Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like to be teased about stuff.

brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
If so why do you like being teased. my thoughts are teasing is teasing even if it is "friendly" and in some cases i am not fully sure why and how its even a good idea even if it is "friendly" like unless you are really close to the person and its an inside joke i personally do not think teasing is okay even if it is well ment.

Comments

• Options
    AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    The first thing that came to my mind was trailer teases. Which is a definite no. Surprises are fun.

If I really know the person, I don't mind. I do it back quite a bit. And by really know, I mean a year has probably gone by and I've judged that person worthy of my limited trust.
    Why? People have different views of fun. If it's harmless to those involved, that's all we need to understand.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, I agree that I wouldn't mind if it's someone I know. But I don't like it when an acquaintance or stranger teases me. Like, "Who do you think you are? LOL."
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I don't mind it. I tease a lot of people too so I have to be able to take it. But it is a do it with caution kind of thing. Like I might teawe coworkers I know well, but I wouldn't tease a new employee or customers (maybe in very rare cases where I know them really *really* well) or strangers

I will tease my friends. Constantly. I'm not likely to be friends with someone who can't take it, though it has happened but I'm just more compatible with people who share my twisted humour. And I *expect* to be teased back.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    In jest and in puns is how my friends generally communicate. So yeah, teasing of that sort is normal for me.

It's kind of like "reading people and giving shade", it's gotta be funny, and it's ok if it's your friends, but it's not nice if you do it to strangers.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    It really depends on what it's about and who it is that's teasing me. If it's family and friends then I don't mind, we tease each other back and forth quite frequently about silly things. When it comes to complete strangers then a lot of times I really don't really care for it much, but I'm also pretty easy going and typically don't get offended easily.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2017
    Tease my mates all the time. We're pretty vulgar peers tbh so the jests are very mutual.
    However if a random stranger or someone I am not comfortable with teases me I find it a little invasive.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I don't mind when people mention things that can be classed as teasing occasionally, but if they feel the need to constantly bring it up, I will get so angry and snap. There's limits and it's rude when people feel as if they can push you over the edge!
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't even look at it as teasing when it's among people I know. It's normal communication.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Er, not particularly. All the teasing I've experienced has been the mean kind. :unamused: If I had experienced some fun teasing, maybe I'd feel differently about it.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I don't mind as long as I know the person's intentions are good. For example, I'm close enough with my brother that if he teases me about something I'm sensitive about, we've talked about it enough for me to know he accepts me either way. But if it's someone who seems to resent or lord over some sort of perceived weakness of mine, then I don't like that and will burn their Sim effigy alive while chanting in the dark with candles, like normal people do.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited April 2017
    I agree.

I'm mostly laid-back about everything, so a little bit of teasing here and there by the people I know are okay. People who I do not know- or who I'm not close with- I don't mind either.... but it makes me uncomfortable because they know NOTHING about me. :p
    Post edited by Linds_the_kitty on
  • Options
    well i suppose i should say it more like someone has info i would like to know and they can release the info when they are ready but they are teaseing me saying hey we have info and you do not have it yet haha look at us knowing all the info we have and you do not.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Nooo. I do not. I'm not good at understanding when something is a 'joke' or not, so a lot of the time I get upset, even if I do know it supposed to be 'just a joke.' Like if you say it's 'just a joke', to me it's about as meaningful to me as the "no offence" if someone said "you look like a cross between a kangaroo's butt and ET... no offense though", so the "no offence" reaally does nothing for me bc I still got called a kangaroo's butt crossed with ET. Which is a weirdly specific insult but... Oh well.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    Nooo. I do not. I'm not good at understanding when something is a 'joke' or not, so a lot of the time I get upset, even if I do know it supposed to be 'just a joke.' Like if you say it's 'just a joke', to me it's about as meaningful to me as the "no offence" if someone said "you look like a cross between a kangaroo's butt and ET... no offense though", so the "no offence" reaally does nothing for me bc I still got called a kangaroo's butt crossed with ET. Which is a weirdly specific insult but... Oh well.
    yeah that is exactly how i feel seriously!
  • Options
    april_deniseapril_denise Posts: 10 New Member
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > well i suppose i should say it more like someone has info i would like to know and they can release the info when they are ready but they are teaseing me saying hey we have info and you do not have it yet haha look at us knowing all the info we have and you do not.

That's not teasing, that's just being mean. :|

I agree with most of what everyone else has said... I'm used to lots of "friendly" teasing from my family and my husband, mainly from being vertically challenged. :P But yeah, if it's someone that I don't know at all, I'm not as likely to be completely okay with it.
  • Options
    SquidlyDiddlySquidlyDiddly Posts: 29 Member
    If it's playful teasing I don't see a problem