Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Access My Own Discussion

I can't access the discussion for my story, According To Plan. It always leads me to a page that says "Permission Problems". When I go to my account and try to access it through my discussions, it doesn't even show up! When I look it up in the search bar, the discussion will be under "Hidden Thread". Is no one else able to access it, either, or is it just me?

It might be possible that the site thought I was spamming, but the only reason I had to re-edit my 4/20 update post several times was because of a coding error caused by a smiley face I had accidentally transferred from Word to TSF. It would cause my story's third chapter to cut off after only a paragraph, so I had to go through and edit and re-upload several times 'til I found the issue.

I never posted more comments, though! I just edited an existing one maybe three times? -_- Please tell me this is temporary, because I plan on uploading with a chapter update tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am so sorry but I am getting the permission denied message when I try to access your thread :( You may need to pm SimGuruDrake about the thread,
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Same thing is happening to me :( it only started after the maintenance was done.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They removed the Stories and Legacies section entirely, among other things. I always visit that part, so I noticed immediately.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Same for my thread. Must be that maintenance that caused it. :(
    Banner.png
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Try to access your stories in this forum section: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    There seems to be a fair few pages/threads missing, Including comments that were made on said pages/threads.

I'm hoping this is only a temporary thing. :/
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Try to access your stories in this forum section: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

That's only Sims 4 stories. My story was on the Sims 3 storytellers. And that's completely empty. :c
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    I hope this problem goes away soon. It seems like everyone is having a similar problem.
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    I lost my entire build thread. Sure I only had one build so far, but the time it took to shove all the photo urls in it makes me want to cry.
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    It appears that they've deleted all of our threads, or at least, in the process of deleting the forums they were under, deleted the connections to them.

This makes me so ANGRY! EA, stop "fixing" things that don't need fixing, and give us our threads back! :angry:
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    The weirdest part is that I can see I have 4 discussions started, but when I go the list there is only 3. I really hope they have an archive so I can at least copy and past my stuff into a new thread...
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited May 2017

My thread is not there. It's the one in my signature called, Rebuilding Worlds.
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    What I find odd is that I had several threads bookmarked, some created by me, others not. Some were deleted, a few weren't. I don't really mind, much, the threads were for the most part "dead" anyway. One thread that wasn't deleted the last post was over 2 years ago. I had another thread, based on my current Sims 4 game, that I last posted to yesterday has been deleted. Luckily, I have a wordpress account for the bulk of my pictures/stories so I didn't lose anything except my "Hey, I updated again" thread...
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I've lost my legacy too...
    So, when they moved the stories & legacies path how did they decide what threads to keep and what ones to delete?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    I've lost my legacy too...
    So, when they moved the stories & legacies path how did they decide what threads to keep and what ones to delete?

I think the threads that's over in the TS4 Creative Corner was the ones that was already there while the ones that was in the generic Creative Corner that TS2/TS3/TS4 had shared are the ones that either got deleted or hidden. So hopefully the can figure out how to restore the ones from the generic CC and put them in their proper places... :)
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I think the threads that's over in the TS4 Creative Corner was the ones that was already there while the ones that was in the generic Creative Corner that TS2/TS3/TS4 had shared are the ones that either got deleted or hidden. So hopefully the can figure out how to restore the ones from the generic CC and put them in their proper places... :)

I'm not sure what "criteria" they used...
    My thread was located in the "Stories and Legacies" section previously and I see threads currently there which were in the same section too. Some that are both newer/older and less active than mine. I just wonder if the deleted threads were removed purposely or accidently?

I wonder if the Gurus will have an answer or acknowledge it?

• Options

I'm not sure what "criteria" they used...
    My thread was located in the "Stories and Legacies" section previously and I see threads currently there which were in the same section too. Some that are both newer/older and less active than mine. I just wonder if the deleted threads were removed purposely or accidently?

I wonder if the Gurus will have an answer or acknowledge it?

I think I have seen some people saying that the Guru's are supposed to be looking into it. I've sent SGDrake a message about the thread that I have asking her if it's possible that it can be restored and placed where it should be, but I haven't heard anything from here as always since I don't think she really replies to anyone's threads anymore like she used to do.
  • Options
    I think I have seen some people saying that the Guru's are supposed to be looking into it. I've sent SGDrake a message about the thread that I have asking her if it's possible that it can be restored and placed where it should be, but I haven't heard anything from here as always since I don't think she really replies to anyone's threads anymore like she used to do.

Really? That's slightly hopeful (maybe)...
    I've noticed that too about the response. I've read that some people were getting answers on Twitter. So, I've sent a message here and on twitter in hope of getting a response, but I'm doubtful. It seems that I generally get ignored on Twitter by almost everyone that I don't know personally.

• Options

Really? That's slightly hopeful (maybe)...
    I've noticed that too about the response. I've read that some people were getting answers on Twitter. So, I've sent a message here and on twitter in hope of getting a response, but I'm doubtful. It seems that I generally get ignored on Twitter by almost everyone that I don't know personally.

I hope so too as I would hate to have to go back through the thread that I had been sharing my updates on just to look for them and do the copy and paste just to start a new thread. I mean I could do that for now and if and when they do sort through them, I could ask for the older one to be closed. But for now, I will wait it out and see what becomes of this situation as I would really hate to have to go through all of the work again just to make another thread unless I really have to at a later date. Or I could use my WordPress account to write up and then share it here but I haven't really learned how to use that site really well yet and I have 1 story over there but half of the pictures won't show up. So I'm just better off sticking to this site. I could also use my FB page that I have for my stories but I know that a lot of members over here hate FB and refuses to start an account over there.

• Options
    Agreed...
    I'm holding off restarting my legacy thread in hopes that the original one with all of my reader/follower comments is restored. If it isn't, I always have Tumblr still but it was nice having it here since not everyone uses Tumblr. :)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    What I find odd is that I had several threads bookmarked, some created by me, others not. Some were deleted, a few weren't. I don't really mind, much, the threads were for the most part "dead" anyway. One thread that wasn't deleted the last post was over 2 years ago. I had another thread, based on my current Sims 4 game, that I last posted to yesterday has been deleted. Luckily, I have a wordpress account for the bulk of my pictures/stories so I didn't lose anything except my "Hey, I updated again" thread...

I fully understand if "dead" threads are deleted. But I had started a thread called: "I'll make the sims you wish for" under sims and modeling, and it was very well visited and some people and myself posted as late as yesterday, and now I can't get access to it.
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    My point exactly! If you look on the new forum for Stories and Legacies, the oldest thread active (as in not officially "Closed") had their last post in Aug 2014! It's back on page 75 or so...out of 100. The two threads that I started that are active are from games/stories that I either discontinued or finished...making them "dead".
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm so mad that all these creative corner threads are just gone... I feel sad and overwhelmed just thinking about all the hard work that was lost. Come on EA, fix this!

Edit: thank god, the threads were restored... I'm still sad all the game versions have a seperate section though. What about a shared creative corner?
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on