which means if we do get laundry it's likely to just be as a decoration. Not the whole having a laundromat lot option and all the other options we had in the past. I mean if they're going to add something they've had before it should be just as good if not better.

The guru's have not talked about laundry being deco only. There can be one or two gameplay objects in a Stuff Pack that have new animations. Possibly more, depending on how intricately animated the items are. Laundry is being considered as one possibility. When everyone was talking about front loaders, side loaders, stackabe, ironing, etc.... SimGuruGraham came on the forums and said they could take this pack as JUST laundry, and flesh it completely out as far as they could take it (with all possible combinations) OR we could have a simpler version of laundry and maybe some other gameplay feature in addition to it.

So I think it really depends on the community. Do we go "laundry all the way" with this pack, or do we choose a simpler version and possibly add something else to the pack?