Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with CC or Vanilla?

JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
edited April 2017 in General Mods Discussion
I was wondering how simmers play the game these days, with CC or without CC. Vanilla game means that you do not use CC or mods or any other 3rd party content. CC and mods is player created hair, objects, make-up etc. So which do you prefer and why?

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Vanilla. No mods, and no CC. It's easier to upkeep, and I'll know for sure that if any issues arrive in the game, it's either the game's fault or my PC and not some random bit of CC or a mod I'd have to chase down every single time.

Can't tell you how many times I'll see people post supposed 'bugs' with the game, going on and on about how the gurus need to fix this or that, only to come back later and say it was CC x or mod y. Or issues with the gallery or whatever. If I ask the gurus for a fix, I'd like to know for sure it's their mistake to fix first, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I play with CC, mainly because I like making male sims and there's not enough options for guys. I do try to keep it all maxis match so it won't look too out of place when I have townies photobomb my screenshots.
    I use a few mods, like MCCC, for story progression. As much as I like rotating, I like getting surprised or getting weird matches. (Plus I'm bad at making decisions and often flip a coin when it's a 50/50 thing. :joy:)
    I also use a mod to take out good surroundings so they wouldn't be happy 99% of the time.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I use quite a few mods, but I am very light on CC. I only have CC for toddlers. They really need more clothing and hair options for them. Can't wait for the family pack! :D
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    The hairstyles, clothing and hairstyles made by maxis feels more creative/open/clean/more personality to the normal cc that we have these days (in personal opinion , this does include maxis matches). I play with vanilla most of time, but I do sprinkle in some cc that I would rarely use.
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    I tried playing vanilla but I got so bored and frustrated so now I´m back with cc again ;) I try to keep it Maxis match though.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I do both. I have a ton of CC and mods, but I also keep a vanilla save file to mess around with from time to time.
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    My game is made out of mods and CC, I only use mods and poses for stories and MCCC because my game wouldn't be as steady without it, I'm trying to turn maxis match but I'm going to use both Alpha and Maxis Match because I can't resist it.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Vanilla. I try to be creative with what's already there, and then I find that it's more than enough. I can't be bothered with the whole mods maintenance fuss, it's not worth it for me.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I've got some clothing recolours which I'm happy with.

I'm not so happy with some of the custom hair. It looks ok but the Sims end up in some odd outfits which seem to be related to the choice of hair.

I want to get some furniture recolours but haven't found anything that I like yet.

I'm keeping mods to the absolute minimum. I've got one just now - it stops them washing their hands all the time. That's the thing, out of all the many to choose from, that actually drove me nuts :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    The 1 mod I use is MCCC, mostly for story progression.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Thanks for the comments guys...seems like many player use maxis match CC these days. I personally do not need so much in the Sims 4 and I like playing vanilla but some things are missing like more tones in hair colors, fantasy hair colors for children and toddlers, alien or other fantasy eyes. I think that the alien hybrids with human eyes look so weird and off. They should fix that so that there would be hybrids with alien eyes more. Especially missing hair colors and eyelashes make me download CC hairs and lashes but after a while I remove them because they seem to mess the CAS somehow. So atm..I am playing vanilla game.
  • Dexter742Dexter742 Posts: 109 Member
    I tried to keep my game CC free, but I just can't resist it! I do keep most of it to Maxis Match content. My folder is huge, but luckily I recently organised it so I know exactly what goes where.
    tumblr_m9w3d7LGs31qgple6o2_500.gif
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don´t know if I am the only one but I don´t understand why sims do not have eyelashes in the game lol :D...I guess it´s art style or something. But if CC maker can make gorgeous lashes maybe they can too :)...those type of missing things in the game are the only reason I ever downloaded CC.
    Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I play vanilla. I tried some maxis match CC at one point, but most of it was gender conversions. I've tried out a couple of mods as well, but went back to vanilla because I enjoy figuring out my way through the game mod free. Also I'm too lazy to update mods frequently.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    No mods or cc with a different mesh.

But I have downloaded some object recolors of what's already in the game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Have always been vanilla, since the very first iteration.
    Lately I have been tempted by some mods but I can't be bothered really. To me it's too much of a pain to keep up with updates and whatnot.
    As for CC, I find most of it hideous (this is just my opinion, I don't mean to upset anyone). Some that are Maxis match (I think that's how they call them) look good but again, like with mods, I just can't be bothered. Too much of a hassle.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I use the mastercontroller mod and I have maybe 5 pieces of cc for CAS. I might go looking for more natural hair colours today but otherwise I like my game as it currently is.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I've never used mods. But I have had to download the no cull mod because my family trees were being destroyed.

Vanilla other than that.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I use CC, but only maxis match. I don't like the whole alpha look...
  • spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    i play without cc and mods. i prefer maxis created packs.
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    No CC, but quite a few mods - I can't play the game without them.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    Vanilla
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play with CC and mods. I feel both can enhance the game. (Also I like playing with anime and video game characters and thats imposible with out cc.) I have alot of experience modding games, so I'm ok with the upkeep. The sims is a diffent beast, as my usual thing of modding games is play vanilla, then mod out fixes, and add more content where the sims I go in knowing I want more content. I do apprecient the vanilla game, I wouldn't play it otherwise, but I like variety and for me cc adds that. Also mods help with some annoyances (how long it takes sims to eat, the culling, ect,) So that's how I like to play.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    CC all the way! I probably would have stopped playing if it weren't for mods and cc to keep it interesting.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Poekie03 wrote: »
    I use CC, but only maxis match. I don't like the whole alpha look...

Same.